Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Shy Guys feel the most non-Mushroom Kingdom of characters.

The shooting star sucks is just has the worst drift

Yes the shooting star is the worst goddamn vehicle in the series

MKDSShootingStar.png

while everyone else has a pretty cool unlockable vehicle, like Jeeps, airplanes, cardboard (but broken) tanks, blue cars with giant wheels, monster cradles, cucumber racing cars, tractors, three-wheelers, Mario's stuck with... what even is this? It's just a star with a trail and space to drive. It looks HORRIBLE from the back too, which is most of the time you'll see this. Sure, Peach and Daisy are stuck with recolors of each other, but at least the twin Dancers look all right on their own.

It's such a shame Mario's stuck with TWO ugly vehicles too! It's not like B dasher is pretty. It looks like a goddamn cigarette with metallic tubes sticking out.

MKDSShootingStar.png

while everyone else has a pretty cool unlockable vehicle, like Jeeps, airplanes, cardboard (but broken) tanks, blue cars with giant wheels, monster cradles, cucumber racing cars, tractors, three-wheelers, Mario's stuck with... what even is this? It's just a star with a trail and space to drive. It looks HORRIBLE from the back too, which is most of the time you'll see this. Sure, Peach and Daisy are stuck with recolors of each other, but at least the twin Dancers look all right on their own.

It's such a shame Mario's stuck with TWO ugly vehicles too! It's not like B dasher is pretty. It looks like a goddamn cigarette with metallic tubes sticking out.

yeah like who even designed this vehicle, they literally took a 2d decal, put a z dimension on it, and slapped wheels on it

it's like taking a 2d image of a lightning bolt and putting wheels on it.

MKDSShootingStar.png

With that star's sharp corner pointed directly at the driver's throat, I don't want to imagine what abruptly braking into this thing looks or feels like.

Daisy is a rather annoying character.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion? Why do you think "HI I'M DAISY" got so infamous during the 2000s?

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion? Why do you think "HI I'M DAISY" got so infamous during the 2000s?

Haha fair enough.

Penguin Mario and Luigi are terrible Tonooki rip offs. Enough with animal skins Nintendo.

It is kind of interesting how Tanooki Mario and Penguin Mario are parallels though, they're both animal suit power-ups that are better versions of other power-ups also introduced in their debut game.

(This doesn't really have anything to do with unpopular opinions I just thought of that)

(Penguin Mario good btw)

But why single out Penguin Suit? They're clearly better than Frog Suits AND Mario looks so amazing as a penguin. It's like Mario is such a natural at invoking the round dorkiness of a penguin.

1600px-MKT_Penguin_Mario.jpg

Luigi too, is spectacular in a penguin suit but he's not as round like Mario, so just not as great
MKT_Artwork_PenguinLuigi.png

Also, does Toadette have a Tanooki suit? Not before the Penguin suit!
Penguin_Toadette.png

She does have a frog suit but frog suit sucks so,

But why single out Penguin Suit? They're clearly better than Frog Suits..

Because I can. :p

Actually I'm still scared by March of the Penguins and the baby Penguins huddled in the freeze together as their eyes seal and they die.

The Frog suite is superior in every way.

F3C2A0B9-C11A-447E-B9AC-EF2A81AE0FF3.jpeg

I wish we'd get a new Mario edutainment game

Ever since the crash, we don't really see dedicated edutainment releases anymore; they're usually relegated to cheap mobile apps nowadays. If a Mario edutainment title had a lot of effort put into it (such as making great sprite art specific for the game, as well as being fun, but not like you're taking a pop quiz -aka chocolate-covered broccoli), then I'd think it would be interesting.

Piranha plants lost their terror in Mario Sunshine.

The hate some people had for Bowsette was blown out of proportion.

It's literally a drawing lol

Unless it was all ironic; it's always a possibility.

Waluigi works ars a spinoff character like in the Mario Karts, Parties, and Sports games. But he doesn't have the star power to have his own games like Wario.

Last edited:
The hate some people had for Bowsette was blown out of proportion.

It's literally a drawing lol

Unless it was all ironic; it's always a possibility.

the most major problem i have with it is that it floods searching for, say, king boo, online. i want a circle ghost with a crown, not some titty anime girl dressed like king boo.

another point is: many things can be "just a drawing". many things that are also just doubtlessly horrible (worse than constant overly sexualised fanart beibg everywhere you look for mario stuff for a few months which i still found really annoying)!

King Koopa was a better name than Bowser. The later sounds like a dog name.

The audience in Thousand-Year Door would've been better if they were left to just a simple comedic framing aesthetic and not something that actually affected the gameplay. This includes leaving out times where the villain kills some of them (or at least not giving the villain a healing effect and just shows off how evil the villain is).

The camera in Sunshine is actually really good. You can control it freely with the right stick and recenter it behind you by pressing ZL (At least in the Switch version, idk what it is on GameCube). With the exception of that one Ferris Wheel level, I had no problems with it. I'd argue that the camera in 64 and Galaxy are way worse.

The Yoshies in Sunshine don't add anything to the game. Which is sad for me to say being Yoshinite.

Back