the official "u did it" thread

Got a Surface Laptop.

I'm a first cousin once removed now.

In other words my cousin has a kid now. Makes me feel like an uncle or something for the first time.

What an odd feeling.

This was yesterday, but I purchased an eShop card for the first time in my life.

I purchased Shovel Knight, Smash Ultimate's Fighters pass and the Captain Toad Special Episode with it.

Next, a 50$ card that'll get me Hollow Knight, Undertale and Cuphead!

I took my first driving lesson in LONG time. I revved up the car near the max. But eventually I averaged it up to 1 on that meter. The neighbours heard it, they didn't complain due to the revving of the engines is common due to a racing place happening down the road. And also my dogs barked due to it. Luckily the car was in park when I revved up those engines.

I managed to beat my lowest bass record, which was an A0 and I went down to a G0. It isn't easy getting that low.

I signed up for the Air Force. I hope to do my basic training this summer. Yeah my family has served since World War I.

Last night I was at the hospital, standing next to my Gran on my father's side as she passed away from a long illness. Both my Gran on my mother's side and her mother herself have both died in the past three years, so to watch my only living grandma pass away as well was soul destroying.

I'm currently devastated, even though I know she's gone to a better place. She slipped away very peacefully surrounded by the whole family, everyone reminding her how much we loved her. I worry now about my Granddad, as he and her were always together, always reliant on each other. My parents feel like he'll manage, but I just worry so much about him and how he'll manage.

I'm coping myself, just need some time to adjust and deal with the sadness.

Don't worry Neptune, I feel you. I have the very same kind of experience. One monday, my father went to see his father, and my mother had her phone open in a call with him, on loud speaker mode. I overheard my grandfather's voice, as if he was weakening... the next day, when I came back from school, my fears were justified: he had passed. We visited my grandfather shortly after that, and it was heartbreaking to see her cry. I was, like you, worried about her continuation... sure enough, two years later, she got her turn.

May your grandmother rest in peace, man. The pain of losing someone this way. I hope your grandfather manages to live through, and hopefully he has a long time to live left.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my father six years ago. And I'm still sad and depressed from that long ago. I wish your family the best.

I'm really sorry to hear for your loss Neptune. Let us mourn and have a moment of silence together.

That must be tough, Neptune. I lost my paternal grandfather when I was pretty young, and I remember I was sad, but it's been so long that I can't even remember just how sad a time it was. But I was young then and hadn't known him for very long. My maternal grandmother also passed only six months before my birth. But man...losing both your grandmothers in three years? I can't even imagine how bad that must feel. Good luck, Neptune.

Condolences for your loss Neptune. I lost my maternal grandmother in 2014 to a car accident. It was especially hard for my grandfather, but he was able to keep his spirits up by staying active and surrounding himself with loved ones. So if I had any suggestion for your grandfather it would be that. Good luck getting through this :'(

And I'm back. I'm glad it's over and done with. But, it was fun while it lasted. While ultimately the judge ruled not guilty (I was prosecution btw), my team won in presentation points. So yeah, not bad.

As much work as that was, I kinda wish I could do it again. Maybe at some later time, but still.

Qualified for a TV show on Sunday then promptly murdered my sleep schedule on Thursday.

This is what my life has come to.

Whee double post

Won a ping-pong tournament. Somehow. Horrendously failed at the singles tournament, but managed to win the doubles tournament. My partner and I have not played ping-pong regularly in years, so... I have no idea how we pulled that off when literally everyone was so much better than us ^^;

We got Taco Bell cards as a prize, so I asked her out to Taco Bell. Might see Endgame, too. EDIT: Not gonna happen, but Taco Bell still will!

Made my dream Pizza. The Peach Toadstool Pizza.

Back