Mario Tennis Aces

memoryman3 said:
infinite8 said:
I'm guessing Pauline's playable debut would be obvious.
I don't think Pauline will be appearing in these kinds of games.
She could however make her debut in the next Mario Kart game.

Also I hope this game also supports JoyCon motion controls and Miis to help carry over the Wii Sports casuals to the Switch.

I also do hope Peach maintains her current Golf/Tennis skirt and the Ponytail, or if she has a new outfit, I'd like her to keep the ponytail as it is the standard introduced in Toadstool Tour.

I want it to still maintain the realism that Sunshine introduced into the franchise with Peach having a ponytail in realistic situations such as sporting events. I don't want it to be back to N64 and below standard which is unrealistic or in Peach's group artwork and character mugshot in NBA Street V3 GCN version.

memoryman3 said:
I don't think Pauline will be appearing in these kinds of games. New Donk City and the band seems like a one off because it was meant to be very unlike Mario. This game is aiming for the Mario style that was present in NSMB games, 3D World and Mario Party. Rosalina seems a lot less out of place in comparison.

*two huge sexy Mario artwork*
?

Also, Odyssey's the first game Mario's had nicer hair and all. I'm sure the next games follow suit, as we've seen from how 3D World churned out its fresh and shiny beautiful Mario, most obvious in his beautiful gemstone eyes (see the difference between 3D World's Mario and the Mario right before it, Island Tour's Mario) and games, including Mario Party, followed suit and even refined it more. World Tour's Mario render was probably made before 3D World.

Finally, I don't see what wacky new tennis outfits and Strikers-styled smirks have to do with any of those three games.

Since Power Tennis has few Sunshine courts... Would they get Odyssey courts for Aces?

I have a high hope this game would be big like Power Tennis, but let hope Nintendo know what they better do.

i don't want to rule out that possibility, because even Open referenced Galaxy (the next main Mario game after Sunshine) and US referenced 3D World by adding the Sprixie.

So it's either that or make Pauline or someone else playable.

Pauline and Cappy are definitely likely - the work done for Boo in Ultra Smash can be a good starting point for the latter.

But Camelot wanted to cut Boo because he was a ghost in Ultra Smash ... even when he was playable since 64.

They are messy so i can't trust anybody and can't get hopes up.

with the recent announcement for tomorrows direct, specifically pointing out new info on this game i must say that maybe Pauline/Cappy (Pauline is the most likely) could be playable ... i just feel something about this.

But what i do know is that Rosalina will be announced along with the other remaining characters i just know it, and they are likely to have new tennis gear as well.

Maybe im dreaming too much , but one thing is sure , the female cast will be in the announcement, bet on it.

I don't care who gets in the direct as long as Baby Luigi is there.

infinite8 said:
But I get more hyped for new artworks.
Me too

I was holding out on a theme change hoping I'll get official art work

I predict they will show a new character not shown before, maybe like Pauline or perhaps Cappy?

Would anyone be opposed to Cappy replacing Boo as the tiny ghost character? I feel it could go either way: Boo has appeared in a lot of other games so it would elicit a negative reaction if he's got replaced, or that Cappy is overall more important as a character that he will be the go-to ghost character going forward.

Something I noticed ever since the previous Mario Tennis game (which won't be named because its name can be easily ridiculed) is that Wario's logo is changed to his nose and moustache. I wonder why the logo changed to this? Do they think that the letter "W" is not good anymore?

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Here's a little something to tide us over:
4902370539455.jpg

4902370539455-05.jpg

4902370539455-04.jpg

Looks cool but none of the playable characters so far perk my interest up that much. Toad is the least I can ask for.

So the characters who already got tennis outfits (like Peach) didn't get new ones, and the animals don't get uniforms either?

What a disappointment. I was expecting Peach to look somewhat like this:

mario_tennis_aces___peach_prediction_by_julia_bm-dc58fa4.jpg

Well at least Peach seems to have a new pair of sneakers in her new render. It would've been better if Yoshi got sneakers, too.

I can also see Daisy in those screenshots, which Memoryman3 will be happy about.

I wonder if the Lumas are going to float beside Rosalina while she's playing

Please Nintendo put in Cappy and/or Mayor Pauline alongside Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach

Yeah it does suck that Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina don’t have completely new outfits like Mario and the others.

But they do have new sneakers and wristbands, so I’m getting it regardless

well there goes Luma being playable now that it has been confirmed they appear with Rosalina in her intro...

hopefuly that also means Rosalina will be portrayed more like Galaxy in this one, because it's such a waste they acknowledge Galaxy stuff with Rosalina not representing the games well like that with her current behavior/voice.

i guess we'll see , and in the worst scenario ... well there's always gonna be mods.

So I guess maybe the power shots from Power Tennis will come back (yaaaay!):)

New details from the leaked listing that I think a lot of people forgot.

Characters: Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Yoshi, Bowser and Donkey Kong were shown. The princesses have their Ultra Smash outfits, but with wristbands and new sneakers.

Gameplay: You can get a quick burst of speed if you want to reach balls that are a bit out of reach. There is also a new shot type that allows for greater control of where the ball will land. Camelot are claiming that this makes the tennis game deeper than previous titles.

Power Shots: These are different from the racket breakers. Similar to Mario Power Tennis, each character has their own unique Power Shot animation, but this time each returning character gets a new animation. Yoshi with wings was not a thing in Power Tennis.

Modes: There is a Racket Swing mode that uses the Joycon's motion controls. THink of it as a deeper version of Wii Sports Tennis but with more accurate and deeper controls. This will probably be seperate from the main game due to balancing.

Courts: The Ultra Smash daytime court is back with some new props and a grassy look.

Chance Shots: Seem to have completely vanished. The purple star was replaced by a star that looks more like the ones saw in classic Mario Tennis games.

Multiplayer: The game will have local couch multiplayer in TV and tabletop mode. Local wireless and LAN play will be supported. There is also the option to play online, but the source implies that it is region locked.

ok cool but will there be tournaments? Unique win animations? Unique thropy celebrations? More unique courts? MORE CHARACTERS???

And more importantly, will Rosalina gain her cosmic voice back or bringing back the Lumas is just for show?????

Only time will tell.

memoryman3 said:
New details from the leaked listing that I think a lot of people forgot.

Characters: Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Yoshi, Bowser and Donkey Kong were shown. The princesses have their Ultra Smash outfits, but with wristbands and new sneakers.

Gameplay: You can get a quick burst of speed if you want to reach balls that are a bit out of reach. There is also a new shot type that allows for greater control of where the ball will land. Camelot are claiming that this makes the tennis game deeper than previous titles.

Power Shots: These are different from the racket breakers. Similar to Mario Power Tennis, each character has their own unique Power Shot animation, but this time each returning character gets a new animation. Yoshi with wings was not a thing in Power Tennis.

Modes: There is a Racket Swing mode that uses the Joycon's motion controls. THink of it as a deeper version of Wii Sports Tennis but with more accurate and deeper controls. This will probably be seperate from the main game due to balancing.

Courts: The Ultra Smash daytime court is back with some new props and a grassy look.

Chance Shots: Seem to have completely vanished. The purple star was replaced by a star that looks more like the ones saw in classic Mario Tennis games.

Multiplayer: The game will have local couch multiplayer in TV and tabletop mode. Local wireless and LAN play will be supported. There is also the option to play online, but the source implies that it is region locked.
Could you put a spoiler over that?

I think the real question here is if chocolate will be packaged in the game box.

Chain Chomp is a playable character, and I love it.

Back