Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

Trunks Mario said:
Superstar Saga had a lot of stupid plot points.
That's what made it fun, though.
One of the bosses is a sentient soda that was brewed via jokes and immediately tries to kill the bros.
It's so stupid, it loops back to being great.

I like how the Fake Beanstar contributed exactly zero to the plot.

Trunks Mario said:
I like how the Fake Beanstar contributed exactly zero to the plot.
Neither Beanstar contributed, really (aside from a Macguffin quest for the former).

Mister Wu said:
I always thought it was deliberately stupid, à la "stupid plot that knows that it is stupid to have some hilariously stupid gags involving Mario & Luigi as well as upbeat soundtrack with basses taken to 11". A game of excesses, just for fun.

I don't mind like stupid for humour sake, thats fine. I think Bowletta is stupid since it doesn't add anything and instead takes stuff away.

ThatGuy62 said:
Neither Beanstar contributed, really (aside from a Macguffin quest for the former).
The real Beanstar was the main driver for the quest, wasn't it? Wasn't it the Macguffin who can grant wishes if it heard the "pure" Peach voice, and it got split apart because the Peach bots were spouting fake voices at it?

The Fake Beanstar, on the other hand, was a "trick" that immediately failed the moment it was used.

So I just found out something amusing.

This series apparently sells like shit in Japan.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised, so many jrpgs there this game just falls into the pile with the rest of em.

Didn't some Mario & Sonic game (I don't remember which one lol) outsold this game in the first week?

Actually this game was at the top of the charts for the first week in Japan.

However it was a slow week (pretty much the only major release) so thats not saying a whole lot.

is this yet another gamebreaking bug or are people just going out of their way to break games

I was pleasantly surprised by Minion Quest. I didn't think much of it before the game came out, but it was a surprisingly enjoyable distraction from the main game. I can't help but shake the feeling, though, that Minion Quest would make a good mobile game. I'm not personally a huge fan of mobile games, but the mode does seem to possess everything that a good mobile game needs. It has short, self-contained levels that let players easily pick up the game for a few minutes, play a level or two, and put it down. Putting together the squads doesn't take all that long, either. Most of the progression either comes through advancing through levels and getting new, more powerful minions or by repetitively grinding in old levels to gain enough experience points to move on. The game uses very few buttons for controls and the controls it does use could probably be easily mapped to a touchscreen. Even microtransactions seem built into the game, as it would be pretty simple to create a system where impatient players could purchase new minions or beans for leveling up from some sort of store without interfering with gameplay.

Yeah, it could work as a decent mobile/eshop game.
Would prefer a Bowser-themed Disgaea or Fire Emblem or something.

I have a burning question, anyone who has the game, can you answer it?

Can you still do this in the remake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIrEi1tlK70

TheSuperStarSaga said:
I have a burning question, anyone who has the game, can you answer it?

Can you still do this in the remake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIrEi1tlK70
Yeah, and you can now do it infinitely if you're by a Heart Block.

How come Mario can potentially injure Luigi with that trick?

Baby Luigi said:
How come Mario can potentially injure Luigi with that trick?
You would be injured too if someone started jumping between your legs. Although the fact that you get coins for murdering Luigi is very irritating.

ThatGuy62 said:
Yeah, it could work as a decent mobile/eshop game.
Below is a completely fake advertisement:
Minion Quest DX, available on the eShop! This version has new levels and minions to recruit! You can even recruit Captain Beanie, an enemy captain that went unused in the original Minion Quest! Plus, if you have the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions game, you will be able to transfer your captains and minions to the new version!

YFJ said:
You would be injured too if someone started jumping between your legs.

If someone starting jumping between my legs, "injured" wouldn't be the feeling I'd describe.

Yeah, I'll make sure to do that...

I took a video when I first did it and left instructions on my userpage on the wiki for how to. I also found a crazy glitch in 64 DS... I'll put that in the random thoughts thread.... or maybe I should make a thread for glitches. Where would that go?

Back