Mario Tennis Aces

i edited the Rosalina render to represent how i feel she it should have been.

CPXOrLW.jpg

She looks like she's about to burst out laughing.

That mouth is not fit well along with the pose. It looks like she about to not try to laugh.

I actually think it's a significant improvement. There's something really off about her face in the other artwork.

The trailer in the Direct taught me that "gauge" is pronounced "gayge" and not "gawge". Why though?

Also, unpopular opinion here, but Aces seems to lack the charm of Mario Power Tennis. Maybe the Wario and Waluigi cutscenes gave it to the game.

now that Camelot is finally putting some more effort in Tennis and looking back at how messy Power Tennis was with the special shots then i fail to see the ''charm'' of it.

Just another overhyped game like the rest.

Not sure if you're kidding or not. The special shots in Power Tennis I admit were distracting. But there was more variety to Mario Power Tennis than Aces, whose courts clearly look like they're gonna follow the same tired formula of desert, forest, ice, and probably more. Also, same Toads, Piranha Plants and Shy Guys as always. Mario Power Tennis had Piantas, Kritters, Ghosts from Luigi's Mansion, Mecha Bowser; even Bob-ombs spectated in one court. Speaking of charm, not gameplay; Aces seems fine in that regard.

Perhaps Camelot has yet to make a perfect Tennis title, even with Aces on the horizon.

they don't reference GCN games because they are simply not here anymore.

All the stuff that was mostly referenced in Power Tennis was there because of Luigis Mansion, Sunshine and whatnot aka GCN games.

They dont need to over saturate the games with those background characters anymore, id rather have them reference more recent games like Galaxy or Odyssey.

Or 3D Land/World

There are biddybuds and Ant Troopers.

Super Radio said:
The trailer in the Direct taught me that "gauge" is pronounced "gayge" and not "gawge". Why though?

i think both are technically correct since i think different dialects and accents pronounce each differently

MTA_Group_Art.jpg

look at how shitty the crowd looks lol

Super Sluggers had more poured into the crowd, lol (hello copy paste Shy Guys though)

MSuperSluggersart.jpg

I guess the crowd is just to save render time.

It's pretty strange that Mario Tennis Aces' box art only shows two playable characters. In previous Mario Tennis games, there are more playable characters shown at once, especially Mario Power Tennis. The only exception is the Nintendo 64 Mario Tennis, which oddly shows only Mario.

I feel as if that the box art is supposed to show more, like it's supposed to be wider than what's shown, but that's just me wanting to see more characters in view.

Thank you for reading.

Baby Luigi said:
*image*
look at how *bleep*ty the crowd looks lol
I like how flat the Toads and Koopa Troopa right behind Peach (Not even in the crowd) are.

Baby Luigi said:
MTA_Group_Art.jpg

look at how shitty the crowd looks lol
The sad truth: the Mushroom Kingdom inhabitants and the Koopa Troop had left for far more interesting events in New Donk City and the Toads were forced to ask Larry for a curved gigantic Electrodrome-like screen showing a video to replace the public, hoping that the fans wouldn't notice. It was a good idea, but sadly not even the current 7680 x 4320 standard isn't enough, and you can only expect so much from a little child...

Oh, c'mon, Larry has ties to the most powerful rival to the Mushroom Kingdom. He's short-changing Mushroom Kingdom.

I have noticed that each character has their own set of trick moves!

Peach did a Ribbon Twist and cartwheel.

Bowser was in his shell.

Mario jumps a lot!

considering that they still use old artwork to make the character select in bigger games like these i think Camelot doesnt do things with love anymore.

Back