What are you listening to right now? (PLEASE put videos behind spoiler tags)

Aah, Krypteria. Believe me or not, I discovered it thanks to one of your posts here, and their song "Get The Hell Out Of My Way" has been replayed many a time since, I assure you. While I find the lyrics of that particular song to be a bit edgy, it was the unique melody that I couldn't get enough of. Though, as with any songs that I love, including the two I posted above, playing it so many times made me hate it eventually, lol.

Speaking of power metal, I used to listen to Man'o'war a lot. I know, that's like the lowest common denominator of the genre, but can you blame me? It's a good band, or so I thought last time I heard their songs.

Also, regarding Nightwish, I must say I'm only familiar with the stuff they did when Tarja, the lead singer, was still a part of them. Their rendition of Phantom of the Opera is sublime.

Last edited:
Aah, Krypteria. Believe me or not, I discovered it thanks to one of your posts here, and their song "Get The Hell Out Of My Way" has been replayed many a time since, I assure you. While I find the lyrics of that particular song to be a bit edgy, it was the unique melody that I couldn't get enough of. Though, as with any songs that I love, including the two I posted above, playing it so many times made me hate it eventually, lol.

Speaking of power metal, I used to listen to Man'o'war a lot. I know, that's like the lowest common denominator of the genre, but can you blame me? It's a good band, or so I thought last time I heard their songs.

Also, regarding Nightwish, I must say I'm only familiar with the stuff they did when Tarja, the lead singer, was still a part of them. Their rendition of Phantom of the Opera is sublime.

They have two variants of Get The Hell Out Of My Way, one from their earlier album, Liberatio, and their later version of it in All Beauty Must Die, which is more developed and enjoyable imo. But I'm so glad you found Krypteria, they're amazing! My sister recommended Epica, but in fact I was the one who got her into it (though my sister was the one who got me into Krypteria by putting Victoria in Smash Bros. The first Epica album I listened to was Holographic Principle, and I liked how that album has both heavy metal and acoustic variations.

I could've sworn Green Day are British. I mean, listen to the way the singer says "holiday": "HAL-EH-DSAE".

Here's something from an actual British band:

Well there's a lot of accents within the U.S. The band is apparently from the west coast so. I mean the "holiday" pronunciation sounds like how I'd pronounce it if I were singing it.

Burnout Paradise got me into this piece.

I cannot stress how much I like the Sims original soundtracks, this is from the first installment of the series and its soundtrack is still very good to listen to. The Sims: Hot Date has a jazz theme around it, The Sims Superstar is more techno, Makin' Magic is more mysterious orchestra to convey witches, etc.

Dream Theater is soooo gooooood. So much going on in this track, but it's all awesome 8 minutes.

Back