Mario-related punishments

Koopa con Carne

call me Hot Lips, 'cause i'm a one-shot wonder
MarioWiki
Koopa con Carne
So, some poor no-good winds up in hell after dying, and you're tasked with giving them a punishment that will last for eternity. Satan, being the Mario fanboy that he is, asks if you can make the punishment Mario-related this time.

The question is, what repetitive chores do you know of in any Mario (Wario, DK etc.) game that you may subject a tortured soul to?

My suggestion? Getting a squeaky-clean perfect run in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, which includes collecting 999,999G and capturing 99 of each ghost type. The latter entails, among other things, replaying some missions (such as boss missions) 99 times each, some of which can take upwards to 8 minutes if you try to get as much gold as possible, just to recapture one particular ghost. Then they have to play through Thrill Tower over and over again until they basically go mad--the punished soul shall have to wait a long time in a lobby to find new players who are still playing the game, then luck out and find particular ghost types every 5 floors while slogging through Nintendo's terrible online with potentially bad players who'll ruin your game.

And after doing a complete run of the game... they gotta do it again on a new save file!

What other punishments do you propose? Again, keep them Mario-related.

Beat the Shadow Queen in "Impossible Mode" (BP only, no badges, no regular guards, no switching your partners during battle, no partner upgrades, no items)

mario + rabbids kindgom battle. the donkey kong adventure dlc campaign. one of the ultimate challenges. which is smuggler scramble. there is no nuances the challenge was just that bad

100% Super Mario Odyssey without dying. If you die, you have to delete the save file and start over. (If you actually successfully complete it, you still have to start over and do it again anyway, but that's beside the point.)

Any platformer, beat every level, and the only allowed power up is the first mushroom, which you must lose to Bowser.

Why are you guys suggesting playing good games as a method of torture though?

Play Super Mario Bros. Special on loop forever.

This Should Probaly Be Torture

100% Complete Sunshine With Only 1Hp Remaining. You Must Do it for every Save File
hell, 100%ing Sunshine even without 1HP sounds like hell to me

The punishment that would be eternally miserable for me, however, would be being placed in charge of "IP conforming" for all future Mario RPGs. It would be my job to remove and redesign everything that is too original, and I'd get no say in ever changing that policy.

Uhh how about force someone to BE the trade off amiibo Wario and try to win a match against two twin sisters that keep blowing you up and Ganondorf keeps punching your guts in, and you make humiliating low-pitched mooing noises occasionally.

Oh, I've got a good one. I've taken inspiration from Let's Game It Out's YouTube channel of course.

Design levels in Super Mario Maker specifically designed to torture the player. Insta-death? Too merciful. How about mazes or spirals of misery? Spam sound effects everywhere. I'd also mod the game to remove limitations such as block limitations and timers so the person has to force it out through the entire level.

^I actually recently made a level that was pretty much designed to never figure out how to clear it without help from the creator (me). It kills you a lot but even when avoiding the death traps you'll find yourself going in circles and unsure how to actually make progress.

Here's a good one!
Try to play 50 refreshing levels in a row on Super Mario Maker 2.

Build up speed for 12 hours on every save file on Super Mario 64, and if you fail once, you have to delete every save file.
What's build up speed mean?

It's a thing used in Super Mario 64 to get the watch for falling rocks star with only "0.5x A Presses", and so once Mario builds speed for 12 hours by walking into a specific corner, he goes into a "parallel universe" in which he can get the star there. It turned into a meme because of two reasons, the famous phrase "To answer that, we need to talk about parallel universes." and the ridiculous time needed to "build up speed".

Last edited:
It's a thing used in Super Mario 64 to get the watch for falling rocks star with only "0.5x A Presses", and so once Mario builds speed for 12 hours by walking into a specific corner, he goes into a "parallel universe" in which he can get the star there. It turned into a meme because of two reasons, the famous phrase "To answer that, we need to talk about parallel universes." and the ridiculous time needed to "build up speed".
An A press is an A press, you can't say it's only half

They have to spend all their time on a special Mario boards that only makes boomer humor all the time.
Mario's on mushrooms! And is Peach cheating with Bowser?!

Back