Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
I think TTYD has some catchy tunes (better soundtrack than PM64 and SPM imo) but is nothing compared to the soundtracks of Sticker Star and Color Splash.

Dream Team's soundtrack though...has some of the greatest tunes I've ever heard from a video game.

You Watanabe

Koops, King of Cowards.
Idk something about TTYD's ost just doesn't click to me.

"We're counting on you, Mario" is imo really overrated. I don't think it sounds all that amazing even compared to the other themes in the game. You know what? Super Paper Mario's ost absolutely trumps this one, as much as the game itself is so flawed in so many ways.

Kass

The bird bard himself!
SPM has a pretty good soundtrack. I haven't listened to too much of the other games' soundtracks, but I've liked what I've heard from TTYD.

BlueHairedKoopa

The Procrastinator
My favorite Paper Mario Soundtrack is definitely the first Paper Mario. (I haven't heard sticker star or color splash's music). TTYD is in a kind of close second, and then SPM at a kind of distant third.

Not sure if I have a definitive favorite soundtrack in the Mario and Luigi series. I do like most of the battles themes, overworld themes, mini boss themes, and final boss themes from the first four games. (I'm not sure how Paper Jam fares). I will say that based on what I heard I prefer the original soundtracks for Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside story over the remake's soundtrack.

You Watanabe

Koops, King of Cowards.
As far as PM goes I think Color Splash's ost is stellar. It's so far the only one I've gone out of my way to listen to on Youtube honestly.

Never liked the Tiki Tak Tribe. They're designs aren't interesting and they lack a lot of personality compared to the Kremlings and Snowmads.

The bosses are fun though.

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome Mario
The football players did come back for Super Mario 3D World and was a capturable enemy for Super Mario Odyssey, so it's not a stretch at all to want them in a 2D Mario platformer.

MetaWeegee

Dancing is Forbidden!
The football players did come back for Super Mario 3D World and was a capturable enemy for Super Mario Odyssey, so it's not a stretch at all to want them in a 2D Mario platformer.
I'd only really be interested if their variations returned. That's what really made them, was pretty dissapointed in their 3D World appearance for that reason

WeirdRaptor

Goomba
I love the U.S. "Super Mario Bros 2" and think they need to revisit that style of gameplay again in the future.
"Super Mario Sunshine" is annoying to play.