Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Man this Direct was a killer. I mean look at all of these games that were announced. Luigi's Mansion 3, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Final Fantasy games, Animal Crossing, Yoshi's Crafty World, more Smash, more Pokemon, more stuff for Splatoon and Mario Aces. Man what a crazy direct. And to think only 5% of the Direct was leaked.

where's sans

Eh

pretty meh direct. basically all of it was shit i didnt really care for or just reitteration of already known info
ready for that twewy remake tho

I enjoyed that direct wasn't the best i've ever seen but there are a lot of games in 2019 I see myself buying.

I haven't watched the direct, but based on what I learned, I like:
- Final Fantasy love for Nintendo. The games listed haven't appear on a Nintendo system, so to see them here is wonderful
- Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion coming. You can never have too many new games on the horizon.
- Smash announcing another new character
- Yoshi game looking to be great
- Splatoon 2 content
- Third party support all around, such as Daemon x Machina and the Katamari Damacy remaster
- Epic Yarn on the 3DS

There is only one thing I didn't like, but I think I will not mention it.

Thank you for reading.

I enjoyed more info on BIS DX, Luigi's Mansion 3 announcement, Super Mario Party etc. As usual, all the Mario-related stuff caught my eye but other than that I was indifferent. Which I've come to expect by now, but this one had a particularly long section with nothing of interest to me. I was recording my reactions so I'm glad I decided to cut the boring parts because it would be one drag of a video otherwise :P

I did get amusement out of the fact that there's a game called "Town." Don't care for the game whatsoever and I know the title is tentative but it just cracked me up for some reason.

Luigi's Mansion 3 looks nice. I somewhat expected them to announce that since for Simon's Smash reveal they redesigned the Poltergust, so I figured this had to do with a new Luigi's Mansion game. But it looks great so far.

And I can't believe that all these Final Fantasy games are coming too, I heard a lot about how great these games were and I wanted to try at least one out, and this is what they give me! Probably will go for FFVII because that's the more popular one, but I'll see what happens down the line.

Yoshi's Crafted World looks nice too. Sweet graphics as well, and it sems like this is gonna have lotsa content. I'm not completely decided on wether or not I'm buying that, but again, they're probably gonna talk more about the game, so let's wait and see.

So proud of my girl Isabelle for not only making the jump from Assist to playable, but also for being her own fighter. I couldn't be any happier for her. Bandana Dee, Geno, and Impa are pretty much the only ones remaining I really want to to see. She's definitely gonna be one of my mains.

It's inevitable. I've given up on SMO DLC, their last chance for it to be worthwhile for them was for the game's 1 year anniversary. Now how about putting the "new" back in NSMB?

All games in the Direct that I plan to buy:
-New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe was a highlight for me. It looks really cool, and I'll buy it despite also owning the original. Similar to what I did with Mario Kart 8.
-Bowser's Inside Story DX looks like it's going to be a cool remake. I never played the original, so this is exciting! Definitely buying this.
-Super Mario Party looks interesting, and I'd sure love a Mario Party on Switch. It's returning to the classic gameplay, which is also exciting (as long as they fix the length issues). I'm definitely buying this one.
-Yoshi's Crafted World looks really good, and it looks to be as good as Woolly World! Definitely buying.
-Reminder that I still need to buy Mario Tennis Aces. I'm definitely buying it, but I'm not sure when.
-Little is known about it, but the very existence of Luigi's Mansion 3 gets me excited. I'm probably going to buy this after I play the first two. Definitely buying that Luigi's Mansion 1 remake ASAP.
-Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn looks neat, as I missed the original. I think I might buy it.

Additionally, I won't main Isabelle in Smash Ultimate, but her inclusion in the roster is a great thing for those who will. I was honestly hoping for Geno, but Isabelle ain't bad!

NSMBU Deluxe being announced was a bit of a disappointment but we did get Peachette which is closer to a playable Peach with a pint of Daisy in it.

I really am waiting for a New Super Mario Bros. Switch with Peach playable and not kidnapped and everything that I've been wanting for NSMB Switch in videos and posts. I want that game in return. Same with a Mario Kart 9. I want a new original game because I want fresh new ideas that I've discussed in my original video about things that I want in New Super Mario Bros. Switch.

Honestly I'm not sure why you'd be satisfied with Peachette if you want Peach herself playable. It basically proved that they were able to code in the mechanics no problem but couldn't be arsed to slightly change the excuse plot to get the real deal playable. I was indifferent to a Switch NSMB in general, Peach or not, but I think if they went to the trouble to program her abilities they should've just put her in. I'm sure they could find a different quirk for Toadette (or just have her replace Yellow Toad, yes I also think Blue should've had priority since that's the color in SMB2 and 3D World, otherwise just use red)

ive already talked a little bit about the direct on discord and when we watched it live, but i'll post some more coherent thoughts here:

Luigi's Mansion 3: i've never played the original LM and dark moon had trouble keeping my interest, but i'm glad this exists and i'll probably buy it when it releases. i like the idea of the lm's games and this one also looks really good in the visuals department. also then i'll be able to know the map well for kg :luigi:

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn: This is kind of a weird port to make but i guess the original is 8 years old now and in a sense its continuing the tradition of bringing newer versions of console games to handhelds (too bad they skipped kirby 64). idk how substantial the extra content is but i might pick this up somewhere down the line since i never actually owned the original

BiS remake: i already own the original and the new mode and graphics don't entice me enough to buy this again so meh

Luigi's Mansion 3DS: like i said before i havent played the original gamecube one and finding gamecube games these days is both difficult and expensive so i might pick this one up as well. multiplayer is nice but i dont understand why they made Green luigi instead of just another luigi with different colour overalls like in dark moon

Splatoon ver 4.0: i dont really play splatoon a lot online and the direct video didnt really give much info, but apparently they're changing how splatfests work? it seemed like the system didnt work too well before so im glad they're changing it to something thats hopefully better. also the music is still great as always

Mario Tennis Aces update: i basically stopped playing this a couple of days after it released but im glad its still getting new stuff beyond just characters. the new outfits are particularly nice. also having petey piranha is great

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe: this seems to be the same kind of port as DKCTF was, in that its all the same game but with an extra character/mode to make it easier. peachette is a really weird thing since it seems to just have the powers of the flying squirrel suit plus bottomless pit immunity so its like why did you make it so that it turns you into peach instead of a flying squirrel??
anyway i liked nsmbu well enough but unlike dkctf i dont think im gonna buy it again because i dont feel like replaying it right now. maybe in a few years down the line

Katamari Damacy: ive never played any of these games but they look fun and the concept is great. definitely gonna keep an eye on this one.

Nintendo Switch Online: hoo boy this is the big one, but funnily enough they revealed basically nothing new. i appreciate the animations with the mario characters that they put together though, those were really fun
anyway ive never really been too invested in playing this game but i will say that the only feature they havent stuffed up in some way or another is the price, which doesnt invoke a lot of confidence tbh. the most important thing will be too see if the online experience actually changes after this launches properly

Yoshi's Crafted World: When they did gameplay demos of this at e3 i wasn't really feeling it but i think the brief footage they showed here has got me more excited for it. it looks really pretty and the whole flip side mechanic can be good if they implement it right so hopefully this one turns out ok

Super Smash Bros: this was... ok. isabelle is definitely a worthy newcomer, it's just the reveal that felt a little lacking i guess. it dragged on for a little bit, and it doesnt help that initially she looked like she could have been an echo so i was waiting for someone else to show up the whole time. but now that i know she's a semi-clone it makes a little more sense. definitely the least hype-inducing of all the reveals so far, but thats ok because she's still a good addition.

Animal Crossing Switch: people have been wanting this for ages so im glad they've finally confirmed it. i wouldn't call myself hyped at the moment because it might still be a long way off but im sure i'll pick it up whenever it releases.

overall it was a pretty good direct. it was pretty low key but thats to be expected since most of the holiday lineup was already revealed

Roll and Maria Renard said:
NSMBU Deluxe being announced was a bit of a disappointment but we did get Peachette which is closer to a playable Peach with a pint of Daisy in it.

I really am waiting for a New Super Mario Bros. Switch with Peach playable and not kidnapped and everything that I've been wanting for NSMB Switch in videos and posts. I want that game in return. Same with a Mario Kart 9. I want a new original game because I want fresh new ideas that I've discussed in my original video about things that I want in New Super Mario Bros. Switch.
Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but the next NSMB likely won't be for Switch, but for their next console/handheld. This is probably the only 2D Mario we'll get for Switch (other than the NES games via the online service).

Yeah, I really find it upsetting because I want a new brand new NSMB game with fresh ideas + Peach being actually there along with Daisy as playable characters. Ports like these shouldn't be a thing. We want a new original NSMB game, that is NSMB Switch and not a port of NSMBU on Switch. The thought of a port like this is just fucking stupid. It's a no just no thing. I want 3D World or Mario Maker instead. There could be chance though just like with Mario Kart 9.

It's okay, it's just one game you don't like and a game you do like not quite happening. Just wait a while, maybe they'll some more ports along the line.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
Yeah, I really find it upsetting because I want a new brand new NSMB game with fresh ideas + Peach being actually there along with Daisy as playable characters. Ports like these shouldn't be a thing. We want a new original NSMB game, that is NSMB Switch and not a port of NSMBU on Switch. The thought of a port like this is just *bleep*ing stupid. It's a no just no thing. I want 3D World or Mario Maker instead. There could be chance though just like with Mario Kart 9.
I honestly don't think Mario Kart 9 will be on Switch either. It would sure be nice if they would have a second NSMB, or a second Mario Kart, but it's extremely unlikely considering that those series have a history of one-per-console. We can dream on, though, as it may happen.

I don't think the one-per-system rule is as solid as you think. Just because it never happened before doesn't mean it can't happen now. When you've got several Luigi's Mansions and Mario & Luigis on 3DS, I don't see why you can't have another NSMB on Switch when the first one was a port.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Honestly I'm not sure why you'd be satisfied with Peachette if you want Peach herself playable. It basically proved that they were able to code in the mechanics no problem but couldn't be arsed to slightly change the excuse plot to get the real deal playable. I was indifferent to a Switch NSMB in general, Peach or not, but I think if they went to the trouble to program her abilities they should've just put her in. I'm sure they could find a different quirk for Toadette (or just have her replace Yellow Toad, yes I also think Blue should've had priority since that's the color in SMB2 and 3D World, otherwise just use red)
I still am wanting and hoping for Peach to be playable after being rescued just like Super Mario Run. They were able to do it and they had the balls to do that.

Czario said:
I don't think the one-per-system rule is as solid as you think. Just because it never happened before doesn't mean it can't happen now. When you've got several Luigi's Mansions and Mario & Luigis on 3DS, I don't see why you can't have another NSMB on Switch when the first one was a port.
Yeah, we're getting Bayonetta 3 after Bayonetta 2 and we'll probably get a new DKC game after Tropical Freeze on the Switch. We might get NSMB Switch after this port.

[quote author=Nintendo]
Nintendo Treehouse: Live will feature live gameplay of Super #SmashBrosUltimate, #PokemonLetsGo, #YoshisCraftedWorld, and Diablo III: Eternal Edition. #DiabloSwitch
[/quote]

Ok. *Set clock at 9:40 my time (10:40 eastern time) even though I will be getting up earlier anyways.*

Back