Peachette

I hope you achieve all your dreams!
Pronouns
She/They/Fae
MarioWiki
splashmouse
FB_IMG_1583407152325.jpg

1: What was your very first videogame?

Super Mario Bros itself. On a bootleg handheld, but it was SMB, alright.

Mine was one of the 4 (I dont know which i played first becaause i was so young and played them around the same time)

Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Street Fighters 2, or some random football game. All on the snes.
They were my older brothers.

Fun fact: I could say the football snes game was my "first", if you count 3year old me holding an unplugged controller and larping the characters while my older brother played. What I loved most of the game was you could choose from a wide selection of colors/teams, and the weather. I liked to make them play in the rain and snow.

I know it was some edutainment game on Leapster, but I can't remember which one. I at least know that Sonic X was one of my first.

In terms of Nintendo, that would be either Wii Sports Resort or Mario Kart Wii.

Super Mario 64

It was like 2000 and I'd gotten a N64 and SM64 for, I think my fourth birthday? Might've been Christmas? Regardless, deffo remember playing it on the TV in the apartment I lived in back then. Of course, being four, I'm pretty sure I just ran around the castle jumping and stuff and not like actually playing the game lol.

wish i knew what my first one was!! i asked my mom a while ago and she didmt kmow sadly. prob some boring educational(?) flash game for babies lmaooooo
the earliest i actually remember is harry potter and the philosophers stone, on pc. when i was Six years old! i particularly remember it because my 3 braincells back then had a thought along the lines of "im 6 so harry here must be 6 too!" CSGDSGDVC for the record hes actually 11 in this game
i prob played spore earlier im really not sure. i was uhh 5 when it came out
anyawy!! im super up for this challenge. only read the first two questions but ill avoid spoiling myself the rest 👁

Last edited:
Day 1: Super Mario 64. Probably. My memory on what was actually my first video game at the time is vague, as I had Chip's Challenge, The Sims, and various Humongous Entertainment titles. But Super Mario 64 is what got me into video gaming completely as it left an impression on me that other games did not.

The first video game I ever played was Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. Then the next year I started playing Super Mario Galaxy, so that was my first level-based game.

My spreadsheet says it all really
That would be LEGO Chess. I used to play it a lot aged 4 or so but I've not played it in well over a decade. If I still have it somewhere, which I may well not, I might return to it someday. I'd say Poptropica and Club Penguin was my first real start to gaming since LEGO Chess is really just an animated version of a physical board game with fancy cutscenes. But I haven't played either of those in ages either. I liked Wii Sports Resort as soon as the Wii became a thing for my siblings and I, and that would be my first game which I still definitely own and have played fairly recently.

(Edit: turns out there were a few PC games I still have which I played before wii sports resort)

I didn't really had a "first" video game, I've already owned a couple right when I was born. The first video game I played however was Super Smash Bros.

Do you mean the first one on the N64?

Yeah. Though I already owned an SNES at the time too, with Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Street Fighter II Turbo...etc. But because I had a twin, the multiplayer games were far more intriguing to me. I think the only N64 game we didn't own right at the start were Majora's Mask and Paper Mario.

SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge for the GBA, if we're talking games on actual dedicated systems. There were kiddie PC games I had played before that but I have no idea the first. Maybe a Freddi Fish game, or SpongeBob Operation Krabby Patty.

The first video game I played was Mario Party 8. It was the first game I tried out when I got my Wii back in 2010.

That is tough to answer as I have to dig back twelve years. It was New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It was my first game as far as I know.

I really don't remember my first video game, as my sister said, but I do remember playing Smash 64 the most frequently from my first memories. I also played Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario Kart, but not sure what else are candidates.

My first video game that I can remember would be Super Mario Advance, which my older brother got with a GBA for his birthday when we were kids
It's definitely the first 'console' game I ever had, but that said I might have played some stuff on an old windows 98 pc around the same time period, mostly edutainment stuff like JumpStart Maths and Cluefinders, although I do also have fond memories of playing Commander Keen 4 and Jazz Jackrabbit 2

DAY 2!

Who is your favorite videogame character?

This is honestly a really tough one, in my years of playing I've encountered many inspiring role models in videogames. Admittingly most have been NPC's in Pokemon and it feels nearly impossible to narrow down to a specific individual, so instead I'm going to say, the total accumulation of Pokemon Trainers. Unlike any other franchise I've played, with their shared thoughts they have had a consistent knack for being very socially critical in a ELA college essay sense, and very socially conscious of modern issues at that. Something I don't see many franchises have the bravery to touch on.

For a specific individual however, my favorite would have to be the obvious,
Mario. Why wouldn't I love a cheerful altruistic empathic, blue collar white collar hybrid of a man that is open with his feelings and loves to play despite being in his 30's or 24. He has been my role model since I was a smol.

Count Bleck - copied at pasted from my list https://www.thetoptens.com/m/MiracleDinner/r/333397/:

"""
So at first he looks like a very interesting magician and by the time I finish the opening sequence he already looks like an epic and bad-ass villain. A favourite before the game even begins. As the game progresses, he becomes even more entertaining, being dramatic, intelligent, funny, and serious.

But you also see a side to him which is hurt and vulnerable, and eventually you come to realise that he is Blumiere - a person who was once kind and loving, turned mad by the loss of his love. This kind of plot far exceeds that of any other Mario game I have played.

And as you reach him at last in Castle Bleck, you truly see that he knows he was wrong, he knows he messed up, but he's fighting still, because he can't stop what he's started. And once you win, he is the most broken and sad figure I can remember in the franchise. He begs you to end his game, he tells Tippi how much he missed her, and he truly shows his nature as a tragic villain. And at the end of the game, he turns around, his once epic and evil melody becomes sad, happy, and hopeful all at once. He repairs his love with Timpani and together they sacrifice themselves to save all that exists. But at the end of the game, you see them alive and happy, walking across the hill, never to be seen again, but at peace nonetheless.

This character alone is one of my biggest reasons for SPM being my favourite Mario game. I don't think I've ever seen another character so intriguing, unique, and emotional. I've experienced this story several times before but it got to me now even writing this comment.
"""
Tbh though the other characters in the first 6 or so are all so awesome that I don't like choosing just this dude

Back