Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Option 4 for me. I like hearing old songs, even as call-backs and not necessarily at the same level as that's close to Option 2 (like one of Bowser's themes from Mario and Luigi: Dream Team being similar to the Giant Battle theme from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story was something I liked), but I don't like when developers use older themes almost entirely or even a good deal of the time as an excuse for unoriginality and not trying something new.

HEY!

I prefer mainly new motifs. I'm so sick of the underground theme at this point, give me a better tune.
Yay someone who finally agrees with me

Really depends for me. Some classic songs really dont get the attention they deserve, so it just kinda hits me like a truck whenever they remix it or something

i do also like getting new motifs, like, bowsers leitmotif in origami king is great, it feels like its royal and all that yet it fits bowser, really hope they give the characters we all know and love leitmotifs like that more often

Late but: Option 1, but it depends on which songs. I wish Nintendo would arrange more of their lesser known but well-loved songs, like Dire Dire Docks (which I'm surprised hasn't happened yet) or Super Mario Land's music, instead of the ground theme, underground theme etc. for the 100th+ time.

Like the Kirby series. Even with some great new songs, the amount of musical nods in that series is insane.

NEW POOL

d2riszt-d8a9a39b-9b7b-4f7e-8aef-582ed16adac7.gif

Nintendo often uses sprites from Super Mario Bros. in merchandise and promotional material. Do you like these sprites being used?
  • Yes, I like seeing these sprites being used.
  • I like seeing old sprites being used, but would prefer to see them from games besides Super Mario Bros.
  • I like seeing these sprites occasionally but would prefer them to be used less frequently.
  • No, I would prefer Nintendo to stick their modern artstyle and imagery.
  • I have no opinion on this subject.

8 bit mario is ugly and stupid so number 4 would be my pick

Option 2 for me, the SMB sprites at this point feel overused and really cliche, and honestly they were never really that great if you ask me. Pretty much all of the subsequent platformers with sprites (I'd say the original Super Mario Land is the only exception here) did it better in my opinion. Personally I'd like to see SMB3 get some love.

Option 2 for me, the SMB sprites at this point feel overused and really cliche, and honestly they were never really that great if you ask me. Pretty much all of the subsequent platformers with sprites (I'd say the original Super Mario Land is the only exception here) did it better in my opinion. Personally I'd like to see SMB3 get some love.
Option 2, I agree with this

Option 3. It's fine if you put a sprite on a shirt or other clothing item, but the amiibo of 8-bit Mario looks very creepy. Plus, it'll mostly appeal to retro fans who don't play the games that often anymore.

I ended up voting Option 5 as the closest to how I felt as my answer would have been none of the first four, but that I like seeing sprites from Super Mario Bros. sometimes, but would also like to see sprites from newer games, too. An interesting fact is that my opinion here was actually an option being considered but was ultimately rejected by Ray Trace as that was a point of strong disagreement between us.

Idk if this is related but when it comes to print merchandise, almost all are terrible. It's almost all 8 bit, and when it's not, it's lazy overused renders over a basic color bg.

Polls.......................................................................

You want 'em? I got 'em.

ddmboc3-65cca47b-8e2d-47ad-9433-14314281cd37.gif

What is your opinion on the price of the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion?

• I think this is a reasonable price, and I plan on purchasing the expansion.
  • I think this is a reasonable price, but I will only purchase the expansion if more content is added.
  • I think this is a reasonable price, but I do not plan on purchasing the expansion.
  • I think this is an unreasonable price, but I still plan on purchasing the expansion.
  • I think this price is unreasonable, even most likely with additions, but will likely purchase the expansion if more content is added.
  • I think this is an unreasonable price, and I do not plan on purchasing the expansion.
  • I have no opinion on the price.

(i'm ray trace btw)

The price for this expansion is a very big request and I cannot see myself getting it unless it's shared. There aren't enough Nintendo 64 games to justify this, and the amount of Sega Genesis games is not very big to justify this. It's certainly true when people say that only those who wants the new Animal Crossing DLC would find value in it, especially for a family shared between multiple systems.

Perhaps it it comes with other features would it only be worth the asking price, like perhaps free games (not game trials) or better discounts, and of course potential expansion packs.

Thank you for reading.

Wny would I need another way to play Sonic 2 if I already own Sega Genesis Classics and the SEGA AGES port

I don't use online, so I have no opinion on this subject.

@Reigen Arataka Out of curiosity was the new poll implemented late yesterday or early today? It's just interesting considering how you posted in this thread right after 12 AM so I can't tell

Anyway I voted Option 5/"I think this price is unreasonable, even most likely with additions, but will likely purchase the expansion if more content is added." here; I think $50 a year is too much no matter what unless Nintendo adds something that good, like GameCube games, Wii games, and Wii U games for the expansion, including the option to still buy those games individually on the eShop for individual prices even without the expansion, so I am probably not going to get the expansion if I start using Switch Online.

Option 6

The price is way too high for whatever content there is at the moment, and even so I still feel like it is unreasonable for how subpar this service is overall. I will stick to the regular NSO subscription.

They could have at least offered a 1 month option for the expansion pack.

Option 6.

Reactions: JC.
Out of curiosity was the new poll implemented late yesterday or early today?

Late yesterday as far as I'm concerned, I was at work all day from 10 am to 9 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back