I just beat __

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Finally beat that final boss, it took me like 3 days. Yeah this is a very hard game, and the bosses are particularly brutal. But other than that, it's nearly a perfect game, levels are very well designed, you have 3 partners now (cranky kong kinda sucks to be honest), you can swim now which is cool, good ost, and it combines options from DKCR with its motion control free alternative on the 3ds, I mainly used wiimote+nunchuck, it's just such a well done sequel to DKCR, and it's on the wii u too which is my fav system and has off tv play which is cool. I also really liked how
the final world mirrors DKCR and each level in it is based on the worlds in that game (barring the secret/bonus ones and the final boss)

However I kinda wish it had 8 worlds like DKCR whereas it only has 6

Definitely worth playing if you've not already, I haven't played the switch version but I don't think it's worth the extra price that if you have a wii u

Super Mario RPG - A game that I liked even more than I did a couple years ago. It really has that final fantasy "feel" to it, and I felt that way even before playing a single mainline Final Fantasy game. It has that fast pace to it, nice music, and weird elements to it that also adds to the charm. It can be a bit confusing to platform due to the perspective. Before I thought it was just good, now I think it probably might be in my top 5 Mario RPGs.

Paper Mario N64 Master Quest Jr. - It is basically a hard mode version of Paper Mario on N64. (Jr. was a more "reasonable" hard mode, while the regular Master Quest is supposed to be super difficult). The game was a challenge, but I nearly gave up at the Huff and Puff fight considering that was arguably the hardest boss in the original game and here it was even more difficult. Your partner will get hit way more often here than in the original game. Choosing the right badges and timing the action commands to defend yourself is important. They also expanded a few new areas in this game.

I think the original game is probably up there as one of the best Mario RPGs. TTYD is probably still my favorite Mario RPG, but I admit that this one has less "intentionally annoying" parts to it.

I guess next, I'll probably replay TTYD and SPM (IDK about the later 3 PM games), and then replay the Mario & Luigi series. (Probably even Paper Jam, since I never finished that one). There's also a new romhack coming out in the future that's going to add mechanics from TTYD, so I'm excited to see how that will turn out. And there's also other games that I would like to play too.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (3DS version beaten any% for the first time)

Very good, I would say the same about it as I think I have before on this site; it's a great game and I do not regret buying this (it was only £7 anyway) even though I already had the Xbox 360 version, because whilst they have the same setting/story the levels and hub world are different and this version is very portable as its on the 3DS. Though the Xbox 360 version is still better than the 3DS version overall, due to much better graphics and controls (the X360 controller is much more comfortable to hold than the 3DS console, and the 3DS version has some awkward uses of the stylus, in fact the X360 controller is one of my favourite controllers ever), a wider variety of character selections including all the Teen Titans (albeit unlike LEGO Dimensions, they aren't based off TTG and only Robin and Cyborg really get dialogue) and Zatanna, the "Same bat time, same bat channel" (a fun and cool level imo, based on the 1960s TV series Batman starring Adam West) that doesn't seem to be on the 3DS version, and the character actions just feel more fluid and like you're more in control of your character whereas the 3DS character actions feel more limited and clunky (kinda hard to describe really). I also don't believe the 3DS has any equivalent to the DLC found in the PC and home console versions such as the Man of Steel DLC, albeit I only have the Superheroines DLC on the X360 and even then I basically only got that for Starfire and Raven (oh yeah and the rainbow DLC but that's literally two characters and neither are that great). Though the shooter levels on the 3DS are super cool, they are like Star Fox style apparently. But anyway they are both great and I recommend both.

All three games for Super Mario 3D All Stars. This has been done a long time ago, but still trying to 100% it.

This is every game I've beaten (as in reached the end):
  • Pokemon Rangers: Guardian Signs
  • Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal
  • Super Mario Bros 3
  • Super Mario Land
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • New Super Luigi U
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Metroid: Zero Mission
  • Yoshi's Wolly World

A month ago I beat Paper Mario: The Origami King. I really liked this game overall. The graphics and music were great, the overworld was a lot of fun and so was finding collectibles. There was a certain fun, joyful vibe to this game that I found in for example Kirby's Epic Yarn. However, I usually would place Mario RPGs in general in three categories, excellent and one of the best Mario games, really good but not quite excellent, and just okay but below average by Mario RPG standards, and Paper Mario: The Origami King strictly falls into the second. While the positives I mentioned make it an 8/10 game, it still has the flaws of a not great normal battle system where patterns for enemies to line up are very confusing, and still wanting to reuse older Mario species instead of coming up with any new ones (a flaw Sticker Star started).

I just beat the Sonic.exe mod for Friday Night Funkin'. Pretty good mod! Main story mode is hard. Definitely harder maps that can give you some trouble, especially since Triple Trouble's map is a bit hard to read with the arrows being spaced out the way they are. As of posting this, I've beaten everything but the Sanic.exe map. I can't really tell you which map was my favorite, honestly, all of them were really fun!

Yesterday I completed my second pacifist playthrough in Undertale. Unlike the first playthrough, however, I did check out the extra contents that became available after beating Asriel.

Mario 64 DS 100%

Rhythm Heaven Megamix! (main story)
Tis been a good dance with many fun faces, 2 false endings, and I finally made it to the true ending and returned Tibby safely home.

angry birds epic
i first palyed it in december 25th and finally got all five of the eggs wow that final battle was tough
unknown.png
unknown.png

i think most of my playtime ended up being just grinding for the final battle LMAO but i didnt mind too much bc the grinding was fun actually
ive already sung my praises on the game its super fun and i love it so much its my favortie angry birds game by far
however it does get kind of annoying in the later levels (before chronicle cave which i also just ulnocked) with how... overpowered these guys became. i had to grind. SO much
anyway i am relieved to finalyl be able to hear the map music again without king pig crying every 5 seconds

EDIT: I ALSO FORGOR TO MENTION i also beat spore origins right before angry birds epic Spore origins is decently fun

Last edited:
The snow ogre in Mario Tennis Aces Adventure Mode!

Lucien! Wario and Waluigi in Mario Tennis Aces!

I BEAT MARIO TENNIS ACES!!! it was hard, but I did it!!! (I felt bad for Waluigi though. I really do love him)

L.A. Noire

An Amazing game that captures '40s Los Angeles so beautifully, with every single case being so interesting to solve, and some of the best acting in a video game. Though I feel that the ending was kinda weak.

Paper Mario TTYD - Replayed once again, might still be my favorite of the Paper Mario games along with Paper Mario 64. I also used a code that disabled most of the stage hazards and fog, which improved the experience. And a code that increased the HP and Defense of enemies and bosses by 1, but it didn't really make the game hard, just a bit longer. (Except the final boss, which for some reason the code caused certain parts to have high health, so I had to turn off the HP increase).

Super Mario 3D Land - Finally got around to playing this. I played Super Mario 3D World already, so I knew what to expect going into this game. I liked it.

Luigi's Mansion (GC) - Replaying after a long time. Short game, but really fun. This time I played the Hidden Mansion and it was a decent challenge.

Spyro 3 (PS1) - First time playing this, this is probably my favorite of the Spyro trilogy. Loved skateboarding and the usual flying levels.

Super Paper Mario - Replayed again, the first half of this game is generally fine, but the second half I'm not really a fan of. (Chapter 6 and 7 especially, but Chapter 8 was decent though). I also used a code that lets you stay in 3D without taking damage, which actually improves the experience a bit.

Next up, I plan to play some GC/PS1&2 classics and Sticker Star.

I replayed Half-Life 1 recently. As a kid I remember hating it, because I thought it had confusing level design. But after playing it all these years later, I realized that I actually just sucked ass lol. I guess I was used to games that held your hand throughout the entire experience, and since Half-Life doesn't do that, I found it super confusing unless I was using a guide. But now I actually really appreciate it being hands-off. Makes it way more replayable.

20220212193548_1.jpg

Forza Horizon 4: Lego Speed Champions, I've cleared the brick challenge board, everything is done in that expansion pack so I guess now is a good time to start talking about how I overall feel with the game, as I played for 70+ hours, but I'm far from truly "beating" the game as it's a big game and the Lego Speed Champions is only a small part of it.

Man I love the driving in this game. Probably one of the most satisfying experiences. There's a huge roster of playable cars, from the exotic supercars to the weird cult cars and trucks, and all of them are tunable and upgradable, so if you feel like your car is too slow, you can upgrade it to be like, super fast, depending on what it is. Tuning can get very complicated as it has its own dedicated sub-menu and I don't have quite the grasp on it yet, so I typically just play with stock tunes, auto-upgrades from the garage, or tunes I've downloaded from other people, that's enough to get me where I need to be in the game. How do I explain driving? Well it's very realistic, not as realistic as Forza Motorsport, but more realistic than, say, Burnout Paradise. You're strongly encouraged to go with a balanced build because every stat matters in the game. Yes, you actually need to pay attention to acceleration and handling when racing, because you'll go fast, it takes quite a bit to fully reach top speed, and you're come across plenty of 90 degree turns and turns you can't exactly clear...and yes you need to let go of the gas pedal and brake or otherwise you'll fly offtrack and into trees and shit. There's a lot of impact going off-road and it can really mess you up depending on the car you use. Offroad vehicles such as those used for dirt and cross country races resist offroad features a lot more and keep in control, making them ideal for such scenarios. Your cars are additionally separated by class, meaning if you use a slow truck, you'll compete with other slow trucks while if you use the fastest hypercar available, you'll also be pit against other hypercars.

The open world structure is fairly standard. You drive from point a to point b, and you partake in multiple challenges throughout the vast open world, such as dirt racing, street racing, cross country, and drag strips. There are also mini events such as danger signs, speed traps, speed zones, drift zones, and trailblazers. One gripe I have with trailblazers is if you fail to complete the objective, you have to restart from the beginning gate, which can take you at least a minute to get back to, so yeah, large waste of time and can be inconvenient to get back to. There are bonus boards and barn finds to scour the map for and break. No, Microsoft, I am not paying 3 dollars for the ability to reveal all secret boards, barns, and beauty spots in the game, especially not when there are free online maps that tell you where these things are anyway.

Customization is amazing for your car, you get a huge amount of customization right off the gate the moment you obtain any vehicle (paint jobs and vinyl decoration is especially robust), but your driver has barebones physical customization (you choose from very few presets with no way to change their facial appearance and whatnot) so you don't care what they look like nor how they dress, especially since you barely see them out of the car anyway, and they're barely visible in the car. Really, driver customization such as useless clothes (of course comes in hats, shirts, pants, gloves, shoes, and other useless accessories) and emotes are there only to pad out wheelspins, which are otherwise a valuable source of income and hosts some exclusive cars, and due to its slot machine-like nature, I'm never a big fan of them.

Difficulty is extremely customizable, and it's more than just adjusting CPU difficulty. You can opt to turn various assists on or off, such as rewind, braking assists, steering assists, and road markers that let you know when to slow down and speed up. Increasing the difficulty increases payout but you don't need to race against harder CPUs to get a decent payout. It's fairly easy for the most part but some parts can get difficult, such as three-starring the little objectives as well as racing on higher than Pro difficulty and winning first in some events.

The game comes with good music but I really find myself listening to only Horizon Block Party (the R&B and rap station) and Horizon Timeless (the classical music station) for the most part as I find the other radio stations to house...pretty forgettable music? Trust me, I gave them a chance but I cannot remember how anything in Horizon Pulse goes or Hospital. And you will find music repeating very quickly but I don't mind, the music is varied enough where I don't get tired of it.

The online experience is pointless and I refuse to touch anything PvP related in this game so I won't be talking about, say, Adventures or Elimination or whatever. I strongly just prefer playing this game offline and not playing with other people. Requiring a Microsoft account to play the game is also pretty shit. But hey, every mission in the game DOES have a co-op option available and that's a great thing. A shame I never played co-op but I want to play this with my sister at some point and do some co-op races together and we both explore the world. I can even help her with the LEGO missions.

Also, fuck trees they can all die off the face of this planet and I'll be happy.

Anyhow great racing game, I'll be happy to play Forza Horizon 5 in the future.

Just beat Pokémon Legends Arceus, really enjoyed myself. It's far from perfect, but it does so many things right that I still love it. I heard some people say the final boss was super easy, but maybe I'm just bad or something because I thought it was pretty tricky. Not the hardest boss in the game but still challenging enough. The story was kinda okay, I liked a lot of elements but most of the time I just wanted to get back into the game. Exploring was really fun, but I wish there was more to find. I was really hoping I could uncover a cave that was a whole dungeon (Like in the mainline games), but that never really happened. I really liked hiding in tall grass and being stealthy to catch wild Pokémon, was much more engaging than just running in tall grass and waiting for random encounters.

In normal Pokémon games I usually just catch the Pokémon I want to use for my team and nothing else, but since filling out your Pokédex is tied to your progression, I caught pretty much everything I could find. It made me really excited to see certain Pokémon out in the wild. I never thought I would be so happy to see a Bronzor or Ponyta lol. I also LOVED the seamless transitions into battle, as well as the ability to move around in fights. Really hope they become staple features.

I do have a lot of complaints though. Most of them are little things, but it's a lot of little things. Why do I have to return to Jubilife Village whenever I want to go to another area? It gets really annoying after a while. Why the heck is there no minimap? Sun and Moon had a map on the bottom screen you could refer to at any time, so why doesn't this game have one? Also, climbing is really tedious. I get that they wanted Sneasler to be useful, but sometimes you literally cannot walk up a small hill without slowly crouching. The animations for the humans look bad. Every character has this turning animation that looks robotic and unfinished. And I think at this point we should really get some sort of voice acting in these games. Not every line has to be voiced, but some of the important moments at least.

And then there's the graphics. Obviously graphics aren't everything, and it doesn't ruin the game or anything. But they are important to some extent, at least. Because I really don't like how this game looks a lot of the time. During select moments it looks pretty good, but it's very rough around the edges.

Anyways, I really hope they do some DLC for this game. I'm fine waiting a few years for a new Legends game, but some DLC with a couple new areas would be nice.

I recently collected 999 Moons in Super Mario Odyssey. It was somewhat tedious, and some moons were very challenging, but it was satisfying to finally collect all the moons. I'm currently trying to get 50 stars in Luigi's Balloon World, right now I have 46.

I just finished Pokémon Y for the first time and honestly my opinion of this game has changed. When I played it as a kid I found it so easy that I never bothered finishing it. But last week I decided to give the game another shot and I ended up really enjoying it. Turning off the experience share really does make the game a lot harder. Honestly I'm thinking of buying Pokémon X so I can play through the game again with a different team.

Back