Who's in your golf bag?

Mags

Me and my pencil
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
Mario Tennis Aces featured 14 extra characters on top of the base roster. Since Mario Golf: Super Rush is by the same people (correct me if I'm wrong, but they're very similar), we can assume more characters will be added eventually. (I mean, they also said they would, but whatever.)

So who would you like to see in the game as playable characters?

I personally would like Koopa, Dry Bones, and maybe some babies to make an appearance, but I would be fine with virtually anyone.

Mario Tennis Aces featured 14 extra characters on top of the base roster. Since Mario Golf: Super Rush is by the same people (correct me if I'm wrong, but they're very similar), we can assume more characters will be added eventually. (I mean, they also said they would, but whatever.)

So who would you like to see in the game as playable characters?

I personally would like Koopa, Dry Bones, and maybe some babies to make an appearance, but I would be fine with virtually anyone.
Funky Kong and.....

I guess a Goomba.

where even are diddy or toadette or birdo im baffled like theyre npcs i think sure but???? not playable?????? they were in the previous golves (htis is the funniest plural i just came up with) AND mta so???
can we get petey again too
also dixie kong for new additions 👉👈 idont play golf it doesnt interest me but mario rosters Certainly Do,

Bring back Kamek.
And as long as we're introducing golfers, let E. Gadd finally have a spin-off slot, and bring back Toadsworth to give him one too.
Toadsworth's disappearance is a shame.

And if we're adding generic representatives of species can something other than Yoshi's Island and Mario Party please remember Toadies exist? Thank you.

I just want Baby Mario and Baby Luigi playable.

Sure, we won't get funny and charming post-hole animations for them because Golf Super Rush's post hole aniamtions are abysmal.

db1ol16-6e2dea65-f10e-4026-bb7c-61e4ccdca1ce.gif

BabyMarioDoubleBogeySuperstars.png

But them being playable always makes games much much much more fun for me. I don't really care who else makes it in for me, I just want these two.

Baby Peach and Baby Daisy are extras but I wouldn't mind seeing them too.

Finally, Toadette should have been playable in the base game you boobs.

I saw the title for the thread and thought this would be about bonking people with baseball bats and stuffing them in golf bags
No, of course not!

We attack people with golf clubs, duh.

I think Toadette should have been in from the start. I also hope that more enemy characters, such as Goomba and Koopa Troopa, will be added in.

1. Birdo (one of my top favorites, sometimes I enjoy playing as her more than Peach)
2. Pink Gold Peach (unpopular opinion, I know)
3. Peachette (really enjoyed having her in Mario Kart Tour. I want her to appear in more spinoffs)
4. Dixie Kong (I also wish that she would appear in more Mario spinoffs)

And finally, the babies and/or Toadette so that my friend can play as her favorites.

As always my top desire for playability in spinoffs is Fawful. But I'd be satisfied with literally anyone original to the Mario RPGs, sadly it seems unlikely that desire will be fulfilled anytime soon. But hopefully Nintendo will loosen up about the Mario cast one day.

Baby freaking Mario is a facking veteran please Camelot you introduced him to these spinoffs

Sincerely the other Baby Bros enthusiast in this entire damn world

Its random but I want the koopalings in And im embarrassed about that for whatever reason.
Though I honestly feel like they'd kinda be out of place lol

-i like the koopalings too much…

Reactions: zel
As always my top desire for playability in spinoffs is Fawful. But I'd be satisfied with literally anyone original to the Mario RPGs, sadly it seems unlikely that desire will be fulfilled anytime soon. But hopefully Nintendo will loosen up about the Mario cast one day.
It will happen one day. Maybe not for years and years, but it will.
Its random but I want the koopalings in And im embarrassed about that for whatever reason.
Though I honestly feel like they'd kinda be out of place lol

-i like the koopalings too much…
I'd like to see them too. In the Adventure Mode, in the first tourney, they're actually listed as having played in it, but none of them are ever seen.

It will happen one day. Maybe not for years and years, but it will.

Paper Mario is the only RPG character I'm expecting to have a shot nowadays, considering Mario & Luigi is dead. Now that Paper Luigi is seen driving a kart, I think it's a missed opportunity to exclude him from being playable? I think it would be extremely unique to see yourself controlled by a line driving a kart (or it could be angled so you see his back), esp. after playing SRB2 Kart which has a playable Paper Mario and I think he could work well even more in 3D which has a more dynamic camera angle letting you see more than a line.

Honestly the best way to include Paper Mario in Mario Kart would be to have him angled with his back to the camera, like they appeared in Origami King's opening in this shot.

623FFFf.png

Though I'd rather have him use his TTYD design with individual pieces making up his character and 2D cel shading.

Yeah I think that shot would make sense since you're see him most that way (you don't see the sides a lot), only when you're drifting will it look a bit odd but really, it just adds to how unique he is. CTR had a literal box playable, so Paper Mario is a wacky idea who'd just work and it'd satisfy Paper Mario fans.

Paper Mario is the only RPG character I'm expecting to have a shot nowadays, considering Mario & Luigi is dead.
Shucks, imagine if Nintendo wasn't so finicky and actually did a Super Smash Bros. but for the Mario universe.
AHoL0O1.png

We'd see something like this getting a realistic shot lmao. Even if it's just "another" Mario/Luigi at least it offers a two-in-one sort of playable character, which hasn't been done in the series (but Goomba Tower is such a great addition to Dr. Mario World, not going to lie). Just imagine using Mario&Luigi paired with Dr. Goomba Tower in a future Mario Kart Double Dash game.

HELL if you don't like Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, just stick them together. BAM. Unique character.

Anyway Nintendo should just make one Mario spinoff and litter it with references (and have Cluckboom make a prominent return), call it the nonsensical Mario universe crossover, so it avoids people criticizing it for being an incoherent mess and also it's just one game.

Back