Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I like the Inside Drifting Bikes in Mario Kart 8. I'm not sure if this is unpopular, but I never see anyone use them so I assume it must be.

Also, while I'm talking about Mario Kart 8, I'd just like to say that it's better then I've previously implied it is, it's not my favourite in the series, but it's still a lot of fun.

I like the inside drifting bikes too, except the Yoshi Bike, that should go in a rubbish heap.

I like the Inside Drifting Bikes in Mario Kart 8. I'm not sure if this is unpopular, but I never see anyone use them so I assume it must be.
The selection is very limited. Sport Bike, Comet, Jet Bike, the Master Cycle, and literal trash is just four in a game with like 20 kart parts. I just prefer the Mach Bike, Sneakster, Dolphin Dasher, Jet Bubble, the Spear, and the lesser inward bikes that I won't name them because they look ugly, to the paltry selection in Mario Kart 8.

It's so sad that Mario Galaxy wasn't a non linear game like SM64. It had a perfect, grand presentation for one.

Also Freezeflame Galaxy is the greatest galaxy.

The 1993 Mario movie isn't all that bad, IMO. It definitely strays quite a lot from the source material and is far from the best film ever, but I honestly enjoyed it for what it was.

I had fun with SMG2. I don't understand why people consider it to be as great as the first game, or why other people even have the balls to say it's better than the first game.

Half the level design is just been there, done that and the music is basically what you've already heard from the first game. The only standouts are Melty Molten Galaxy, Bowser's Galaxy Generator and the Final Bowser Battle.

The hub world is nowhere near as imaginative as Rosalina's Observatory as it's just...a ship the shape of Mario's head. And Luba himself...how do you go from an awesome princess with an emotional childhood backstory to a space version of Patrick Star?!

As for the story itself...should have been the plot to a New Super Mario Bros game. In the first game, Bowser was raining destruction all over the Mushroom Kingdom. Here, he turns big (No explanation, no build up, you just see him bigger) and captures Peach so she could make him a...cake. I know I shouldn't complain, because it seems like a Bowser thing, but that shouldn't be a story for a sequel to an epic Mario game!

Overall, I feel that Galaxy 2 is just a glorified expansion.

I guess it's more prevalent than you think but it's still common to also hear people say "nah it sucks ass" in response.

Half the level design is just been there, done that and the music is basically what you've already heard from the first game. The only standouts are Melty Molten Galaxy, Bowser's Galaxy Generator and the Final Bowser Battle.
People constantly cite Galaxy 2 as a game that built on the first one and had better level design than the first but they never provide any concrete examples of an actual improvement as opposed to just more levels. Not even concept wise Galaxy 2 really does anything different as they rehashed a lot from the first one. Beat Block is one of the few neat things Galaxy 2 introduced but that's hardly enough evidence for the conclusion that Galaxy 2's level design is superior.

Really what settings are people enabling in Galaxy 2 to make it seem so much better than the rehash recycled drivel I've experienced?

I guess it's more prevalent than you think but it's still common to also hear people say "nah it sucks ass" in response.

People constantly cite Galaxy 2 as a game that built on the first one and had better level design than the first but they never provide any concrete examples of an actual improvement as opposed to just more levels. Not even concept wise Galaxy 2 really does anything different as they rehashed a lot from the first one. Beat Block is one of the few neat things Galaxy 2 introduced but that's hardly enough evidence for the conclusion that Galaxy 2's level design is superior.

Really what settings are people enabling in Galaxy 2 to make it seem so much better than the rehash recycled drivel I've experienced?
The main thing I hear about from people with Galaxy 2 is all the levels in World S. So to summarize: Galaxy 2 is superior to the first game because of post-game content.

But not even post-game is that great. Galaxy 2 repeated the problem of the first Galaxy having a ton of filler content post-game. World S was more meaningful than the trial Galaxies, but both games utterly fail and it's not to Galaxy 2's credit for having only marginally better post-game content, which even that is debatable.

I don't even think the Trial galaxies are bad. My least favorite one of them is the Bubble challenge thing and even then I think it has cool things.

And I have absolutely no qualms whatsoever with the motion controls of the star ball or Ray. I don't get why people find them that hard to pick up.

And I am not saying this just to defend my favorite Mario game, I genuinely think this.

I don't like motion controls because it just feels terrible to me compared to using buttons. I can't exactly put my finger onto it but I vastly prefer stick and buttons when controlling Fluzzard or Manta Ray. I didn't have much problems with the ball though.

I never had a problem with the trial galaxies. They were hard, but it didn't feel like it was hard because of bad controls; they just designed them as difficult levels. Personally, I think the controls are fine and most of the dislike from them stems from general dislike of motion controls, which is a fair position to have but they never bothered me personally.

I don't really see what makes World S any sort of pinnacle of level design. It was fine, but not particularly any better than the rest of the game or the first game for that matter.

World S had Stone Shit Galaxy which is terrible. That level is my least favorite part about Beach Bowl Galaxy and I can't believe they made it its own fucking galaxy in 2.

World S is not that great. The only two levels I like from it are the one where you spin to alternate between red and blue walls and GrandMaster. And GrandMaster also has the bullshit Perfect Run.

Boss Blitz was fun I guess? Other than that none of the levels there really are all that great (And yes, Stone shitclone should not have gotten its own galaxy.)

SMG's a really great game but Mario 64 is better aside from the grand space atmosphere and buoy base music and all that. Prove me wrong.

Edit: Ninja'd.

I will prove you wrong by saying Odyssey trounces them all.

Back