Does Rosalina get too much love?

Mags

Me and my pencil
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
(It should go without saying that you should respect others' opinions here.)

Rosalina. She blasted onto the scene in 2007 as a very major character in Super Mario Galaxy and since then has been in a total of... two other main line games in person, once as a random appearance as a callback to her first appearance, and the other as unlockable post-game content. She's appeared in plenty of spin-offs like Party, Kart, sports games, and even a half-cameo thing as Rabbid Rosalina (I'm legitimately unsure how to gauge that one. Third party? Full appearance? Reference?). She even landed a spot in Super Smash Bros. as a Fighter. But with Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope releasing in October, Rabbid Rosalina made me wonder what many have asked: Is all this attention really that necessary?

Myself, I think I enjoy her appearances because Galaxy holds a special place in my heart as my first REAL-up-to-date video game (at the time) but I think she could certainly use more appearances in main lines games to keep from being a modern Daisy.

I felt that Rosalina has the benefit of being Koizumi's creation, who seemingly loves her, so I won't be surprised if he's had a hand in putting her in a few Super Mario games beyond the two Galaxy games. I think it helped that developers saw potential in her recurring status, which would be why she was designed to be bigger to differentiate her from Peach. Daisy and Waluigi never have a prominent developer behind them to encourage their prominence, despite continually appearing even among the wider Mario group shots (Wario, on the other hand, did have at least a prominent developer, which is why he's got two series of games despite being on the same level as both Daisy/Waluigi in the Super Mario series).

But I do agree that her prominence was very surprising: back in 2013 and 2014, Rosalina was front and centre among the standard Mario characters in a triple whammy of Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and finally Super Smash Bros. 4. Personally I kind of felt that it is a bit too much to put her in a lot of regular appearances.

Thank you for reading.

Rosalina has gotten some love, but not always for the right reasons. For a more recent example, Mario Strikers: Battle League has been treating her like some sort of sassy *****, which really derails what her personality is supposed to be like.

Rosalina has gotten some love, but not always for the right reasons. For a more recent example, Mario Strikers: Battle League has been treating her like some sort of sassy *****, which really derails what her personality is supposed to be like.

She's playing sports, let the woman have her fun, yeesh.

I'll never understand this, nobody blinks an eye when the main villain of the franchise is being friendly ish for sports games but the moment Rosalina does something remotely different it's like some kind of major issue.

Rosalina does not act like a sassy whatever. She acts like herself, from how she flies through goal animation gracefully or shows only subtle disappointment, very little expression except body language, and simply goes away when her team loses a point. Some of you really look way too deep into how you think Rosalina ought to act. You're not the only one who thinks this btw.

rosalina fans when she does not stay self-isolated on her spaceship till the end of time /j /lh

but to answer the thread's question i dont think nintendo has made her overstay her welcome, i enjoy her more than daisy and such, its moreso the overflow of thirsty men who treat her like a waifu that makes her very oversaturated feeling imo

rosalina can keep doing what she been doing let the space queen enjoy her newfound friends

No, she's a great character with a good backstory and caring, motherly, and intelligent personality. She also has lots of fans and isn't as annoying as Daisy, due to her calmer tone of voice. She just doesn't need people like Nathanial Bandy turning her into a sex object and calling her a waifu. He already does that with Waluigi and Pink Gold Peach (even dedicating an entire Triggered video to her), and Rosalina doesn't deserve this treatment because Mario characters in general shouldn't be treated this way. Many female characters, including Zero Suit Samus, Lara Croft, Tawna, the Nitro Squad (Ami, Megumi, Liz, and Isabella), Krystal, Pyra, Mythra, Camilla, Gardevoir, Rouge, etc. are turned into sex objects by several fans alike because they all either have their breasts be very prominent, or have lots of fan art were they wear revealing clothes and pose in flirtatious or promiscuous ways.

In my opinion, Rosalina isn't getting too much love, she just needs more genuine fans instead of the awkwardness and grossness of sexual gratification that many other female characters receive. I personally just hate when people on the internet are like this towards female characters in general, and it needs to stop because this treatment is not okay at all, no matter the intent or circumstances.

I'm not going to advocate the practice stop but just that the images should be appropriate tagged and whatnot so I can ignore them more easily.

It is curious that they didn't swap her out for Pauline in the spinoffs for the Switch era.

Um….What do you mean?
people should be allowed to draw and share art, even ones I don't like

but the ones I don't like should have a filter so I don't have to see them

It is curious that they didn't swap her out for Pauline in the spinoffs for the Switch era.
Rosalina did get ahold of the spinoff roster, so I don't think she's going away any time soon now.

hell she might be like... a more important daisy. introduced in one or two mainline games, now stuck to spinoffs.

Back