Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

I have zero expectations for a new Paper Mario game. Even if there is one, I don't expect to be impressed at all.

What I expect:

-New Mario Sports title
-Fire Emblem Three Houses
-New Mario and Luigi game
-Yoshi Switch
-More Indie titles
-Luigi’s Mansion 3DS
-New character reveal for Smash Ultimate (Skull Kid)
-Metroid Prime 4
-Mario Odyssey DLC
-Animal Crossing Switch

supermariofan said:
What I expect:

-New Mario Sports title
-Fire Emblem Three Houses
-New Mario and Luigi game
-Yoshi Switch
-More Indie titles
-Luigi’s Mansion 3DS
-New character reveal for Smash Ultimate (Skull Kid)
-Metroid Prime 4
-Mario Odyssey DLC
-Animal Crossing Switch

I'm just glad other people want Odyssey DLC.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I have zero expectations for a new Paper Mario game. Even if there is one, I don't expect to be impressed at all.
Honestly, Color Splash was a great game. Objectively speaking, the only one that wasn't great was Sticker Star, a game I haven't played myself.

I personally think Paper Mario lost most of its appeal after SPM. Color Splash had hints of what used to be, like Huey being a great original character and Luigi and Bowser speaking, but it was still severely gimped by the limitations that remained from Sticker Star and I can't bring myself to support the series until it regains the creative freedom it had in the first 3 games. So I'll need to see significant signs of Tanabe's philosophies from the Game Informer interview being gone before I hype myself for a series I haven't been passionate about (other than the old games) in over a decade.

I forgot to mention that Splatoon 2 is definitely going to have something to show. Reason being that, dataminers have uncovered that a new update is due on 7th September, which is timed well with the Direct's timing. What could be shown? Well it's most likely going to have a new stage for October since September's new stage is a revamped old stage (Starfish Mainstage, considered the worst stage), weapons with different kits besides the alternative kits for current weapons, a new mode (8 Ball is the biggest possibility) and perhaps they would also include some new styles as an added bonus.

In regards to Paper Mario having a different direction, I doubt that we would see a huge swathes of original characters as in the GameCube one and Super Paper Mario, because from what I've heard, there is a job in their games development that essentially limits the types of characters that can show up in the games since probably around 2010 or so (maybe that's why Mario Party lacked original characters starting from 9, a 2012 game). I do wonder if, even though the gameplay got back to what people liked about Paper Mario, the lack of original characters would be a dealbreaker nonetheless.

Thank you for reading.

People will probably hate me for saying this (especially if it doesn't happen), but I don't think we will get SMO DLC. That said, they may want to continue updating the game with costumes and hidden Luigis after the DLC released. But, they seem like they try to get people to play the game again, but only for costumes mostly now it seems. Which are typically fillers.

Another prediction. Mario Kart Tour will be at it. It will get a release date, and we will get more details about it (including some tracks). Mario Kart may be a big title, but it's not worthy of its own direct. Especially since it is for mobile. And its only be a short amount of time (it terms of length in the direct).

Yoshi the SSM said:
People will probably hate me for saying this (especially if it doesn't happen), but I don't think we will get SMO DLC.
I don't see how predictions will offend people lol. Predictions are predictions. The worst that can happen is that you can catch flack for outlandish predictions (if you do strike the specific nerve) or maybe, maybe overly cynical (which this isn't) predictions.

Here are my hopes and fears for the direct.

The direct has been delayed due to the earthquake situation in Hokkaido:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1037596347979812864

I greatly value the safety and lives of people who produce this great content over information we will get eventually, I'm hoping for everyone to make it out, so I understand.

People on Facebook are actually stupid enough to say “It’s a tease! It’s hinting at Isaac being playable!” Do your fucking research you assholes! It’s a real thing!

Not upset.

I understand that they prioritise their citizens. I hope everyone is safe so we can watch the Direct altogether, when it finally arrives.

Innocent japanese lives and potential visitors are far more prioritized than our pleasure we find in directs.

So like good boiz, we shall accept, and we shall wait.

Given the delay, the Splatoon 2 update is also due a week later (at 14/9/2018). This means that we can expect the Nintendo Direct to appear a week later. Only downside is now some people might have greater expectations with the knowledge of a direct without knowing what would be announced.

Thank you for reading.

Someone in Hakkaido posted about it in a comment of the Nintendo post on Facebook, apparently most of the island is without power or water.

I can't believe how selfish and obnoxious some people can get on Facebook. Some guy was stupid enough to be the one that said, "I don't see how these two things are involved, derrr"

Just the nature of the internet I guess...

Relevant article that was posted on Discord: Jishuku: How Japan Mourns

Jishiku isn't just about cancelling celebrations. It's also considered bad form to engage in self promotion while in mourning. This encompasses things like publicity stunts and aggressive sales tactics. In fact, it's generally better to tone down money making activities altogether while in mourning.

So this isn't (necessarily) delayed because of technical problems, but out of respect.

I read some of the comments on the Twitter Post. The fact that there is people who care more about a game than an earthquake ruining the lives of people is absolutely disgusting. How can people be this stupid? My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims.

Some delay is nothing anyway in the grand scheme of things. People, when they grow up, will learn to deal with not getting their instant gratification one way or the other.

Boo4761 said:
I read some of the comments on the Twitter Post. The fact that there is people who care more about a game than an earthquake ruining the lives of people is absolutely disgusting. How can people be this stupid? My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims.

I wanted the direct to go as planned, Nintendo shouldn't of delayed it, but I have a kind heart. Just because people wanted the direct to go on as planned doesn't make us feel bad for other people. I personally have prayers for the victims of the earthquake and their families.

John McCain said:
Boo4761 said:

I wanted the direct to go as planned, Nintendo shouldn't of delayed it, but I have a kind heart. Just because people wanted the direct to go on as planned doesn't make us feel bad for other people. I personally have prayers for the victims of the earthquake and their families.

They may have delayed it to honor the fact that Iwata went to school there.

Anyway, I'm thinking the new date will be either next Wednesday or Thursday. Tuesday is an important date here in the US, 9/11; so they definitely won't do it then.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039876288553484291
Confirmed for September 13.

And Switch online info confirmed to feature in the Direct. Switch Online starts on September 18.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039877541790670848

Back