Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Fun fact:
In The original Paper Mario (N64), during the cutscene where Peach's Castle gets pulled from the ground and up to the heavens, you can actually barely see Goombario running away from the castle.
Here's a picture btw:
Screenshot 2021-11-21 075114.png

If you stop in MK8D's Aqua Cup ride at Water Park you'll hear Boo's Merry Go Round music playing from the ride.
The wiki already knows this however..

The term "Megavitamin" is hardly used in the Dr. Mario games. In every manual or tutorial for every Dr. Mario game that I can find, it's either "vitamins", "capsules", or "vitamin capsules". The modern games even used "capsule". The only time Megavitamin is ever used in the series is in Dr. Mario 64, which only appears in Story Mode. We likely took this for granted, because (1) Super Smash Bros. series widely used the term to refer to the capsules, and (2) the Mario Wiki used this term to refer to the capsules at the official page. Super Smash Bros. is even the more popular series, so it's probably why people assumed they are called Megavitamins.

Thank you for reading.

That article absolutely should be moved to capsule, that's the term Dr. Mario World uses and that's the most recent entry.

As far as Mario games go, Dr. Luigi is the only game that celebrates Year of Luigi, and somebody on Discord joked that a 100 years later, historians would only know it existed from this game. I believe that this is universal across all localisations. Here are a few segments where it is acknowledged:
1645463708451.png
200px-Dr._Luigi_-_The_Year_of_Luigi_Pedestal.png
1645463686135.png

(The first image is one of the splash screens, after the game loaded)

Also, in Operation L (the mode with L-capsules), clearing a line will cause Luigi's cap (as depicted in Year of Luigi) to pop up. The higher the chain, the larger the hats are:
1645463575283.png
1645463592500.png

Thank you for reading.

This is Wario forcing Waluigi to jump the gun, in the meantime. This is while Mario stares at the majestic low-res clouds.

799px-JumpTheGun.png

I love how the easy CPUs act completely braindead in this minigame when they're the ones shooting the cannon lol.

Wario had a bad experience at a Target store and now he seeks to search and destroy all targets.

I mean SURGE AND DESTROY.

799px-SurgeDestoryScary.png

There is a series of videos where Mario has to save Luigi from falling in the lava, by answering the quiz correctly. Here's one:

There are two other possibilities, where Mario got the wrong answer once...

And another where he got the wrong answer twice, resulting in Luigi getting scorched.

Thank you for reading.

The music of the Cups in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 that also appeared in the first game actually differ in both games. As an example, the beat in Mario Cup changes from a kick to a faster more breakbeat-like sound, and a section is added at 1:26 before looping.

Koopa The Quick might be based on either we wouldn't expect a turtle to be "quick" or the classic The Tortoise and The Hare story, especially considering they were considering his role to be taken by a rabbit in development

I like how in the Mario Tennis Bloopers, characters sound different in the retakes. I particularly like how Waluigi's "Wait for me!", normally emoted with urgency in the opening, is a lot more hasty and careless in the blooper version. He even goes like "nenenene, ah wait for me" like he's so sick of these retakes.

Mario Party 10 E3 2014 footage. At the 3:35 mark, they play the minigame Cheep Cheep Leap, and you'll notice that the music for this minigame is different. Originally, this minigame was going to have the music Gentle Sea Breeze play. In the final product, the Starman theme plays instead.

And you know what? I would've preferred that they didn't change the music. Gentle Sea Breeze is one of my favorite minigame themes from Mario Party 10 while the Starman theme is super repetitive, and to have to listen to that for 30 seconds is just ugh. It's one of those themes that you've already listened to a thousand times and you just get tired of it (I do, at least).

Cyan, Yellow, and White Yoshi emblems have outlines around the spots. Only these three.
Screenshot_20220818-223844_Chrome.jpg

It's hard to tell in-game, but those axles on the Daytripper have a rather interesting feature on them.

Daytripper-Yoshi.png

But the recent high-res models that got uploaded to the wiki revealed the truth to me.

Daytripper_(Mario)_Model.png
Daytripper_(Luigi)_Model.png
Daytripper_(Peach)_Model.png
Daytripper_(Daisy)_Model.png
Daytripper_(Yoshi)_Model.png
Daytripper_(Birdo)_Model.png
Daytripper_(Diddy_Kong)_Model.png
Daytripper_(Bowser_Jr)_Model.png
Daytripper_(Medium_Male_Mii)_Model.png
Daytripper_(Medium_Female_Mii)_Model.png

Though heavily associated with Peach, those flowers point to Daisy as the inspiration for the Daytripper.
1664684537485.png

Attachments

• 1664684152672.png
    1664684152672.png
    341.8 KB · Views: 44
The Daytripper is my favorite kart from Mario Kart Wii as well!

The music from Mario Party 10 that plays when you finish a round of Bowser Party is the Music Box track from Super Mario Bros. 3! I'm a big Mario Party 10 fan and have played Bowser Party plenty of times before, how have I never noticed this before? Probably because I don't pay much attention to SMB3 or its soundtrack and forgot that track even exists.

Wow, look at Mario Party 10 referencing the old classics!

Back