Mario Golf: World Tour

My fellow 'Muricans (and whoever else didn't have it), the demo is on the eShop.

Played it. Liked it. I got pars on pretty much everything, so I could probably improve. I'm not very good at judging the right angle so I usually would miss when I had a chance at anything better than a par.

I'll probably pre-order this in a few days, just before it's released.

i also played the demo, and i enjoyed it more than i expected. i mostly got either pars or bogeys, but sometimes i did better. my biggest problem i think was at the end of a hole, i always either didn't use enough power, or the ball would just slightly turn away from the hole.

i might try and buy this when it comes out. i guess it'll depend on how much money i have at the time

That Ring Master thing was kind of challenging, but it felt rewarding to complete it. I need to work on better judging the slant of the green. I missed most birdie putts I tried to make.

I didn't find any of them particlarly challenging. I never went below Par and the thing I really needed to work on was my putts since literally everytime I was lined up for a birdie (9/11 of my shots) I would be a little short. I figure I have to go a little beyond the flagpole and take the shot.

And suddenly demo talk. If I recall right, in all but one of the courses (I'm pretty sure it was the third one in Yoshi Lake) did I get Birdies, and the Star Coin Challenge was the hardest thing there, though it was still pretty easy, just a tad bit specific.

Ring Master felt more like a puzzle, and I ended up forgetting about one of the rings the first time. As said before though, it was rewarding to beat, for me that was because it was more of a puzzle.

Personally, the demo sold me and I'll probably get the game as soon as I can (which should be a few days after release).

Crackin355 said:
I honestly think Gold Mario is a clever addition. He doubles as a character and is an easy way to make money, just like in NSMB2.

Also, it means that the Gold Power-up isn't just going to be forgotten about after one game.

Gold Mario had appeared before anyway, but only as one of Metal Mario's recolors in Mario Golf 64.

Yeah, Yoshi Lake was my worst course, mainly because I was still having issues with backspin/topspin.

Anser said:
Hypochondriac Mario said:
Meh, the game looks lame, and the roster is bleh. Kamek, Paratroopa, and Nabbit are stupid additions, especially in such a limited roster.

Castle Club sounds depressingly boring and removes the emphasis and appeal of a Mario game, emphasizing on some bland, humanoid, factory-made template.

But it has Mario and Gold Mario :| I'd like to ask who you would have added and cut.
I know, it has the best character and his friend, which is just like the glorious metallic ripoff of Mario Kart 7, 8, and Golf 64. However, I don't like the emphasis of Castle Club, so I feel I won't be playing the game for what it's worth. It's probably on my "to-be-pirated"list, however.

I'd rather have Paratroopa and Kamek cut for Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. Nabbit can just die... so maybe Petey Piranha can come back.

Ulrich said:
Baby Luigi said:
Toadette as a playable character? Dude, Camelot, why do want me to persuade me to shed my cash for this game? WHYYYY?????

I am in the same boat now.
Because they've realized that by throwing in one character you will buy the game for reasons that science can't explain to me.

Jack McCoy said:
Because they've realized that by throwing in one character you will buy the game for reasons that science can't explain to me.

Or that you totally don't completely grasp the concept of what people like or don't like.

Baby Luigi said:
Jack McCoy said:

Or that you totally don't completely grasp the concept of what people like or don't like.
We both know that for the most part it doesn't matter who the fuck is in there as long as mario, luigi, yoshi, and Bowser are in the game most people will buy it

Jack McCoy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Jack McCoy said:

We both know that for the most part it doesn't matter who the fuck is in there as long as mario, luigi, yoshi, and Bowser are in the game most people will buy it
I've learnt not to question how one character can make or break a game.

Mario's being playable can make or break the game for me, especially if it's a good game.

Wait just one second, I just realized something...

Where the hell is Baby Mario in this game? He appeared in Mario Golf 64 and after his recent appearance in Mario Tennis Open, I could've sworn he would appear in this!

Baby Mario is Mario and the previous Mario is now Gold Mario.

The Gold covers up the old man face. The other characters don't age because they're immortal.

Crackin355 said:
Baby Mario is Mario and the previous Mario is now Gold Mario.

The Gold covers up the old man face. The other characters don't age because they're immortal.
What game are you thinking of? Because we have Metal Mario and Shadow Mario to contend with as well.

Does anyone know if the Tournament versions of the songs from the Nintendo 64 courses are also returning? Toad Tournament and Shy Guy International are too epic and I hope they return too.

Okay, I don't know about you folks - but in terms of the "celebrations" for this game - they are EXTREMELY unique. Even the "BIRDIE/EAGLE/ALBATROSS/HOLE-IN-ONE" moments are emphasized in some way (especially in terms of the Mario characters themselves).

This may be bias talking, but the Mario girls = win again on this one. Especially in the case of Princess Peach and Princess Daisy.

Honorable mention goes to Toadette's because of how cute her celebrations look.

Aww, Rosalina still wears her normal dress. :( I was hoping they were going to give her a sports outfit like they usually do for Peach and Daisy (though I much prefer Daisy's previous sports outfit with the shorts).

DaisyCrazy14 said:
Aww, Rosalina still wears her normal dress. :( I was hoping they were going to give her a sports outfit like they usually do for Peach and Daisy (though I much prefer Daisy's previous sports outfit with the shorts).

Still not a total loss because I see where they're coming from in the case of Rosalina. I mean, if we're representing her, she's STILL using her wand to handle the golf club! *rotfl*

Baby Luigi said:
Toadette as a playable character? Dude, Camelot, why do want me to persuade me to shed my cash for this game? WHYYYY?????

I'm not shedding my cash. Why? I'm not getting the game.

What? IGN gave this... a GOOD review? The world has come to an end.

Luxio said:
What? IGN gave this... a GOOD review? The world has come to an end.

IGN usually gives Mario games good reviews these days though

Back