LEGO Mario

IT'S ABOUT TIME
It's a shame they're forcing the molded heads, though. I would have liked the standard minifig head.
Custom heads work best imo. You just can't cram all the features Mario has into such a small space, and you lose the big nose Mario has. Bootleggers tried it, it just doesn't work.

I wonder how they're gonna do Yoshi if they do minifigure sets. Or if they're just gonna do "Brickheadz" style things where it's just one brick-built character per box.

I wonder how they're gonna do Yoshi if they do minifigure sets. Or if they're just gonna do "Brickheadz" style things where it's just one brick-built character per box.
I really hope they don't do Brickheadz things... but I think a Yoshi Minifigure would be a pretty easy one, I reckon a moulded head, tail piece that goes over the legs like the one that's been done for Donald Duck and potentially a shell piece to go over the neck? Maybe combining the last two into one, but I reckon that's the route they'd take for a minifigure. They could go for some other kind of figure instead though, like potentially one that you could sit Minifigures on like they're riding them? Like the standard dinosaurs or the Toy Story Rex one.

What's especially jarring is like how ubiquitous Mario the character is in general. In terms of oversaturated merchandising, he's like the Pikachu of the Mario series or the Jibanyan. He's like everywhere and gets like 15 billion variants of him while every other character gets shafted. And Mario merchandise tends to have, like, only the main characters. The most exotic I've seen is Mario Kart figures of Rosalina and Baby Mario, most of the time, you're just stuck with the Mario Kart 64 cast when it comes to collections, which I find brutally disappointing.
Problem is it seems like giving up promoting newer game titles like Odyssey and Luigi's Mansion which get more signature features and new designs that require new molds for toys. And given we don't really get featured Mario games every year, KNEX was supposed to have enough time to come up with new things in the meanwhile, yet they failed. That's the dissapointing part.

I mean, it'd be nice to see an Odyssey airship set, a small version of Last Resort or use LEGO CITY as a base for a New Donk City set.

However, it reminds me KNEX can do racing courses but LEGO's system doesn't focus on that.I think they can do buildable karts, just not sure if they'd do buildable racing course sets.

I really hope they don't do Brickheadz things... but I think a Yoshi Minifigure would be a pretty easy one, I reckon a moulded head, tail piece that goes over the legs like the one that's been done for Donald Duck and potentially a shell piece to go over the neck? Maybe combining the last two into one, but I reckon that's the route they'd take for a minifigure. They could go for some other kind of figure instead though, like potentially one that you could sit Minifigures on like they're riding them? Like the standard dinosaurs or the Toy Story Rex one.
Yeah, that's the point. It'd really depend on whether they want Mario to ride on Yoshi phsically, if Yoshi is a minifigure it'd be hard to do so.

Oh hey, it's about time they do lego Mario. I have a bunch of the K'nex ones, but I always thought actual lego ones would be a lot cooler.

Turns out that Mario is bigger than the minifig, no doubt to fit in the electronics in it. I like this one, as it reminds me of Mario's look from the Nintendo 64's Mario Party games.

Thank you for reading.

For the revealed system, I think we can exclude it from the traditional minifigure line. It looks like an experimental idea for modern toys over a big lineup.

Weirdly, the KNEX sets look more like what regular LEGO sets look like. Maybe LEGO would eventually do minifigure line after this after further marketing research?

Oh man why is Mario in a state of perpetual grinning? That's just so..... UnMario

I like it.

The proportions are similar to Short Mario, so every run is under a Daredevil comet.

Oh man why is Mario in a state of perpetual grinning? That's just so..... UnMario
This isn't Super Smash Bros.

Looks... interesting to say the least. I love Mario and Lego's, but I was hoping for something like reconstructions of things like Bob-omb Battlefield, World 1-1 from Super Mario Bros., things like that. Should be fun, though.

The whole set looks like the LEGO Games (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Games) lineup that dedicates to board gameplay, and of course with more remote control techs. It looks kinda like a platform for expeiments over the traditional moneymilking minifigure lineup.

Also if it doesn't require complicated buildings and prcedures, I would think this would probably fit in the Duplo line that cater to younger kids. However since video games are for older kids, it could be inappropriate for underage kids to play with Mario building toys, since it's not same as those plushies.

Who knows, I'm aware LEGO would see the request of minifigues via future marketing research, at least this franchise is available in future plans so we can be more optimistic than before.

not much.

lego overpriced? I'm shocked.

EYJlJyaWsAEQdSq

New names for sets found
I think it's going to be a Toad house but having Mario's house from Paper Mario would be neat, since that's the most reoccurring one due to SMRPG and DDR: Mario Mix were one offs and there is no way Nintendo would let them touch the ones from the Super Show and the movie

His perpetual happy face is amazing I love it.

I wish to see Mario... I mean LEGO Mario screaming "HEY!" Some day.

Back