Mario Tennis Aces

Spike is a very strange choice. It's not like he's a common or iconic enemy like Koopa Troopa or even Chain Chomp. He's very rare, only showing in a few games and in a few levels in those games.

Perhaps Spike has a fan following in Japan that we don't know about. Also, do you think that they listen to Japanese Mario fans before they listen to Western ones when it comes to characters?

or can we just accept that Nintendo's developing houses hardly know what people want to see and just pull things for the sake of pulling things in the games?

I suppose Spike is a strange choice and one that's not being clamoured by most of us Mario fans, but I don't mind some new faces every now and then. I mean, Chain Chomp is a very nice surprise because you never expect Chain Chomp as a playable character.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
I mean, Chain Chomp is a very nice surprise because you never expect Chain Chomp as a playable character.

Thank you for reading.
Chain Chomp is a dog-thing that holds a racket in its mouth and doesn't look like it can play tennis. Spike is just some green fish-lipped thing with arms and legs. I don't know why the developers like it, but hey, it's used a fair bit in games.

I'm sure that they're putting Spike in here because he was in Mario Party 10. He made enough sense there since they often have random enemies playable in the later Mario Partys as one-offs, but having him show up again here is a weird choice since he wasn't especially popular in MP10 afaik.

I like Spike.

I like thwomps.

I bet they put Spike there precisely because nobody would ever expect him let alone ask for him.

Since I mastered Mario Power Tennis, I think Mario Tennis Aces' controls are gonna be easy.

Get Power Tennis for now, and if you enjoy it, you might as well maybe enjoy Aces.

I mean we don’t know that much about Aces yet but still.

Just gonna throw in here, that Power Tennis gameplay isnt smooth like Ultra Smash

So since Aces is surely play like US plus the new gimmicks i personally would save for Aces.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Just gonna throw in here, that Power Tennis gameplay isnt smooth like Ultra Smash

So since Aces is surely play like US plus the new gimmicks i personally would save for Aces.

If you turn off Power Shots it is much snappier than Ultra Smash.

Easter Yoshi said:
It may be a bit early to ask this, but which game should I get first: Aces or Power Tennis? I hear that both games are really good, but Aces still has yet to be released.
Power Tennis for now. Get the GameCube original, the Wii New Play Control version isn't as great as the GameCube version. Additionally get a GameCube to play it.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
Easter Yoshi said:
It may be a bit early to ask this, but which game should I get first: Aces or Power Tennis? I hear that both games are really good, but Aces still has yet to be released.
Power Tennis for now. Get the GameCube original, the Wii New Play Control version isn't as great as the GameCube version. Additionally get a GameCube to play it.
I have a GameCube-compatible Wii, but I lack GameCube controllers and memory cards. But is the Wii version really that much worse than the GCN version?

Easter Yoshi said:
Roll and Maria Renard said:
Easter Yoshi said:
I have a GameCube-compatible Wii, but I lack GameCube controllers and memory cards. But is the Wii version really that much worse than the GCN version?
The motion controls make it a mixed bag and not as great as the original GameCube version. GameCube version plays better.

Honestly I never had problems with the motion controls. It always worked out smoothly for me.

Should’ve maybe posted that in the unpopular opinions thread but whatever.

Back