Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
That depends on what you define as "good". Why is 1v1 matches on Battlefield and no items the only barometer of what makes a character "good", not everyone plays those matches?

Bandana Waddle Dee

YoshiFlutterJump
Awards Committee
If you couldn't tell from the post, this is from a gameplay perspective.
...Which is still subjective. People have different skills with different characters. Just because you're not good with Little Mac doesn't mean someone else can't be.

Personally? I'm good with Kirby but can't stand Sheik. Popular opinion seems to say the opposite. But popular does not mean correct. Again, "good character" is subjective.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Little Mac does suffer a lot of problems that make his match-ups in a 1-v-1 setting a little bit more difficult for him even if his skill level with his opponent is equal though.

Bandana Waddle Dee

YoshiFlutterJump
Awards Committee
Little Mac does suffer a lot of problems that make his match-ups in a 1-v-1 setting a little bit more difficult for him even if his skill level with his opponent is equal though.
I mean that is definitely true, characters can be poorly balanced. But tier isn't everything and an experienced Little Mac will always beat a noob Inkling.

PAC-MAN (Club Mix)

I'm high on crack! Wanna freebie?
...Which is still subjective. People have different skills with different characters. Just because you're not good with Little Mac doesn't mean someone else can't be.

Personally? I'm good with Kirby but can't stand Sheik. Popular opinion seems to say the opposite. But popular does not mean correct. Again, "good character" is subjective.
You quite clearly don't know what you're talking about if you believe people think Shiek is good (assuming you're talking about Ultimate). You're confusing enjoyment of a character, with how good they actually are. I enjoy playing as King K. Rool more then Peach/Daisy, but that doesn't he's a better character then them, it just means I like him more. I never said I didn't enjoy playing as Little Mac, because I do, but there the same applies there, I enjoy him more, but he's not any better of a character because of that. Sure, someone can do well Little Mac, but often times that's the exception, not the rule. Popular Opinion doesn't mean correct, but it means a lot more when those opinions are coming from someone who actually understands the game rather then a random person on an internet forum. Good Character is objective, you can't have a perfectly balanced game, there will be good characters, and there will be bad ones.

Printemps' #1 Fan

Shine Sprite
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
I'm going to be honest - I feel that the competitive scene for Melee is pretty repetitive nowadays. It seems as though every match is just "jump, laser, laser, reflect, reflect, left, right, Fire Fox, ledge grab, illusion, jump, laser, laser." Personally, I'd rather see something more unpredictable, like how most people play at home, than what is essentially the same match but with slightly different actions - and this is coming from someone who has only attended one tournament and absolutely sucks at competitive Smash.

Bandana Waddle Dee

YoshiFlutterJump
Awards Committee
You quite clearly don't know what you're talking about if you believe people think Shiek is good (assuming you're talking about Ultimate).
I don't know about Ultimate but in every other Smash since Melee Shiek seems to be a popular pick. Me, I just can't get her moveset.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
She's so bad at getting points in 8 player Smashes :P