Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

I like both Norfair and Pyrosphere in Smash 4.

I think they're far more fun in 8-player Smash, but I think that applies for every stage to me. If only Pyrosphere has hazards enabled for 8-player Smash, it would be really nice and dandy. Norfair might also be really fun with hazards on.

When you look at Donkey Kong on the screenshot below, he definitely looks like he needs to be using Takashi Nagasako's voice portrayal of him.

Smash.4_-_New_Bat_01.jpg

He needs Takashi Nagasako everywhere.

I don't think it's unpopular to say that DK's voice in Brawl and Smash 4 is garbage.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I don't think it's unpopular to say that DK's voice in Brawl and Smash 4 is garbage.

Brawl is understandable with its more realistic approach, but in Smash 3DS / Wii U, not so much. Brawl Bowser doesn't look too fitting to be using Kenny James's voice portrayal of him, but there's no excuse for not using it for Bowser's Smash 3DS / Wii U incarnation.

i don't understand the hype around takamaru

i thought everyone was tired of anime sword people

He's special because he probably sent out the most applications to be a Smash character. That kind of dedication has got to mean something.

We know for certain that Sakurai has considered him at least twice. Once for Melee and once for Smash 4. His decision to exclude him mostly stemmed from him being Japan exclusive. Keep in mind that Sakurai finalized the Smash 4 roster (aside from the clones) in 2012. In 2013 his game got localized, and said game was also represented in Nintendo Land. he's suddenly a lot more relevant. In Smash 4 he even got an assist trophy and a Mii fighter costume. I honestly feel like Takamaru is the most likely retro rep for this new game.

Pfft, that's probably because we littered that stage with an inside joke.

I want them to get rid of Mario's growing taunt.

Why? Because I want all taunts to last the same amount of short time and not make you a giant target. I once accidentally hit that taunt and it really screwed me up.

Also, I really like to taunt after I K.O. someone and that's a taunt I can't use because by the time it finishes it's animation my opponent has respawned and will attack this big target.

And I know what you are going to say "Just use Mario's other taunts then!" Well... they're kind of lame. The dieing animation from Donkey Kong? Really? Why would I want to show Mario getting killed as a "Haha! I KO'd you!" It makes no sense.

Mario's taunts need an overhaul.

I want ALL taunts be on the same caliber as Melee Kirby's taunts.

IMO I think Mario looks annoying when he's spinning around and landing on his back. It's like he's mocking YOU dying, in a way... The least they can do have Mario make an annoying noise.

Anyway, some taunting ideas:
Make Mario do a pretend sneeze (my voice mod makes him do that pretend-sneeze from Mario Golf Toadstool Tour whenever he up-smashes).
Have Mario thank the player so much for to playing his game (my voice mod makes him say this when d-smashing).
"It's-a me, Mario!" *strikes a pose*
If you really want to be annoying, have Mario talk excessively as if he's at the sports conference.
Have him do the Power Moon Get animation. If you think Super Mario Odyssey's saturated with Power Moons, now Smash too can be saturated with Power Moons.
This as a taunt
_animated___i_believe_i_can_fly_like_a_birdie_by_leftygreenmario-d64m7xu.gif

On another note, someone needs to mod this as Luigi's taunt

Oh, have you noticed that the Mario characters never ever say their own name in Smash? Make him and Luigi say their own name in some way when they win.

Princess Mario said:
I want ALL taunts be on the same caliber as Melee Kirby's taunts.

IMO I think Mario looks annoying when he's spinning around and landing on his back. It's like he's mocking YOU dying, in a way... The least they can do have Mario make an annoying noise.

Anyway, some taunting ideas:
Make Mario do a pretend sneeze (my voice mod makes him do that pretend-sneeze from Mario Golf Toadstool Tour whenever he up-smashes).
Have Mario thank the player so much for to playing his game (my voice mod makes him say this when d-smashing).
"It's-a me, Mario!" *strikes a pose*
If you really want to be annoying, have Mario talk excessively as if he's at the sports conference.
Have him do the Power Moon Get animation. If you think Super Mario Odyssey's saturated with Power Moons, now Smash too can be saturated with Power Moons.
This as a taunt
_animated___i_believe_i_can_fly_like_a_birdie_by_leftygreenmario-d64m7xu.gif

On another note, someone needs to mod this as Luigi's taunt

Oh, have you noticed that the Mario characters never ever say their own name in Smash? Make him and Luigi say their own name in some way when they win.
You forgot to add "Hey stinky!" in there.
Also it's a shame Petey's not playable because I love his jig in Mario Golf.

Oh boy, I like "Hey stinky". But he needs to animate. What is he going to do? Hold up his nose and wave his hat?

If Petey gets a taunt, there HAS to be the limbo from Mario Strikers Charged.

Even though it's widely known that Masahiro Sakurai is instrumental to the Smash series since he IS the one who worked on the games, I felt that Satoru Iwata should also be credited as an instrumental figure for the previous Smash games. Reason for saying this is how Iwata didn't get his own article on Super Smash Wiki until after his passing, so I presume that his contributions are taken for granted.

Thank you for reading.

I like the Yellow Devil stage hazard, but probably because I play in these strange settings. I imagine in 1 v 1, he's not so great.

I love using Mr. Game & Watch's Oil Panic, and Lucas's PSI Magnet, and my Mii Gunner's energy absorbing move whenever Yellow Devil comes down. Free ammo and free health. I'm not gonna turn either down!

I like Icicle Mountain. The only problem I have with it is when it speeds up. If that was removed, it'd be a fun stage since I think you can still fight well enough when it's scrolling slowly.

Propeller Knight said:
I still like PAC-LAND.

Ironically or unironically

Smash Bros.' style is unnerving for me, like it's trying to be both ridiculous or serious and it can't really make up its mind

Back