Your headcanons

Fuck it I want Mario Party but the items are playable and the characters are items this time.

I still think the next Mario Party plot should be about characters being forced to play Mario Party like it's some deadly game show like the movie The Running man while Bowser (or somebody else) is the evil gameshow host.

Like so.
Back when I used to watch SMG4's videos, there actually was one where TOAD was the evil host. How evil? He imposed the Koopa Bank, that's how evil.

What if Peach created (and creates) Toads with a magic garden?
I've had this fantasized animated gif in my head for a couple days now, of her watering a garden and full grown Toads pop out one after the other, like happy monty moles.

Admittingly this idea of mine is inspired by Adventure Time's Princess Bubblegum, as she created her entire kingdom and candy citizens (and banana guards, that I guess she counts as candy people too?)

It also parallels the concept of Magikoopa making enemies from blocks.

Last edited:
Not my headcanon, but I found it pretty interesting, especially since it's a headcanon on one of the more niche Mario-based things to headcanon (the time mechanic of the 2D platformers). I slightly edited it for clarity though. Credit goes to some random TV-Troper (It didn't give me the name)

In games where Mario has a time limit to complete a level, it's actually the time left before Bowser (or whoever the foe is in the game) nukes/gasses the whole level. Think about this. If Bowser was smart, he'd just make a giant brick wall that is totally impassible instead of making even his own castle just barely possible to pass, right? Well, in reality, Bowser just orders his army to rough up and guard the landscape, and alert when Mario enters the level. As soon as Mario is spotted, Bowser's forces prepare a nuke or something to obliterate everything inside the level, including the mustached plumber. The time limit is how much time it takes to fully prepare and detonate this weapon. This explains the levels - every individual level is the radius of one of these weapons. It also explains the mooks and the difficulty - it slows Mario up so the weapon can do its job, and the difficulty increases as Mario proceeds because they initially underestimated him and need to try harder slowing him up as he gets better at avoiding their obstacles. It even explains the small castle at the end of every level - either a safehouse where Mario will be protected, or where he deactivates the weapon.

It's probably not true, but it's cool seeing someone make a headcanon on one of the less conventional features of gameplay that not many other headcanoners would address, and I think it's one of the more interesting headcanons I've come across.

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited:
I've thought about the time limit too, rather than nuking/gassing the courses, I see the courses as stuck on a time loop. When the time loop resets, it forces anything unnatural out. I also like to think the courses give Mario a chance to win because the source of the magic that Magikoopa's using to create the courses is some weird ancient thing that refuses to choose a side of a mortals war, and gives everyone a chance to win.

Alternative theory, instead of magic, it's a weird corporate entity (SMM) allianced with Mii's that create the courses, with a rule that either side should be able to win. That way the corporation gets funded by both sides and continues to exist as the course makers.

Last edited:
Reactions: zel
I always liked the theory, advanced in the Brawl in the Family webcomic, that the timer is an indicator of Mario's vital organs going bust. The timer is out, a fuse in his brain blows. This is also what happens when he loses to Il Piantissimo, fails to get all Purple Coins at the end of Dreadnaught Galaxy, or fails a task the ugly Orca thing asks him to do. Mario has very fragile brain fuses.

Well i guess this thread's the best place for me to say my thoughts on that as well. The first 3 Paper Mario games are canon to me. So it could also be the Toad from SPM. He became a captain in Super Mario Galaxy. My reasoning for the Superstar Saga appearance though, is since that short segment is pretty much the same basis as Captain Toad's levels and game: moving Toad around an area where he can only use stairs/ramps/etc, not jump.

The doctor counterparts have different voices from their usual counterparts.

Dr. Mario: Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64.
Dr. Luigi: Mario Kart 64 (non-Japan ones), Mario Tennis 64, Mario Golf 64
Dr. Wario: Wario from Mario Kart 64 (non Japan), Mario Tennis 64, Mario Golf 64, some of Wario World I guess
Dr. Donkey Kong: DK before Takashi Nagasko
Dr. Diddy Kong: Chris Sutherland voices (Diddy from DK64 for instance)
Dr. Bowser: Scott Burns or monster noises before that
Dr. Waluigi: Mario Tennis 64
Dr. Peach: Leslie Swan
Dr. Daisy: Jenn Taylor
Dr. Toad: Mario Kart 64 (non-Japan ones)

Paper Waluigi is Paper Marioverses Harry Potter. He lives in a cupboard under a staircase, constantly bullied by his sibling Paper Wario and their adoptive parents Paper Mouser and Paper Whomp. He's awaiting for the day of rescue out of his pitiful life, to pursue his romantic dream career as a stand up comedian. Unbeknownst to him he holds a great magic power, he was the only child to survive VoldeWart.

Reactions: zel
Mario is five Mr. Saturns' in a trenchcoat. The one at the head wears googly eyes and fake mustache.

In fact, Yoshi is also five Mr. Saturns', googly eyes, painted green, and wearing ugg boots.

Next people will tell me Mario's a communist, now I'm dying to hear that

Back