Mario Golf: World Tour

Anser said:
Could someone please take a picture of the character selection screen? Thanks!
I found this
mgwtcharacterselect.png

EDIT
1382782_652625671459952_7509772250416965248_n.jpg

Great, thanks! So you have to scroll down if you want to choose Toadette, Nabbit, Rosalina or Gold Mario. Interesting. Awkward, but interesting.

Anser said:
Great, thanks! So you have to scroll down if you want to choose Toadette, Nabbit, Rosalina or Gold Mario. Interesting. Awkward, but interesting.
This is a pet peeve of mine in games. I like having all my characters on one screen, thank you very much.

Got the demo for this. Not interesting to me, but that's probably because I don't know the first thing about golf.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Got the demo for this. Not interesting to me, but that's probably because I don't know the first thing about golf.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 will teach you about golf

Super Smash Misty said:
Anser said:
I found this
mgwtcharacterselect.png

EDIT

Wait a second... that menu layout was intended from the start of our Mario Golf: World Tour gameplay sessions? If that is true, then I can only reach one conclusion - they did this with the intention that we'd get the additional content anyway! (via the necessary procedures available)

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:

I didn't know anything about golf and I learned it all from Mario Golf 64 when I was 7. I liked it so much that now I am a golfer myself.

MeritC said:
Super Smash Misty said:
Anser said:
I found this
mgwtcharacterselect.png

EDIT

Wait a second... that menu layout was intended from the start of our Mario Golf: World Tour gameplay sessions? If that is true, then I can only reach one conclusion - they did this with the intention that we'd get the additional content anyway! (via the necessary procedures available)
Duh, it's in their best interest to have people buy the DLC.

Forgot to mention this when it happened, but I actually got another hole in one on Sky Island... it was just during the tournament version of it and it didn't count or give me the animation and only said 0.00m on the score. While I didn't upload that as that run failed, I still find that disappointing, but kind of interesting.

Sorry that I sound very stupid and ask alot, but is 5000 blocks much? I can't see/don't know how much space I have left on my 3DS, but I already have decently many games and I have the standard/original 3DS.

Depends on your SD card. 1 GB is a little more than 8,000 blocks, and if you have a 2 GB SD card, that's a little over 16,000 blocks of total memory, so 5,000 blocks would then take up about a quarter of your memory.

Does anybody have the problem where a par early on (like, the first 3-5 holes) makes you feel like you're going to do bad and urge you to restart while it's early? Because it happens too often.

I did manage to get a -12 on the new world tournament. That was nice. Still haven't done a single thing for castle club besides the tournaments and that one handicap match. Or the other mode that I don't remember the name of. Should I start doing those? I don't know if I can handle too much golfing before I get frustrated with poor performances (fucking bogeys, they are satan incarnate).

Yeah, that happens to me too, except I usually restart after the first 1-3 holes if I get par on them.

And for the record, I'd recommend you get on to doing a few of the Mario Golf mode's challenges first, you unlock some stuff in Castle Club and in general by doing them, but that's still just a recommendation, I cleared Castle Club first, personally.

Castle Club tournaments have gotten me used to my Mii.

So now I find myself using it for everything. I don't mind, but it's just something I seem to do often in games that have good customisation for Mii's.

I just hope Miis don't become too powerful, for the moment with the gear I have, they are weak.

I'm pretty sure my Mii right now has more drive than any of the other characters.

Something like 208m. Google says it's 227 yards for you weird people people that don't use metres.

So I don't know how much effect that has, but I like being able to hit very far so I just use it.

But when you unlock star character, they are far better, star Bowser is the most powerful with 265 meters/290 yards.

Oh really? Nice. How do you unlock them? I'm assuming there's a specific way to do it that isn't a 'play this many games as...' objective.

In Solo mode, challenges, in each course you can challenge a certain character, if you beat it you unlock its star version.

Back