Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I never actually hated Wiggler, even back in Mario Kart 7 I didn't let Wiggler be on the opposing team. I guess I was just salty about my favorite Tour characters not making it in and probably having no chance for the next wave either...

Wiggler is fine, and I will respect it in team races because I have a soft spot for cute characters.

Also, I forgot to mention this but I am bothered by Los Angeles' sky being changed from sunset to daytime. They really need to stop doing that. Don't most tracks already take place during the day? Daytime is boring and we need more nighttime/evening tracks.

They also did this to DS Wario Stadium and 3DS Wuhu Town (both were originally set at nighttime), and I didn't like the change there either.

Also, I forgot to mention this but I am bothered by Los Angeles' sky being changed from sunset to daytime. They really need to stop doing that. Don't most tracks already take place during the day? Daytime is boring and we need more nighttime/evening tracks.

I have an irrational hatred for the cursed orb in the sky keeping us all alive and yeah I agree with this. LA Laps being 34809534% more sun is more realistic but yeah, we need more sunset tracks.

FUUUUNNKKYYYYYYYYYYY

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNKKKKKKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

funkyfunkyfunkyfunkyfunkyfunky

FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUNKYYYYYYYYY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Funky Kong will definitely be my new main

But what about the icons on the select screen? There's only two slots available, unless they put together some characters as alts

Everybody from Mario Kart Wii has been accounted for now, but the presence of Wii Daisy Curcuit does mean major doubts about Wii Rainbow Road showing up.

Everybody from Mario Kart Wii has been accounted for now, but the presence of Wii Daisy Curcuit does mean major doubts about Wii Rainbow Road showing up.
Honestly, I really don't want Wii Rainbow Road in a game that already has four Rainbow Roads in it. Daisy Circuit is a track that people have wanted back for a long time, and it would be a good end to the BCP as you drive into the sunset.

Honestly, I really don't want Wii Rainbow Road in a game that already has four Rainbow Roads in it. Daisy Circuit is a track that people have wanted back for a long time, and it would be a good end to the BCP as you drive into the sunset.

I guess the reason why I was thinking Wii Rainbow Road was because the first half of the Booster Course Pass ended with 3DS Rainbow Road. Surely the second half should finish the same way as the first half.

I remember a leak or something a while back where Nintendo was testing additional foldering of some characters back is Wave 2 or 3, potentially to make room on the roster. I had given up on this once Birdo came out and we saw 5 additional ? marks, but now there was actually something to that with 4 more characters being added.

For months people were speculating it has to be Pauline/Diddy, Diddy/Funky, Funky/Pauline. It was never considered likely that we would get 4 characters, even though there was last evidence of how the Peaches and Marios acted in the game after Wave 2.

Rainbow Road (Wii)
Madrid Drive (Tour)
DK Mountain (GCN)
Daisy Circuit (Wii)
Piranha Plant Cove (Tour)
Bowser Castle 3 (SNES)
Rome Avanti (Tour)
Rosalina's Ice World (3DS)

Excited to race on Rosalina's Ice World, the Wii Rainbow Road and the new Madrid course.

Very excited for DK Mountain and Wii Rainbow Road, as well as Bowser's Castle 3 and Piranha Plant Cove. Rosalina's Ice World is gonna be good too, this is a pretty impressive lineup.

RIP piranha plant pipeway

weird for it to be the only tour tracn omitted, but still a good selection

With that, 11 Mario Kart Wii courses are in this game! I'm surprised by how well-represented Wii gets in this game, where the only courses that didn't make it are Luigi Circuit, Mario Circuit, Toad Factory, Bowser's Castle, and Dry Dry Ruins. Ironically no Battle courses from that game are included (only Luigi's Mansion, Battle Course 1, and Wuhu Town are from the old games).

What's more, Piranha Plant Pipeline is excluded for some reason.

Thank you for reading.

Uggggh they're back to the stupid squares on Rainbow Road

And yes I wanted new vehicle parts too.

Back