Mario Kart Tour

I'm guessing Chef Toad will be the only new spotlight for the hypothetical Super Nintendo World Tour, alongside returning spotlights for the second pipe.

Everyone complaining about how unfair ranked cups are while nobody realises that you can fool the algorithm by pretending to be bad at the game: keep a low score (or none at all) until the week's almost over so the game pits you against weaker opponents, then on the last day get a good high score to launch yourself through the rankings.

Granted, this has only worked 60% of the time for me, and you probably need high-level units. I'm tier 40 currently so...

I might have to keep that in mind

A few details of ranked cups:

* every player is paired with different opponents. Unless the players are very few you're likely not in the ranked cup list of the players in your list
* contrary to popular belief, there aren't many bots in there. They are usually the last 3 in each list. You now can easily spot them because if you click on them you're not given the individual results nor the detailed info
* many players you're paired with are not of your rank, now that the maximum ranked of the players is displayed in the player's details you can check this

Return Paratroopa.

The tour seems to be focused on Luigi with all of his alts back with a new one with him in lederhosen and a bratwurst
But there is something weird, the new course is called Berlin Bypass 2 ... what happened to the first one?

Last edited:
It's so good! Starts as techno music (makes sense considering Germany is well known for that genre) and then the second part... man do I like its theme!

They're going experimental with city BGM, hopefully they'll be able to carry something in their next games as what is coming out is pretty great, in my opinion.

Cat Peach! I knew that they'd eventually bring her back!

Looks like I won't be getting Penguin Luigi then. I was considering pulling the 2nd week's pipe, but Cat Peach!

I wonder who would be the Week 2 spotlight(s).

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Tanooki Mario to complete MK8D's roster (besides non-Mario characters). The teaser image don't have returning spotlights, unlike Sunset (had Capt Toad and Toadette, explorer Peach hiding), Summer Fest (the Tokyo spotlights, Yukata Daisy hiding), Los Angeles (Funky and Dixie, Sunshine Mario hiding).

No way, no way!
1SYy2WG.jpg

I got Cat Toad a week early, and Cat Peach in the same 10-pull! I had to empty half of the pipe before I got them (225 rubies spent), and I also got the Cat Cruiser and the new pink glider. I'm good now until the next tour. 😊

Back