Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

10 years of mario kart 8 and the game is still struggling to round up characters that should be regulars by now, like birdo and kamek (and diddy is still not there)

meanwhile Tour is already going for deep cuts like poochy

I want more cars meanwhile
👉👈

It's actually interesting to point out that Wiggler has yet to appear in Mario Kart Tour. But considering that just about everything in the Booster Course Pass is from that very game, it's only a matter of time until Wiggler is in it.

It has LA Laps though!!!!! And I'm really liking how Squeaky Clean Sprint looks too!

Wave 5 is awesome! I'm particularly excited for Daisy Cruiser. Its a fan favorite, and its actually my favorite Double Dash track. I'm also excited about Kamek, Petey and Wiggler being in as it'll had more variety to the game I'm not glad they aren't ramming all koopas in the game. Imagine if we got Chargin' Chuck, Hammer Bro, AND Kamek? I would've been pissed.

As for the character predictions for Wave 6, I'm seeing a lot of people say it'll be Pauline and either Funky or Diddy. Make no bones about it, Funky is a popular character, but that's not really a good enough reason. When I was younger and played MKWii, I sort of viewed Funky as a "joke" character who took Petey's spot. Funky, while he is own monkey, is similar to Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario in that he's essentially DK in clothes. Nintendo in the past always has and always will view Diddy Kong as second fiddle to Donkey Kong in any game he is in, if they have to add another Kong to a game.

I can't think of one instance where, if Donkey Kong was in a spin-off Mario game, that another Kong took Diddy's place. They only time this happened was in Mario Tennis 64 where it was Donkey Kong Jr. as the "second" Kong but that was in 2000, and Diddy started appearing in spin-offs regularly in 2003. One of two things happen in spin-offs: Either Donkey Kong is playable, but Diddy isn't and no other Kong is (like for most of Mario Party) or Diddy is the second playable Kong in the game.

Now, its possible that Funky Kong and Diddy Kong could make it in Wave 6 but I have my own thoughts on why I think Pauline will get in over Funky. But that's another post for another time.

Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I'm not really excited for any of the three new characters in Wave 5...

I'm bummed out that my currently most wanted characters, Dixie Kong and Peachette, have pretty much zero chance of making it in now that there are only two spots left. Diddy and Funky have priority over Dixie, and Peachette is unpopular. Birdo was such a great pick and they were off to a really good start...she's probably going to be the only good pick...

Last edited:
Petey Piranha: Same stats as Metal Mario, but a large body frame.
Wiggler: Same stats as Waluigi, but a medium body frame.

Kind of a curious situation if you asked me.

Also, Kamek has something unique with his horn where if you hold down the horn button, it will make a small noise after the horn.

Actually all characters work like this.

Yeah all characters are like this. There are three horn files.

pSE_HORN_BBLUIGI_ON.dspadpcm - Horn
pSE_HORN_BBLUIGI_ON_SP.dspadpcm - Super Horn
pSE_HORN_BBLUIGI_OFF.dspadpcm - The sound when you release the button.

Surprised that Petey Piranha isn't in the heaviest weight class along with Bowser, Wario, etc.

Also, apparently the Peach Parasol changes colors for Kamek and Wiggler now, too. Since it only changes colors for female characters, then does that mean Kamek and Wiggler are female?

Yeah all characters are like this. There are three horn files.

pSE_HORN_BBLUIGI_ON.dspadpcm - Horn
pSE_HORN_BBLUIGI_ON_SP.dspadpcm - Super Horn
pSE_HORN_BBLUIGI_OFF.dspadpcm - The sound when you release the button.
So for the file labeled OFF, Kamek has a noticeable noise that plays when the button is released.

I haven't seen if any of the other characters have a noise for OFF, I'll test it out.

I mean I know this because I replaced character voices. You can even hear it in my modded videos.

Back