Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

If you couldn't tell from the post, this is from a gameplay perspective.
...Which is still subjective. People have different skills with different characters. Just because you're not good with Little Mac doesn't mean someone else can't be.

Personally? I'm good with Kirby but can't stand Sheik. Popular opinion seems to say the opposite. But popular does not mean correct. Again, "good character" is subjective.

Little Mac does suffer a lot of problems that make his match-ups in a 1-v-1 setting a little bit more difficult for him even if his skill level with his opponent is equal though.

Little Mac does suffer a lot of problems that make his match-ups in a 1-v-1 setting a little bit more difficult for him even if his skill level with his opponent is equal though.
I mean that is definitely true, characters can be poorly balanced. But tier isn't everything and an experienced Little Mac will always beat a noob Inkling.

...Which is still subjective. People have different skills with different characters. Just because you're not good with Little Mac doesn't mean someone else can't be.

Personally? I'm good with Kirby but can't stand Sheik. Popular opinion seems to say the opposite. But popular does not mean correct. Again, "good character" is subjective.
You quite clearly don't know what you're talking about if you believe people think Shiek is good (assuming you're talking about Ultimate). You're confusing enjoyment of a character, with how good they actually are. I enjoy playing as King K. Rool more then Peach/Daisy, but that doesn't he's a better character then them, it just means I like him more. I never said I didn't enjoy playing as Little Mac, because I do, but there the same applies there, I enjoy him more, but he's not any better of a character because of that. Sure, someone can do well Little Mac, but often times that's the exception, not the rule. Popular Opinion doesn't mean correct, but it means a lot more when those opinions are coming from someone who actually understands the game rather then a random person on an internet forum. Good Character is objective, you can't have a perfectly balanced game, there will be good characters, and there will be bad ones.

I'm going to be honest - I feel that the competitive scene for Melee is pretty repetitive nowadays. It seems as though every match is just "jump, laser, laser, reflect, reflect, left, right, Fire Fox, ledge grab, illusion, jump, laser, laser." Personally, I'd rather see something more unpredictable, like how most people play at home, than what is essentially the same match but with slightly different actions - and this is coming from someone who has only attended one tournament and absolutely sucks at competitive Smash.

It's fine if you don't enjoy playing as her, but as I said later in that post, that doesn't mean she's a bad character.

She's so bad at getting points in 8 player Smashes :P

1. Mii Fighters are actually good.
2. World of Light is the best Adventure Mode in the series.
3. Brawl is underrated.

(Sorry for bringing back an old topic, I just had to post this)

I feel like ever since sans people actually like mii fighters. Heck theres even instances where people are more hyped for the mii costumes than the character (*cough* *cough* byleth). Its also worth noting that mii filters are the only characters in the game with custom moves, so theyre very customizable, and you can set their movement to your liking.

I feel like ever since sans people actually like mii fighters. Heck theres even instances where people are more hyped for the mii costumes than the character (*cough* *cough* byleth). Its also worth noting that mii filters are the only characters in the game with custom moves, so theyre very customizable, and you can set their movement to your liking.
At this point I'm usually more excited for the announcement of the Mii costumes afterward than the actual fighter, sole exception being Steve.

I feel there's a statement to be made on how people value complete head replacements that essentially reduce Miis as vehicles for other characters and illustrate how much people don't care for the Mii face designs.

Simon, Richter, Wolf, and Rosalina & Luma are all bad. They move slow and their attacks suck. I hate fighting them as well.

I wish there was more customizable options for Mii Fighters.

Steve has weird mechanics.

Melee looks like it wasn't finished and has the feeling of a PS1 game. The music is pretty good though. I'm sorry to all Melee fans.

Nah, Melee was rushed and it shows at a lot of points. Mr. Game - Watch for instance.... Still plays really well overall though.

My unpopular opinion is that Mario should not become the regular target for newcomers to abuse in trailers. It's true that others got their fair share of abuse such as Luigi (Simon/Richter), Donkey Kong (King K. Rool) and Mega Man (Ridley), but Mario gets it more often than others. Mario got is pretty often that it's even joked about in Sephiroth's trailer (where the sword didn't impale Mario but merely hangs his overalls strap) Perhaps we should give other characters a "chance", so for example it would be interesting to see Peach or Isabelle get the abuse treatment, for example.

Thank you for reading.

it would be interesting to see [...] Isabelle get the abuse treatment
That would create sooooo much internet chaos. I want it.

That would create sooooo much internet chaos. I want it.
I would imagine so. That is, unless the newcomer is the DOOM guy then it stings a bit less (due to the strong fan association between Animal Crossing and DOOM).

Heck, I will even settle for Kirby to be the fall guy, which would be a breath of fresh air since Sakurai, to my knowledge, never seem to portray Kirby as anything more than heroic and no-nonsense, unlike how for example, in Kirby 64, Kirby is much more prone to accidents.

Thank you for reading.

Before they finally settle on a new fall guy, ideally, I think they should make a trailer where Mario, seeing the new silhouette, anticipates getting beaten up or hurt, but the newcomer holds his hand and hugs him.

personally i dont get why people say that mario always dies in the trailers. i mean he got abused in a total of 4 trailers in ultimate (ridley, piranha plant, Steve and sephiroth). Maybe thats more than other characters, but it kinda makes sense seeing as mario is the most recognizable smash character. I mean on the bright side, link is the one who got oofed in the pyra/mythra trailer.

personally i dont get why people say that mario always dies in the trailers. i mean he got abused in a total of 4 trailers in ultimate (ridley, piranha plant, Steve and sephiroth). Maybe thats more than other characters, but it kinda makes sense seeing as mario is the most recognizable smash character. I mean on the bright side, link is the one who got oofed in the pyra/mythra trailer.
I'm pretty that in Every smash trailer someone gets beaten up, at least for ultimate. But from all fighters, it's probably Mario that was fcked the most. And if I were to be making trailers, I'd probably also pick Mario to be butt-kicked by the new one, mostly because he's the most iconic and is the first one to think of.

I never understood the complaint that Mario, the icon of Nintendo, is the one who gets picked on. It's Nintendo's way of showcasing, welcome to Smash, especially to third parties.

Mario is iconic and popular. Mario's face is fucking everywhere. It only makes sense he's the one who gets the first blood too.

So I'm not the only one sad the anime girls didn't wreck Mario in their debut trailer?

I was starting to consider it the Smash initiation,
"if you can defeat Mr. Nintendo himself, you're in"

Back