Mario Golf: World Tour

You can't compare the two. They're both good installments of their respective series, though.

The best post-hole animation is the double bogey.

...I'd like to see some of them.

And no, I don't want to buy this stupid game.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
The best post-hole animation is the double bogey.

...I'd like to see some of them.

And no, I don't want to buy this stupid game.

Why stupid? I think it looks great, and very fun.

So apparently the unlocking criteria is to just collect 40, 45, 50 and 55 Challenge Coins respectively. Speed Golf, Ring Master and other modes are completely useless.

Did they even try?

It doesn't appeal to me. I won't touch Castle Run because it sounds very unappealing, and I fear that I'll miss a big part of the game due to this.

Anser said:
So apparently the unlocking criteria is to just collect 40, 45, 50 and 55 Challenge Coins respectively. Speed Golf, Ring Master and other modes are completely useless.

The unlocking criteria for what?

Mario4Ever said:
Anser said:

Characters I assume.

Mario4Ever said:
Anser said:

Characters, Toad being the easiest one to unlock and Birdo being the hardest.

If the other characters work like Daisy does, apparently Star Characters are unlocked by beating them in character matches from the Challenges menu.

I wish they would bring back alternate costumes like in Mario Golf 64 for future installments.

Does anyone know if there's a way to deactivate items? I mean, to play without them and play just pure golf?

They can be disabled in multiplayer, haven't checked single-player.

EDIT: Yes, you can turn them off when you're setting up (e.g. selecting a course to play on and whatnot).

Played the demo yesterday. Don't know if i'm gonna buy this game

I was really hoping I'd get this game come release weekend but the finances were against me on this one. Hopefully I can get this before the release week of Mario Kart 8 here.

I hope I'm not the only one who's planning on representing all of the Mario girls here in this game.

I haven't unlocked all the Mario courses yet, but are there any par 6 holes or does one have to get an albatross on a par 5 course instead?

Mario4Ever said:
Rocket '3Koon said:
already got my first hole-in-one

8)

Which course?
Forest.

Glaceon said:
I haven't unlocked all the Mario courses yet, but are there any par 6 holes or does one have to get an albatross on a par 5 course instead?
Nope. No such thing as a par 6.

That's likely going to be a bit of a pain to get, then, even with items.

By the way, is the Hole in One animation different from the Eagle animation? Unless the full game changed things, Mario's were the same but I don't remember well enough to know for sure.

EDIT: Never mind, I've found out myself.

Glaceon said:
That's likely going to be a bit of a pain to get, then, even with items.

By the way, is the Hole in One animation different from the Eagle animation? Unless the full game changed things, Mario's were the same but I don't remember well enough to know for sure.

EDIT: Never mind, I've found out myself.

Aaaand? Are they different or not?

Yeah, this game looks fun and all, and they did make a good wager with me by adding Rosalina and Toadette in the game, but it's going to be one of those games where if I don't have it, then that's fine. I'll ask for it for my bday/christmas and stuff, but I won't go out of my way to get it. I got more important things to save up for, like MK8, SSB4, etc.

I got this game today. The characters animations are gorgeous.
I laugh how Daisy is the 4th most powerful character, surpassed only by Mario, Donkey Kong and Bowser.

Toothless said:
Cirdec said:
I got this game today. The characters animations are gorgeous.
I laugh how Daisy is the 4th most powerful character, surpassed only by Mario, Donkey Kong and Bowser.
Well my headcanon is that Daisy is much stronger than she looks, so this does not surprise me.
After what she did in Mario Party 3, it's probably more than headcanon.

Back