I just beat __

Sonic and the secrect rings (i finnally beat that motherfucker)

Just finished Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and its remake by doing both at the same time and recording the story. It was a bit hard, but it took the following in-game times: GBA is 55:53 and 3DS is 83:55. Keep in mind the added time was due to story writing as well.

donkey kong country 3, same save states as the previous two. the final boss and the level before that were actually pretty great so im not mad anymore!
overall good game i enjoy! even though a lot of the later levels still stink and dkc2 did a fair bit of things better. i did get a lot of appreciation for kiddy and also this game is just pretty n i really like the map exploration!
ill start going throgh krematoa now

I beat The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch version). Overall it was really fun, I'd probably call it my second favorite out of the four Zelda games I've beaten behind Ocarina of Time 3D and it has a good overworld and fun dungeons. I'd still put it ahead of A Link Between Worlds and Majora's Mask 3D for A Link Between Worlds having a bit of a weak story and MM3D sometimes having flaws N64 Majora's Mask didn't have like Zora Link

Last edited:
super mario 64 on 3das. at times its nice! but at other times its painfully clunky!
i ended with 79 stars. heres the stats at the time of beating the game which generally should be a pretty good represnetation of how much i enjoyed each course enough to bother with it
2021010919574100_c.jpg

yeah ignore the fact that this is mario c. i accidentally started my save file there so i had to live with it
excited to move onto sunshine tomorrow!

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

Just beat case 5 (though case 4 and 5 are really the same case, just split up due to plot reasons). Fantastic game, my third favorite game in the series.

Definitely going to buy the dlc eventually.

Jurassic Park III: Dino Defender

Well this is frankly amazing, I've finally beaten one of the very first video games I ever played. I used to play this one as a five or so year old before I moved onto Age of Empires 2 and then I received by DS and Wii and almost never came back to it since. I distinctly remember returning to it once when I was 10 or so because one of my friends wanted to play it, but the furthest I'd ever gotten was halfway through the pterodactyl level, you know the part where the two babies chase you and you have to watch out for the, you know, giant T-Rex. Anyway so today I thought I'd give myself a nostalgia blast because it was between this and continuing my Partners in Time playthrough and I said eh why not. My current PC doesn't have a disk reader so I had to get out my old slow PC but I eventually managed to get the game running. It glitched out when I tried to load save files so I realised I'd have to beat the whole thing in one sitting. And I did it, in about 3 hours. I have to say I wasn't planning on winning but I am so glad I did as it's very wholesome to beat one of my favourite classics from when I was really young. I did have to look up the solutions for a couple of parts but most of it I did on my own.

Do I recommend it? Not particularly. I'd say it's not an outright bad game, but the graphics are kinda mediocre, the music is just ok, the controls are pretty, for a lack of better word, stiff, and I think that especially towards the end of the game, it pretty much becomes a case of working out the exact sequence of actions that won't get you eaten. As you can tell by the fact I beat it in 3 hours despite working out most of it on my own and not having played the second half ever and not having played the first half in 7 years, it's a pretty short game, and afaik there's no postgame or extra content, I am pretty sure I missed a couple of bonus areas but that's it really. So yeah, it's a fine game but it's not a great game, and nostalgia by far the biggest thing holding it up for me. I don't see myself returning to this game anytime soon as I've given myself the nostalgia wave I wanted and I've beaten the game.

Verdict: 7/10 personally, 5.5/10 nonpersonally.

Paper Mario: The Origami King

BOI this sure was a ride! I wish I could've beat it earlier, but I had work.

After hearing what everyone said about this game, I didn't know what to expect, since some people said this game sucks, and others really liked it. The hardest part wasn't anything in the game, it was all the spoiler garbage I had to go through (prosafia must be swimming in a pool of people who got spoiled's tears). So I am being a good boy and putting actual spoilers in spoiler tags.

Anyway, on to the actual game:

I got the game at a time where i had nothing to play. I beat most games i had, I got kinda bored of smash bros, and didn't feel like rellaying games. I wanted something fresh, and origami king delivered. I liked every paper mario game I played, those being the first one, ttyd and super, so this was my first modern paper mario, and I honestly no longer wanna try sticker star or color splash because I know I won't enjoy them as much. In my opinion, this is the best paper mario game.

i guess I should go into more detail........this is by far the prettiest looking paper mario game, they somehow made it look better than color splash. The battle system was cool. Its not my favorite battle system in the franchise, but I like it. The bosses were definitely more fun than normal enemies tho. I even had fun with the vellumentals. The writing is pure gold, obviously, and the music slaps harder than my brother. This is a game I definitely recommend, or even if you dont like modern paper mario, at least give this game a go.

Ok now im getting into spoiler stuff, so dont click on this unless you beat the game.

this is probably the first time I even shed a tear while playing a video game. I never thought just one bobomb explosion would make me so sad, but here we are. I genuinely cried a bit during that scene, and im not the kinda guy who cries a lot because of media. Oliviassacrifice at the end also hit me, but its not as close as Bobby (in all honesty i found ollys death to be sadder than olivias, I dunno why tho, I really liked olivia). I think part of the reason why bobbys death was so hard to watch was because EVEN MARIO, who usually doesn't react to sad moments, reacted like me. Apparently you can get a 102% ending if you dont get a single game over, but fuck it i died a fair amount of times during my playthrough im not gonna do another one just for something I can watch on youtube. I will be trying to just 100% the game tho, already started working on it.

I think i need to address the final boss tho. Holy Shit. This is way more epic than it should be. I especially loved how you had to dodge giant ollys attacks and destroy him with hammer olivia. The beeg bowser part was also cool, like, the whole fight was just amazing. Even outside he final boss, there were some cool moments, like everything in hotfoot crater, the green streamer climax, the blue streamer climax, and even the beginning of the game. I feel like this is a game I'llr remember for years to come, maybe in 10 years itll make me feel nostalgic, heck this game already makes me feel some kinda nostalgia, like, I remember someone randomly sending me the trailer on discord in May, and me being hyped. It feels kinda surreal that the journey is over. No more hiding from spoilers, no more wishing I had this game. I knew this day would come, but I wasn't prepared for it.

Welp, I'm gonna go 100% the game now, but I should already star deciding what I should get next, probably fighters pass 2 in smash.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

This took too long cause I had a few month break in the middle but hoo boy it was a good one. I liked it because of the story and characters and funny bits most of all and the gameplay was decent although personally I found it a little hard (especially the final boss) and I also would've enjoyed today significantly more had I not been spoiled that

There are two Shroob Princesses and the elder one, the one you're not supposed to know about until the end of the game but I knew about before the game had even begun, had been trapped by Princess Peach in the past whom was then captured by the Younger Princess Shroob. I didn't know Elder Princess Shroob was trapped in the Cobalt Star and I also didn't know she had been tricking you into assembling it so that she could be freed. But I knew that after you beat Younger Princess Shroob her older sister would be freed and you'd have a two part final boss fight which was as I'd heard from online a very tough challenge. I also knew about Shrowser but he doesn't really add anything to the plot.

My issues with the gameplay of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga persist into this game albeit I find that they are significantly ameliorated from Superstar Saga which before this was the one that I'd played through most recently. What I'm talking about would be the thing about how it's nearly impossible to guard against attacks you've never seen before and how a single slip up can be really bad and you have to dodge a lot of stuff that's often really hard to work out how to dodge. And your turns don't have too much strategy it's mainly just heal if low else attack with bros items (they're not too hard to get in large supply). I very much avoided what happened with Superstar Saga, where I found the whole lategame nearly impossible due to being underleveled, so in this game I pretty much fought everything I saw. Even then the final few bosses were really challenging. But I do feel that the attack timing and all is a lot better than it was in Superstar Saga where I often found it a bit clunky. It's disappointing not to see this game utilise the DS's abilities beyond the dual-screen-ness (namely the touch screen and the microphone) very much, unlike it's successor, Bowser's Inside Story, which utilised them very well though I suppose that's sort of why it's available on the Wii U (which I played this game on.) I also feel the Bros. Item system is cool and a refreshing change from both Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story. I think the story is a good one and I'd say it's about on par with Bowser's Inside Story. The graphics are very similar to Bowser's Inside Story, but the music falls short compared to both Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story in my opinion, especially the latter. Overall I personally and nonpersonally think it's a very good game. Scores as follows:

PersonalNonpersonal
Story/characters87
Gameplay/combat/level design67
Presentation/graphics/music76
Overall8.58

Up next for me in terms of which Mario RPG I'm next to try, is either Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, or Paper Mario: Colour Splash. I'm leaning towards the former.

Last edited:
donkey kong country 3 is now 103%
update! just did it!!!
2021021722184100_c.jpg

so add that one to the list
so basically. after all this i can confidently say: god i love this game
knautilus sucked, trying to get the one minigame in swoopy salvo sucked, but rocket rush slapped and i enjoyed the all dk coin reward and getting all the remaining, like, three banana birds! overall i think at this point i may like this game about as much as dkc2 (which yknow i really really really like)
so anyway i did this all today because: tomorrow im getting tropical freeze on my birthday!!! finally!!! it felt very fitting to 103% this one before then

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

I was going to make a YouTube video discussing this, but it wasn't going very well (editing being glitchy and i lost the visual element of my video), so I'll just say my thoughts here

Basically, having beaten the game my final opinion is that i moderately to slightly enjoy it, mainly because of the story and characters but i found the gameplay bad (the overworld gameplay just is too simplistic without partners or babies or bowser or paper transformations it's just running and jumping and talking to NPCs, the battle system is quite awkward as its often very hard to tell when you're timing things optimally, the enemy attacks have annoyingly long animations and i disapprove of having so many that are unavoidable, i found that it wasn't very strategic either just use Pick Me Ups whenever needed and use Mario and Bowser to attack whilst having Peach to heal as frequently as possible, genernally i thought the game was a bit too hard), the graphics were ugly and the music was fine.

So i liked it, but it really is only the story and characters that are holding it up for me so if you're not one of those people i don't recommend this game, maybe unless you really want the experience of trying the first Mario RPG.

donkey kong country tropical freeze!!!
2021022420201100_c.jpg
i didnt buy anything from funky (well besides a dixie barrel early on but i didnt even use it) or use funky mode so there is that. ive also so far succeeded in getting every kong letter in every level i have unlocked (that.. has kong letters anyway)
really fun game! dixie is in it! sure i miss some things from the snes trilogy (cooler bonus rooms, bigger animal buddy focus, tagteam/team up mechanics, dkc3 map in general) but actually playing the game i didnt actually mind it that much? gonna note here the level gimmicks are generally really fun

regarding bonus rooms it turns out theyre actually pretty fun! theyre actually more like the collect the stars ones but with bananas instead of stars so you also get lives alongside the puzzle piece and such i actually like it! still miss the variety though and also this bonus room in particular STINKS
BonusRoom8.jpg

throughout the entire game (though i havent beat any of the temple levels or every secret level in the 5th and 6th world yet) ive only found one level that i didnt like and that was panicky paddles (really not helped by the fact that i had to replay THIS level for another secret level FRICK you panicky paddles). the rest was really solid|! even the minecarts and rocket barrel levels were more fun than i expected. one of those, twilight terror, is even one of my favorites though its mostly because of stickerbrush symphony

speaking of which im really lovin all those dkc2 references i love dkc2 thakn you for stickerbrush symphony thank you !! a note about the stickerbrush symphony remix or wahtever in twilight terror is that i like how its slightly more fast paced! the music generally is really good! i cant particularly shoutout any level that doesnt have a remix bc im not familiar with the soundtrack yet but im likely to find at least a few tracks to latch onto later. just like i did with the other dkcs

another note is that the partner kong mechanics are also pretty fun though by that i mean mostly dixie and cranky. dixie has the cool hairlycopter (whoops.. rayman reference) and the speed boost underwater is fun while crankys cane bounce is just really fun and i like how he can destroy spikey enemies underwater. wait hes kinda like rattly with the cane bounce isnt he...

however. i didnt particularly like any of the bosses! the final boss was just mostly tedious with.. honestly very forgettable rock music (and rock tracks in the general mario series have a good chance to be one of my favorite tracks from the game, see: bowser battle 1 and honeylune ridge caves in odyssey) and me beating him was honestly totally unexpected tbh. on the take i beat him it didnt feel like "oh oh This Is The One" no i just thought "oh wait. thats the final hit ." like a second before landing on him for the final time. anyway this took me around 50 minutes, it was less than i expected and also i think it was shorter than how long the dkc3 boss took me?
but i liked the ending custcene! it was cute
ok so now that ive beat the game. next up is getting every kong letter and beating the tough hard levels so i can just get hard mode for dixie and chip away at it slowly... from what ive been told it seems like even getting hard mode will take a while so. ough

Ok So Basically: monky game highly enjoyable

SMB: The Lost Levels (Super Mario All-Stars revision)

I did cheat a bit with the save states and rewind feature that the SNES - Nintendo Switch Online service had though.

i beat mario sunshine after starting it in ... late january
so basically. sunshine is a big mess but its at least an extremely memorable mess with a few really good points. a lot of it is extremely frustrating and unfun (the goopy inferno, the secret of the dirty lake, red coins on the water, and im sure theres more stinky required shines i couldnt note) but i genuinely really frickin adore the world and the dialogue. i think theyre the strong points for sure! overall id say i have a bit of a love/hate relationship with sunshine
still... i still like it better than 64. i dont even know why! which one of the two is objectively better? i dont know!!! but at least 64 doesnt force you to slog through some of its stinkier objectives while in sunshine you Will suffer. but at least sunshine has the dialogue
i know ill be using at least some of these when i can
"This is hardly my idea of a relaxing vacation, Mario."
"People who jump in this river go PLOOSH! And sometimes PLISH!"
"Something's wrong... My women's intuition must be warning me..."
"I can't believe anyone out there does bad things for no reason."
"I hope my pants survived the ordeal intact..."
"Hey...do you have a twin or something?" (referring to shadow mario)
"Hey, Mom! Is the coral reef having a festival?" (its the red coin mission in gelato beach i just thought it was really really cute)
"Excuse me, but I can't see the sunset with your head in the way."
"So, tell me... Is my room just a shortcut now, or what?!"
"Awww, linguini! What did I do now?"
"Is it normal for girls to suddenly run for the ocean? Ohhhh..."
"I've had it with this hotel."
"I'm waiting to witness the exact moment that fruit grows."
"You'd better be careful when speaking to powerful Piantas."
"What in the world's happening? I think I may just start crying." (this one is a mood and a half)
"I guess I just don't understand city life... Am I supposed to be soaking wet?"
anyway i am excited to start galaxy soon

edit: also i beat the whole game while having to deal with drift that just kept getting increasingly worse. i think thats a flex

Last edited:
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Well, I did it, I started this playthrough in summer of last year, and I only bothered to continue it as of lately. So what do I think?

Is it good? Yes, I liked it. It's pretty fun.

Is it as good as Superstar Saga? Not even close.

Now this game definitely feels more let's say, polished than superstar saga. It definitely looks better and the babies add a lot of spice to the gameplay. This game definitely fixed one of Duperstar Saga's issues, that being that the game is too easy. Partners in Time is no joke, I actually had a hard time with a lot of fights, even though I wasn't underleveled or anything.

With that being said, this game has issues, and they bring down this game significantly:

For one, bros moves are much less fun to use in this game. Maybe it's just my opinion though. But addionally a lot of overworld stuff can be really tedious. Like, to dig up beans in this game, you have to yeet baby mario and baby luigi, and THEN use the overworld abilities. Also why don't mario and luigi have hammers in this game? It just feels so weird and I was expecting them to eventually get some. Finally, I slightly touched upon the games difficulty, but damn, this game can be really unforgiving at times. I personally had a harder time with elder princess shroob than with cackletta's soul. Sometimes it makes the game more fun, other times it makes me suffer.

But yea despite these flaws, this is still a decent game, and im currently trying to run bowsers inside story on an emulator, which is pretty hard, so wish me luck.

Overall, 7/10, would play again if I feel like marathoning through the mario & luigi games

I BEAT DREAMY BOWSER!!! (Mario & Luigi Dream Team)
It took me 6 tries, but OH MY GOD, get this,
the 6th try? I KO'd him before he even got a single attack in.

super mario galaxy. took considerably less time than sunshine. overall its def the best of the three games in 3das! i enjoyed my time a lot with it! the music is incredible, theres fun gameplay and level gimmicks! i even liked some of the motion stuff. probably because im playing on handheld and i get to use the touchscreen. whoops
however its still not exempt from having some stinky stars. i just ranted earlier about snow cap galaxy and the dreadnought galaxy mission where you gotta blow up trash with tas level timing and precision, and im sure theres more. because of that im not sure if ill actually ever end up going for 120 stars. id like to but im not sure im ready to deal with some of this. or, like, doing it all over again with luigi
i also have absolutely no clue what happened in the ending. ive heard of it plenty before and it still mostly confused me LMAO but hey there was a butterfly and its also kinda funny bowser jr and dino piranha are just hanging out at peachs castle at the ending
2021032021161100_c.jpg
butter fly

I cleared all the modes in Mario Party Island Tour,
Bowser was easy, the only difficult boss fight was King Bob-omb.
Bowser had some confusing dialogue after beating him, claiming it wasn't his final form, however after reading the wiki, he seems to have been bluffing, there's no secret minigame.
anyway, tomorrow I start Yoshi's New Island!

I beat the final boss in Super Mario Galaxy. Now I have 105 Power Stars, and I'm aiming for 100%. Once that's done, the only game from 3D All-Stars that I need to 100% is Sunshine, and from the horror stories I've heard about that game, I'm nervous to attempt that.

I defeated the champion last night in Pokémon Sword. This game has really helped with my mood as of late. I love having a fictional universe to dive in to.

mario + rabbids kingdom battle. i have defeated the evil ribbon for the second time, whose name is also false advertising because MEGABUG ISNT EVEN A BUG
Yeah so that was my second playthrough! i started it on june 10th so it took 12 days, idk about as much as my first playthrough did. i intend to 100% it again as well, and also mostly (i am NOT doing two challenges) 100% dk dlc again as well. but thatll come later !
my second playthrough has been really interesting because of how much it differed from my first, with more knowledge of the game

one thing that didnt change is the fact that rabbid peach still stayed in every single one in my battles lmao but this time the third slot did differ... in my first playthrough, i actually used luigi a lot, and peach too? i think i used yoshi? this playthrough, however, i mostly just kinda... stuck to rabbid mario because hes too good and too fun and i also like he ! i used rabbid luigi occacionally but by late game i stopped because he didnt have any new weapons with vamp >:{ its ok i should be able to use him in the postgame again
i kinda.. mostly just used one half of the roster. ive used luigi a few times for reach area objectives and thats about it, i used peach exactly one time outside of icicle golem, and havent used the yoshis Once... thats just outside of the postgame though

its also been interetsing seeing what stuff gave me a ton of trouble last time that i got through with relative ease this time... like the marathon right before the final boss (where was atcully the only time i got a fair rating on a battle LMAO) went fairly easy actually, and some other stuff i was kinda dreading went really well. i cant recall other exampls atm but it did happen a number of times

it has also! been really interesting rediscovering things again (that you cant really see in the postgame), whether its thing i forgot about entirely, or things i forgot littler details about. the cutscenes are a lot of fun i love rabbid peach (if you couldnt tell from my current pfp...) and her expressions
doing the puzzles and blue coin rooms and chapters and finding secrets again has been pretty enjoyable and interesting too!

yeah cool game. i think the fact that sparks of hope got announced within a few days of me starting this playthrough was funny and i also cant wait for sparks of hope so bad

Back