Mario Tennis Aces

Cool.

Spike Amiibo when

cool a character i don't give a *bleep* about

source:

also, i think the character roster ui is hideous

They had to choose a very boring Mario enemy to be playable, hooray

I don't care if it's more "unique" than Paratroopa or Fly Guy, it's still more boring than those two

give mario sports superstars credit where it's due, at least the character roster ui actually looks pleasant to look at aside from the fact that Baby Luigi is playable in that game because they actually bothered to use original, consistent renders for the characters

i'm sick and tired of this trend of recycling stock artwork for ui images, especially if two artwork styles horribly clash with one another (toad and mario being the most jarring example)

Mario Tennis Aces at this point looks like it is going to be not just an improved Ultra Smash Second Edition but a new Power Tennis as it is starting to be around as good as that game. The game looks like it will definitely bring over the Wii Sports casual crowd over as that ad depicted the family playing Aces.

I'm still not convinced.

i am not gonna rest until we can mod the switch.

gonna save the 60$+ until it happens.

Man I wish Switch games were $60+ here in comparison to what they actually are.

*shakes fist at economy and heavy taxes*

I'd hope Pauline will be in this, I was surprised they revealed Chain Chomp before her. If she's not in it I'd be shocked because you'd think Odyssey would lead to her appearing in the multiplayer games.

Baby Luigi needs to be playable in Mario Tennis Aces.

I'm surprised Birdo and Diddy are absent. They got left out of MK8 as well. Has Nintendo just sort of stopped giving a shit about them?

The game is still a work in progress. There's a chance they'll add other characters in and probably Miis. That is, by the time the next Direct shows up. Nintendo and Camelot decided to put more effort polish into Aces's development than what they did with Ultra Smash. At the end of the day Ultra Smash still feels a bit unpolished at times and is incomplete. I have played Ultra Smash recently. It's okay but it's not the best.

Captain America said:
I'm surprised Birdo and Diddy are absent. They got left out of MK8 as well. Has Nintendo just sort of stopped giving a *bleep* about them?

They're both in Mario Sports Superstars, at the very least.

Swiftie_Luma said:
... meanwhile on the wild internet

uEDlyF2.png
His image was kidnapped and replaced with a placeholder image.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I'd hope Pauline will be in this, I was surprised they revealed Chain Chomp before her. If she's not in it I'd be shocked because you'd think Odyssey would lead to her appearing in the multiplayer games.
Welllllll, it took a while before Rosalina started appearing in everything, didn't it?

LeftyGreenMario said:
Welllllll, it took a while before Rosalina started appearing in everything, didn't it?

The Sprixies Princesses debuted in 3D World and appeared again in Ultra Smash.

I really want a big roster, but I don't have much hope for that happening. I seriously don't understand why Nintendo doesn't want big rosters in games like this. They have a lot of characters they can put in, but they either don't do that or they do and in the process, snub notable characters like Birdo and Diddy Kong in favor of stupid filler pallet swaps (*cough* Baby Rosalina *cough*). It's 2018, Nintendo should really do better in this regard. There's no excuse for it.

Well to be fair, the Mario and Bowser artwork has not been seen before, and almost every piece of character art is from the modern render engine so they don’t clash.

Cheeze said:
I really want a big roster, but I don't have much hope for that happening. I seriously don't understand why Nintendo doesn't want big rosters in games like this. They have a lot of characters they can put in, but they either don't do that or they do and in the process, snub notable characters like Birdo and Diddy Kong in favor of stupid filler pallet swaps (*cough* Baby Rosalina *cough*). It's 2018, Nintendo should really do better in this regard. There's no excuse for it.

Baby Rosalina is not a palette swap, that's not even in this game.

When are people gonna learn the difference.

Also , fault lies on Camelot, Nintendo basically just lets them use the Mario characters. Camelot makes the development desicions.

GmanSir said:
Time restrictions will never stop being a thing.

They can give those games development time that they do need, for starters, if they expect us to be excited for those games instead of blowing them out as fast as they could, in the case of say, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

I don't think there's any excuse that games that are like, three generations old to have bigger rosters than these modern games. We should have bigger and better rosters, not this stagnant bs that's been happening where there are questionable removals such as those of Diddy and Birdo and the number of characters remains the same as a freaking GCN games.

On the other hand, I'm guessing characters take up much more resources to make. It might be same reason we're not getting as much renders for playable characters in the past spinoffs compared to Double Dash and Mario Kart DS where everyone gets a picture.

Back