Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

What if instead the newcomer themselves was blown up in their own reveal trailer, that would be funny, I think

It's okay rendition but the music doesn't sound heavy enough imo, it doesn't really mesh well with the SFX since it sounds so.... "light". Also, not sure why the vocals were added midway; they go away as soon as they come.

There's a lot of Ultimate's renditions I don't like. They butchered Snake Eater by increasing its tempo and they gutted a lot of City Trial.

Maybe I'm just an old fart who just isn't as impressed by VGM as I was used to.

idk how popular that one is but i dont like the stickerbrush symphony remix (or whatever it is) either. at least last time i listened to it my brain had trouble recognizing it as stickerbrush symphony even though i know it IS that. idk if that makes any sense but its weird
tropical freeze had a better version of it that is also slightly faster paced and much more recoginzeable as stickerbrush symphony (https://www.mariowiki.com/Twilight_Terror)

I can understand the inability to recognise it as Stickerbrush Symphony, though I personally wouldn't say that makes it an inherently bad song.

Banjo & Kazooie, Min Min and Steve are kinda boring to me, on par with Byleth.

The waifu crowd is so significant that Nintendo didn't know what was coming when they added Pyra/Mythra

Speaking of those two, I want to see Jin playable

Game and Watch isn't a nom nom fighter tho. Thinner than a twig, and that's saying a lot since Piranha Plant IS a twig.

I've seen people shitting on 75M and Great Cave Offensive a lot when it comes to bad stages but to me, they're perfectly fine and playable stages. I actually even like 75M quite a bit, I find it pretty fun to play on generally speaking (love that low upper blast zone, means more Star KO goodness), but I do get why people gripe about it, ladders can interfere with navigation a bunch and the hazards kill ridiculously early (I prefer the 4 version where they phase through you rather than hitlag because you can easily get hit twice by them and that usually means a death sentence). And Great Cave Offensive's lava is fun, plus the low upper blast line makes for funny KOs too, but yeah the bottom parts of the stage can easily be ignored, if only respawn points are random throughout the stage so those portions don't feel like a waste of space.

Palutena's Temple is...I don't really like playing on it at all and I dread it slightly when it comes up on random, even with 8 player Smash chaoticness, especially when you're using a slow, tanky character (also equipped with the tank style spirit). It takes forever to kill anyone because of the immense size of the stage and the multiple caves of lifes (especially on the bottom left area) and CPUs on that stage don't really seem interested in fighting you as much as they...just wander about, causing this stage to be a cat and mouse fight even with 8 characters. I like when stage morph morphs between a tiny stage and the huge ass temple but that's practically it. I like picking it when I want to meme myself chasing after one particular CPU and trying to survive on just one stock in a 17 minute match to the end, but that's about it, I don't generally pick it often because it's simply not as fun as other stages, including 75m, New Pork City, Great Cave Offensive, and Hyrule Temple.

I wish that there was a way to listen to just the Blue Skies, White Clouds portion of the Paper Mario Medley music when playing on a Mario stage. I love Blue Skies White Clouds, it's super catchy and I wish that I could only listen to it during gameplay.

I don't like the other two pieces of music. I've never played The Thousand Year Door and have no interest in its soundtrack.

The SMB3 Airship theme bores me. It's one of those themes that you've probably already heard a thousand times because it keeps getting reused, and you get tired of it (I do, at least).

This is gonna be the dumbest and most niche one here but I miss how they did Luigi's overalls in brawl, they're slightly too tall for him so the ends are rolled up so he doesn't trip. IDK it just fits is character really well and is up there with the striped socks as Luigi design elements I like way too much

Back