Recent Forum Changes

I just noticed that the link to Google Maps has been removed from the location thing on people's profiles. How long has it been like that?

As a general request going forward:

We'd like the pronoun field to be kept to serious uses only. Identity is a subject that's deeply personal for many members of this community, and we would not like anyone to feel unwelcome or not taken seriously.

As a general request going forward:

We'd like the pronoun field to be kept to serious uses only. Identity is a subject that's deeply personal for many members of this community, and we would not like anyone to feel unwelcome or not taken seriously.

As someone who is enby/genderfluid, I appreciate this. Yes, sometimes there are pronoun and gender jokes made within the trans community, but the thing is, at a glance I can't tell if anyone on the forums is actually trans, and it's very different having a trans person joke about pronouns vs. a cis person. From a trans person, I know it's coming from a tongue-in-cheek poke at how identity and presentation can be confusing, and it's also attempting to reclaim a joke that is constantly made against us. From a cis person? I'm far warier. It comes off more as the typical "I identify as an attack helicopter" brand of "humor" that cis people use in order to make fun of trans people, specifically nonbinary people such as myself, and specifically nonbinary people who use unconventional gender identification because the binary model doesn't fit us, and it's a way of having fun with our identity in a system that attempts to constrain us.

I also, like, want to respect your pronouns, yeah? I don't think it's okay to misgender anyone, cis or not.

I'm explaining this from the perspective of a trans person so that cis people can understand, because I don't think every cis person who does this means any harm, it's just to be aware that the pronoun jokes are loaded with a bit of history. I don't want to discourage people from using unconventional pronouns if that's legitimately what they want to do, but I just want people to be mindful of the fact that a lot of this is context-sensitive, and with strangers on the internet it's more difficult to glean your intentions with it.

Am I crazy or was deleting other peoples posts on your profile a thing?

Cause I just noticed you can't.

just complain that you can't do it underneath the profile post you want to delete and the person who posted it will delete it for you. that worked for me!

Yay no more ads for manga of characters doing the deed, no objections

I saw those ads a lot as well, despite me not visiting any 18+ sites. I hated them with a passion, and I'm glad that they're gone from here!

Back