Mario Tennis Aces

If they're smart they should do that

Mcmadness said:
LGM is gonna flip out over this I bet.
MTA_Mario_Tennis_Outfit.jpg

MTA_Wario_Racket_Broken.jpg

I'm sold.

Even this game turns out to be offensively sub-par, those models will still be available and I will appreciate another addition to their wardrobes.

Swiftie_Luma said:
im glad they are showing more detail to the human male cast instead of just focusing on the sports attire of the princesses and Rosalina.
Yes! This blatant sexism has got to stop.

Now it's specism.

tbf, the humans and Toads are never ever allowed to go pantless while most other species are pleased to go with nothing or just shoes or in full garb.

Seeing the characters in different outfits and the fact that there’s a Story Mode gets me sold!

I can’t wait to see the other characters outfits!

I wonder how deep the story is though?

It's Mario Tennis

It'll probably be as deep as Mario Super Sluggers challenge mode.

Bowser took over tennis island. Beat him and take it back.

Also Nintendo/Camelot, once again shamelessly using GCN renders in a current gen game.

would it kill them to use updated renders and artwork????

Swiftie_Luma said:
Also Nintendo/Camelot, once again shamelessly using GCN renders in a current gen game.

It's even odder if you consider that both Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Mario Sports Superstars introduced new 3D models for artwork illustrations...

Seems like they really wanted to make up for Ultra Smash.
As far as characters go, I want Diddy and Luma back (Junior, at least, seems to be safe based on recent games). DK and Rosalina need their doubles partners.

Swiftie_Luma said:

I don't mind as much if it's for in-game background stuff. It's when a new game uses it as an excuse not to make new renders for a character even in promo art that it gets really shameless.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
im glad they are showing more detail to the human male cast instead of just focusing on the sports attire of the princesses and Rosalina.
Yes! This blatant sexism has got to stop.
I always thought it was kind of ridiculous that the male humans in the Mario and Sonic games had to be swimming in their casual wear, including their shoes.

And sure this game will have a story, but I hope it won't end up being bland.

even if it's like the Sluggers game that's just miles better than many things Nintendo has pulled out lately in regards of spin offs and the Mario Tennis series specificaly.

Julia-BM said:
I always thought it was kind of ridiculous that the male humans in the Mario and Sonic games had to be swimming in their casual wear, including their shoes.
iirc the idea of giving everyone swimsuits was tossed around in those games, but ultimately rejected by Sega because that would have meant removing Sonic's shoes. *shudder*

I don't think you necessarily have to remove shoes. Just replace them with water shoes or other foot-specific swimwear, even flippers (but I like the idea of water shoes).

Wow a new Mario Tennis game. So they decided not to make Ultra Smash Second Edition/Deluxe. I really really hope Aces will be just as good as Power Tennis and surpass it and not be another Ultra Smash which failed to surpass Power Tennis.

Ultra Smash was a huge letdown and was a rushed mess due to Nintendo's decision of shipping it unfinished with not enough polish. Ultra Smash will be truly forgotten for being a rushed unfinished game and the worst Mario Tennis game due to Nintendo not deciding to fix it by releasing a heavy steam of updates and DLC which really did the most damage. It will be always be known as the Mario game that defied Shigeru Miyamoto (the creator of the entire Mario franchise)'s statement of "a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" and that's exactly what it was. It failed both ways as a Mario game and a Mario Tennis game. It's still a decent game on its own but not as a Mario Tennis game.

I hope this game delivers given this game's development cycle seems short.

See, Sports Superstars was released just last year in Spring. It's developed by Camelot (and Namco). Assuming Camelot isn't already working on this game during Sports Superstars development, that'll mean this game got around only one year of development. Perhaps Ultra Smash gave it a boost, though, so if it's like Ultra Smash, but with more stuff, would make a little more sense for the short development time. Either way, that spring release a year after Mario Sports Superstars, I hope, isn't ultimately a bad thing.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
Wow a new Mario Tennis game. So they decided not to make Ultra Smash Second Edition/Deluxe. I really really hope Aces will be just as good as Power Tennis and surpass it and not be another Ultra Smash which failed to surpass Power Tennis.

Ultra Smash was a huge letdown and was a rushed mess due to Nintendo's decision of shipping it unfinished with not enough polish. Ultra Smash will be truly forgotten for being a rushed unfinished game and the worst Mario Tennis game due to Nintendo not deciding to fix it by releasing a heavy steam of updates and DLC which really did the most damage. It will be always be known as the Mario game that defied Shigeru Miyamoto (the creator of the entire Mario franchise)'s statement of "a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" and that's exactly what it was. It failed both ways as a Mario game and a Mario Tennis game. It's still a decent game on its own but not as a Mario Tennis game.

Ok we get it, you don't like Ultra Smash.

i would like to see the background NPC wearing Rosalina's Crown as i play, that would be a great touch.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I hope this game delivers given this game's development cycle seems short.

See, Sports Superstars was released just last year in Spring. It's developed by Camelot (and Namco). Assuming Camelot isn't already working on this game during Sports Superstars development, that'll mean this game got around only one year of development. Perhaps Ultra Smash gave it a boost, though, so if it's like Ultra Smash, but with more stuff, would make a little more sense for the short development time. Either way, that spring release a year after Mario Sports Superstars, I hope, isn't ultimately a bad thing.

I don't think Camelot really did much work on Superstars. Besides adding Baby Mario and Baby Luigi to the game everything is pretty much like a small update. Namco put the game together.

Back