Mario Tennis Aces

Trailer in case anybody missed it.

final thoughts.

It looks amazing.

also , like i said to BLOF.

while Rosalina keeps her US voice ... SHE GETS KERRI'S VOICE BACK WHEN LUMAS APPEAR.

what the hell? lol at this point this is random but hey i can't really say i hate that 100%... ughahf

listen closely when the Lumas appear... this sound plays

https://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1Bn58fd29T7.mp3

that's Kerri Kane. Nintendo can't update sound banks ever can they.

Swiftie_Luma said:
that's Kerri Kane. Nintendo can't update sound banks ever can they.
I think they don't care.

Baby Luigi said:
Chain Chomp is a playable character, and I love it.
BEST THING EVER. I have a new main now. This more than makes up for not getting that Chain Chomp partner in Paper Mario. Almost.

It's a shame Bowser Jr. is still stuck in his stupid Jr. Clown Car.

Moving on, there are a few characters yet to be announced, since they said there were unlockables. Or was it DLC? I can't remember. In any case, Koopa Troopa's silhouette was used for that announcement, so he's probably going to be there. As for the others, I sure hope Birdo gets in. And of course, a Mario Odyssey character. Pauline or/and Cappy, to be specific. And we all know a certain someone wants a certain baby character. :babyluigi:

Hopefully no Metal Mario or PGP or Vanish/Silver Luigi, though.

Ok so my theory is right after all.

basically:

Rosalina in a party game being random = Laura's voice

Rosalina doing ANYTHING related to Galaxy = Kerri's voice.

im feeling this is on purpose for some reason.

I genuinely think Nintendo/whatever developer wants Rosalina to ''upgrade'' everytime they represent Galaxy so maybe that's why they did that.

i don't really think they randomly put a Kerri sound in there when every other sound is Laura's , there's a meaning behind this besides not caring of course

Agreed, they probably thought that Laura's clips didn't fit that particular context and used one of Kerri's clips.

Hopefully they won't mess with filtered voices along with unfiltered ones...

Awesome. This game is going to be as good as Power Tennis (and also surpass it) and not be a rushed pile of garbage like Ultra Smash was. Thank you Nintendo, thank you for not trying to rush this game out like you did with Ultra Smash.

I have to say, I love that they decided to incorporate motion controls too to carry over the Wii Sports casual crowd. Now, if only it will have Miis to fulfill that as well.
I say Mario Tennis Aces is like Ultra Smash Second Edition (SE) but heavily improved while cutting out the Mega Mushrooms which were lame if you ask me. It's truly what Ultra Smash should have been. I mean I expected Ultra Smash to surpass Power Tennis but it didn't and I was hugely disappointed. I have played Ultra Smash and all I can say is that it is an okay game on it's own but it's the worst Mario Tennis game by far.

As promised, I updated the original post with a trailer on Nintendo's channel.

That Chain Chomp has to be the least expected character in the game, but I love that they still introduce new characters in Mario Tennis. Beyond that, the roster seems standard but here's hoping for more unexpected additions like Sprixie Princess at that time. Also please put out more artwork especially for Wario and Waluigi, since they have new tennis garbs.

Thank you for reading.

They stated you can earnSpecial in game outfits and additional characters.

We can see that Koopa is one of them but I’m wondering how the outfits will work?

And now, a mystery:

this early screenshot clearly shows Mario charging an Ultra Smash, since there is the appropriate Chance Shot area beneath him:
MTA_Mario_Smash.jpg

However, the new footage clearly showed that Chance Shot areas are no longer there, replaced by the star marks of the early Mario Tennis games. Furthermore, the Ultra Smash wasn't mentioned at all.

I wonder if they updated the game between the two trailers or if there are still some modes which were not revealed today.

That makes might just be a zone shot though.

Zone shots look like the lob icons from Mario Power Tennis thuogh, not the purple chance shot seen in the trailer.

never played a mario tennis before but this one is a maybe. i thought the direct felt like a bit of information overload with all the different mechanics and stuff it was going over so not sure about the ins and outs of how it plays tbh. i'll try it when the demo thing comes out so i can actually see how it works in action and make a descision depending on that i guess

Judging by what I saw in the trailer, this game already looks better than Ultra Smash! And what makes the character designs interesting are that for the first time in a sports game, we see our 4 plumbers wearing actual tennis gear instead of what they normally wear (of course I find Wario and Waluigi's sports shoes funny considering they're supposed to look like their normal shoes to an extent), and we see the princesses wearing different sports shoes to the ones they wore in previous sports installments.
Chain Chomp playable? I didn't see that coming!

I think it's cool you can break your opponent's racquet!

ArthurEngine said:
And what makes the character designs interesting are that for the first time in a sports game, we see our 4 plumbers wearing actual tennis gear instead of what they normally wear (of course I find Wario and Waluigi's sports shoes funny considering they're supposed to look like their normal shoes to an extent), and we see the princesses wearing different sports shoes to the ones they wore in previous sports installments.
The trailer mentions that there will be special outfits as online participation rewards. I'm speculating that there would be character customisation in the game.

Yoshi's sports sneakers?

are we sure this is Koopa Troopa?

It could be Dry Bones as well , and he actually appears talking to Mario in the trailer so maybe its him?

n8fRpJ2.png

I think it is Koopa Troopa. I mean, his color is green here, so it's not Dry Bones.

Back