The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

Welcome back, Pito! Hope you had a wonderful vacation!

Well, I'm back from my vacation.

hey folks, with awards and killing game finally beginning to wind down a bit, i've decided that it's time for me to start thinking about going into my annual state of hibernation. as always is the case for me, i seem to have trouble balancing my irl responsibilities and my time spent online, and while stuff like KG and Awards have been amazing, it's also inadventantly led me to become a bit muddled in terms of my irl schedule (although the other contributing factor is the complete mess that has been covid-19) so i need to take some time away from the boards and internetland in general so i can get all my affairs in order, reprioritise everything and, honestly, just have a bit of a rest. in past years, i probably would have just slinked back into the shadows without a word to anyone, but i feel like ive reconnected myself much more thoroughly this year than i have in the past, so i want to let you all know whats up so nobody gets worried about me or anything

i'll still be checking in now and again while we wait for AKG4 to officially conclude, and for all the post-game stuff that entails as well, but otherwise i'm hoping to reduce my time spent around here for a while. as part of this, i'll be doing a general purge of discord servers, particularly the ones i have that i look at but dont really interact with, although i'll probably give that a few days while i wait to figure that out fully, so i should still be able to be reached there for at least a bit longer. i'm not sure how long this particular season of being away will last, but knowing me, i'll be back sooner rather than later. ive had a blast reintegrating myself into the community this year, so i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the good times we've had, and i'll likely see you all soon(ish), once im sleeping at normal hours again. stay safe and stay cool peeps

a few weeks later, and things have calmed down irl and i feel ive had enough time to rest and decompress after a busy awards season, so i'll tentatively say that i'm back again (as much as im ever active on the forums outside kg, anyway), sooner rather than later, as expected
(i've been on discord again the past few days anyway so i figured i might as well make my return official lol)

Guess what: I'm going on another break. I have been lurking here more than posting, but it's gonna be for a good 5 days before I'm online a lot again. (BTW: The inactivity starts tomorrow)

It feels GREAT to be back. Yep, I'm back home with my laptop.

So...I've been considering this for a while, probably about two months, but I never could bring myself to do it. Now I'm doing it, full disclosure.

I'm leaving the boards. I don't know for how long, but it'll probably be a pretty long time. When I first joined, I was overjoyed to finally be able to have people to discuss my Mario nerdiness with. It's been a good three years since then. But as time went on I've felt increasingly alienated from y'all and lost a lot of motivation to keep posting. I don't hold anything against y'all--it's just that I don't feel like one of you, and I've increasingly felt that there's just no real place for me here. Not to mention school's been busier than ever this year, and I really need to cut stuff out and redirect my focus towards that. I've also realized that I have people in my own life that I need to spend more time with as opposed to...people I've never really met on an online Mario forum.

So...consider this goodbye. I don't know what the future might hold, but there are simply more important things to me right now than continuing to stick around here. I figured I might as well drop this post before logging out so y'all would at least know what's up. So...here you go.

Take care, YFJ. Please be careful about what you find on the Internet, I'm worried for you.

I'm not sure what I can say here other than I know exactly what is alienating you from the rest of the community and why you're desiring to leave it.

All I can say is that, you're still young, naive, and easily impressionable, and I'm going to guess that a lot of your beliefs are uninformed and you don't exactly understand why we strongly feel this way towards the things you support. There's still time and places to change it around for the better, and it would be a shame to see you continue along that path.

I am back, but it is on and off. I have a very busy life and it is hard to keep up. So I'll be gone for a week or two before resuming activity. I hope that I'll return to my previous activity when I am less busy.

Hey, everybody. I'm going to take a break from now until my 1st anniversary. @Magolor04726, this means you're going to have to put my plot arc on hold. I'm going to log off now, see you all in 2021!
Bye,
ol' friend.
I hope everything goes well
and I can't wait to see you again

nah, it was the car wash rp, not yours.

Back