What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Pokemon Sword
Centiskorch is carrying my team and it's giving me flashbacks of Leavanny carrying my team in my BW2 replay

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
I love this game man
WatchogSmile.png

went to Spriter's Resource to grab some of Vice-Principal Watchog's portrait sprites from a sprite sheet someone had up

Mario Kart Tour.

I played Sonic Robo Blast 2 with my sister. Typical fare of just playing Battle Mode and hunting down our sworn enemies together.
caP9tqF.png

But I took a screenshot of the lineup of our enemies (and the person my sister is playing as), and it just so happens that characters with the all-caps are all clustered together.

GXd4eAN.png

Advance Wars 1

Addicted to this game, having a lot of fun. Goal is to get at least A ranks on missions and I am employing a lot of save states here (only just before I do the mission, so I can replay them instantly), I usually get A ranks but B ranks are common too; actually got a few S ranks here and there! Some missions are tricky though! If I didn't have these states, I guess I would have yielded instead.

I'm up to the Sonja missions and I heard those were tough, so wish me luck!

Last edited:
Super Mario Bros 3Mix. It was an interesting romhack of Mario 3 on NES that added elements from Mario 2 and even some later Mario games.

Rivals of Aether

yeah yeah it's supposed to be a competitive focused game, but I've sank too many hours in decidedly casual noncompetitive play. But HOT DAMN these movesets, even in base game, wouldn't be out of place for a creative newcomer for Smash Bros. Even the Mario ones, even if you think all are just Smash Bros. clones, are fun and creative.

042EBA7A5F1F78470660974E98F490D73DA2E787

This Mario is the most basic, but the spritework has a lot of charm to it. This one's moveset is closest to the Smash Bros. one, with the only differences are, besides engine change (there are no generic grabs in this game; shielding doesn't exist either) and some launch angles/launcher strength/hitbox differences is that Mario's F-Smash has him bring out a hammer instead of lighting his hands on fire. Another difference would be his d-air, which has him ground pounding (while his d-special is good ol fashioned Mario tornado). This is probably the most basic Mario, and you just can't go much wrong with it. I had to make some adjustments though, since some attacks don't feel like they connect well enough (jab combo) and the Hammer and USmash don't launch as far as I expect it to (perhaps due to DI and weird launch angles), but they're easy adjustments.

A7E98DF5C9C074F600D01151E8936FBF82A3317F

This is another Mario with a foundation from Smash Bros. but it's not quite the same. I think the moveset flows better than the first one, so in terms of Smash Bros.-oriented Marios, this one I like slightly more. The sprite work can use a bit of touchup sometimes, as Mario's proportions aren't *quite* matching up at points.
8F595B90D232DA4BBC1D1320198B969564EBB496

But anyhow there are some fun differences. First, like the first Mario, f-smash is a hammer and not a fire explosion. Additionally, his d-air is a simple stomp, kinda like Smash Ultimate Dr. Mario but a lot faster, weaker and more spammy (with Mario Tornado being d-special). His f-tilt is him throwing his cap like Cappy, which is a multi-hit disjoint and launches opponents slightly upward. His u-tilt is actually his headbutt, whereas his u-smash is him doing a strong jump punch which does grant him height. It's like the shoreuken from Ryu. But one aesthetic change I do like is his d-tilt which works the same as his d-tilt in Smash, but they make him do a racoon tail sweep, which I really think should've been a change for Mario in future Smash Bros. games. His side special isn't the cape, but him lunging which is like his lunge move in Super Mario 64 and in Super Mario Sunshine, which he can cancel with a jump or if he lands he can press side special again to do a short hop. My absolute favorite aspect of this Mario is his neutral special, however. He does shoot a fireball, but he can charge if you hold special, and if you're fully charged, your F-smash will be a one-use similar to Smash Mario's F-smash (basically a Mario & Luigi reference!). Or you can shoot one bigger and stronger fireball. OR you can use d-special so the Mario Tornado shoots multiple fireballs. And if you use these moves, then you'll have to charge again. This is a sort of thing I'd really like to see in a Mario moveset in Smash, actually. It does add a little complexity to Mario's otherwise straightforward moveset, but it's not all that complex.

Oh and there's the alts. I like the Shadow Mario one because his f-smash has his hammer replaced with a paintbrush. It's just aesthetic, but it's such a neat change, makes me wonder how Nintendo can really take advantage of echo fighters.

8566BC1767EEF243086951689A581D52F4F5B68C

Another favorite of mine, and it's what gotten me into Rivals of Aether. It's a unique moveset involving both Mario and Luigi. They can switch in and out like Zelda/Sheik but they have a meter which forces them to switch if one side runs out.. but you can fill it with certain moves. This one is a funky moveset and it's not the easiest to immediately learn. My issue with this one is that moves are just unbalanced and need adjustments. For instance, Mario's d-smash is this really slow, laggy, and not powerful water attack (I've changed it to be more ridiculously powerful), and Mario's U-smash, which is a trampoline, can't really connect if he's trying to hit grounded opponents, and there's too much start-up lag to be practical. Both Mario and Luigi's u-tilt are kind of situational too, and they also have hitboxes that have trouble hitting grounded opponents. And then there are some stupid moves like Mario's n-air which is him spinning a hammer around and is a multihit move, but it's soooo spammy and you can link that with d-tilt (he's that Mini Mario and hammer infront of him). Mario's f-air, which can be used to increase the meter, also has kind of ridiculous launching and you can easily string several f-airs for a lot of pain. Luigi's n-air, him bouncing a ball, has a HUGE hitbox and is ridiculously safe to use. I also like Luigi's d-smash (him doing some pose and arches his arms??) for its launch angle but it does kill quite a lot. His usmash (him doing a flip kick) is fast, but not strong enough to consistently kill, and Luigi's f-air is nowhere near as deadly as Mario's f-air, but it works the same. Both have a n-air which are decent off-stage meteor smashes but you have to get really close to land it, so it's not the safest move when you're just trying to fight people. Oh, finally, there's this door move Mario and Luigi can use but I haven't had much use for it since it's not powerful and it's easily canceled the moment you're hit, so that move needs a bit of a rework. It's overall enjoyable but I think there needs more work put into it. I could go more into how the moves work (like f-tilt is a projectile Mario/Luigi throws a shell; neutral special is them throwing very weak fireballs and if you keep throwing them, you'll eventually throw strong fireballs that can temporarily burn opponents and give them gradual damage if they're burnt), but me describing them doesn't do much justice.

But again, with more polish and such, it'll be something that I can see in Smash Bros. as a fun and creative moveset.

BB008E77C826EB31A170CD4050E99F375C39A830

This one is probably the strongest of the Marios. Not balanced. He runs REALLY fast. His u-special kills way too early and it's easy to combo into confirm for instance and he's a freaking beast in the air since he's so fast and his moves are so fast. But this one has some flavor the other Smash Marios lack such as him spawning bullet bills and using POW blocks as D-smash as well as using that wiper mop thing has a utilt and throwing a Nipper plant as a usmash. I haven't used this one as much as others, but it's a nice change of pace from other Marios. But he does feel too strong and it's pretty straightforward especially compared to Mario & Luigi.

A0D4B241AFA470E7C7910FFE647B71E95F9FD3F9

Oh damn this one works well and I feel it's pretty faithful to Origami King. Neutral special opens a treasure chest which has all these arrows, damage increasers, and jump increasers, and you can activate a magic circle (but you can't open the chest again after several seconds). Once you collect a magic circle, opening the treasure chest again can spawn randomly one of the Vellumentals that is triggered if you stand near them and use a command that's different for Vellumental. This is not a conventional moveset either. D-smash, which is Mario hammering the floor, can either be hit one, or you hit D-smash again to have him spin and really launch people. Mario's F-Smash is him using folded Bowser to shoot a projectile, which is laggy but you can combo some moves into it and it's pretty decent edge guarder. You can make Mario grab opponents with sidespecial or string a dash attack into sidespecial to grab and throw them, which is funny, but I've sometimes managed to combo a throw into a F-smash lol. Mario can spawn coins with a successful dair (which works a lot like the dairs I've mentioned for Mario & Luigi and that one Smash Bros.-like Mario) and with d-special, which is that explorer Toad digging up a coin. The coins are supposed to change the timer around, but haven't really noticed too much of a difference.

5F5E99ECB3A4D07F04C221B79D661139555B3C06

Ey, another Paper Mario moveset? This one is from Super Paper Mario. One of my issues with him is that he starts lagging the game if he's kept around for too long; f-smash use is a prime offender, so I avoid f-smash with this one. Anyhow, this is relatively faithful to the game, and all playable characters are featured, generally as part of Mario's smash attacks. Bowser breathing fire is f-smash, Luigi jumping is u-smash, and so on. But there's a great perk I like to this moveset(though borrowed from an existing character, Cuphead), and it's that Mario can switch pixls, which d-special brings up a menu of all the different pixls he can use. Thoreau is default, and, with n-special, he just throws the thing as a projectile, for instance. All of them have a cooldown, so you can't just spam pixls. Anyway if you're a Super Paper Mario fan, the moveset is worth checking out, but I didn't make too much use of it because f-smash just causes my game to lag, though I play mainly on relatively marathon 15+ minute matches, so if you do short matches, then it's probably not a big deal.

4A7E7E2535B0F69AB6292DB68EFB047A849942E6

Unlike other Marios, this one does have a fan made feel to it, but the aerial moves and movement he has are pretty crazy and it's more ridiculous than Smash Bros Mario. The running animation is pretty bad, so I had to make a new one. Anyway, this is still a close range fighter but he has different options. His usmash is an upper cut like the second Mario with the firebrand and such, but his d-special is this leap backward like Zero Suit Samus's leap, and it can even be follow up with a downward kick like Zero Suit Samus (*and then be followed up with his u-air which is like the usual u-airs but it feels spammier somehow. His forward smash is a laggy projectile where he throws cappy and it deals a weird variety of knockback angles. This projectile can be deflected if you're not careful. This one is very fun to use, though I can't see this one being an official Smash Bros. moveset since there are aspects that seem fan-ish to me, such as the aforementioned d-special and his d-air meteor smash. But hey, this one makes better use of fludd which is his recovery and his dsmash.

28ADD95FBCD254C531AA9798AF23132815CE628B

WELL this is Mario's freaking head as a playable character. A Mario Teaches Typing rep. I haven't tried this, but boy this reminds me of how whack some fans with zero budget but with infinite ideas and a powerful customizable foundation can take it that would never be seen in official Smash Bros. in a zillion years. The fans have made freaking playable chess pieces, cars, and rubik's cubes, so maybe this ISN'T that all out of the world as it seems.

D195F8FD16EF738B486579D6843582A63C995685

This is a clear joke mod, but it's fun! And unconventional. Mario has speed that can build up and then gets ridiculously strong and fast once that speed hits maximum (his u-smash has him spawning this giant lockhole like from Super Mario World, but it can get huuuge if his speed is max). Mario can spawn a Skeeter thing which, if left for a while, eventually glows and Mario can jump on it to create a black hole iirc. There's also the u-special which is like his backward long jump spam (and a bob-omb drop? why) Mario is infamous for. It's a completely stupid moveset (and baffling if you're not familiar with "lore" with this thing like I am), but I recommend it either way, just for the stupidity.

83C8351FDB5F8F6C149BDB471990D2F336FD9BF5

I like this one a lot! It's filled to the brim with references. Almost EVERY move is a reference to Super Mario 64. For instance, his roll dodge is the teleport, and it even makes a sound effect. His respawn platform is a miniature floating island from Bob-Omb battlefield. He can long jump (and even do it backward) and even when he lands, he ducks briefly for a landing lag (in the air, it's a lunge), his dash is his kick that even bounces. He can double and even triple jump. His u-special is him flying, which can be canceled if you air dodge or ground pound (like in the game). His f-air, while not a Super Mario 64 reference, does reference his Smash 64 f-air where he spins and kicks forward (how I miss this move, as much as I like the meteor knuckle), while his f-smash is a big punch like in Smash 64. D-tilt is a breakdance, his u-smash is a backward somersault, his u-air is his side somersault. His d-smash is him riding a shell around. His d-special is a Metal Cap, his u-tilt is him holding a star above his head like when he opens a door in Super Mario 64. His air dodge is him spinning and going "boing!" N special is him grabbing and throwing, going "BUH-BYE" (but I hear he's coded to specifically say "So long-eh Bowser" when throwing Bowser characters). When he's hit, he has X eyes. Man if only he could ride a bouncy box, maybe that could be b-air instead. Geez! It's a love letter to fans to Super Mario 64 and I could easily see this as an official Smash Bros. character if Nintendo had the time in the world to do this.

Oh and there are stages too! But Nintendo clearly does creative stages a bit better, so I don't have much to say there. My favorite stage in the game isn't really a Mario-themed stage but a Danganronpa stage complete with executions and seeing your character on the screen when they get killed.

I had to make custom sprites and do a little code edits, but it's worth it to see Peter Griffin get killed lmao.

0eBMgeW.jpg

Oh I'm not even done, I just gotten through Marios I like to play, but it's unbelievable how a casual player like me found so much mileage in a competitive focused game.

Just one thing, though, I modded in voice clips and death clips for Mario myself (barring Speedrunner Mario and Super Mario 64 Mario). Most these characters, by default, make zero voices (though custom sound effects are prevalent for some of these like Paper Mario), similar to the issues people have in that Nickelodeon fighter game, but you wouldn't believe how much personality gets added once the voice clips are working.

I also really don't recommend going online. Not unless you're a masochist.

Last edited:
havent played angry birds space in YEARS so ive decided to finally get around to it today on my phone
and i connected my mouse to it! feels much better like that than with a touch screen

noticed at first a lot of differences compared to angry birds stella (currently more familiar with it bc its the only other one ive played in years) but then i just kinda didnt think much about it. but it is interesting! i like how this game lets you skip to the level completion screen after you pop all the pigs whereas stella forces you to wait for some reason

another difference i noticed is like. Wow this game is like Way stingier with 3 stars??? i managed to get 3 stars on every level up to 1-13 where i couldnt get 3 stars, and then 1-14 where i struggled to even get 2, and getting three stars was just consistently pretty hard from then on. it is interesting though! i dont understand how in the world youre supposed to get 3 stars on some of these levels but it can be enjoyable trying a level over and over and getting higher scores each time (until you randomly stop anyway and then just wonder how you even reached your high score in the first place that still wasnst enough for 3 stars and then give up\) ok i did actually have a ton of fun and i wasnt like, frustrated

also the king pig music is incredible like WOW also im pretty sure most of my playtime so far was just restarting levels over and over ! yeah thats just how i play angry birds now i guess! its admittedly fun so i keep doing it! anyways im gonna be moving onto world 2 tomorrow
this plant is taunting me. i never got to hit it
Screenshot_2021-09-06-22-46-18.jpg

also if you pull the slingshot and then center the bird back to where they were, while angled upside down or sometheting else, you get stuff like this to happen
Screenshot_2021-09-06-22-49-31.jpg

This level has a random gravity field at the top and i also never figured out what that was about
Screenshot_2021-09-06-23-20-47.jpg

i love mario games also at the end of this level the pig ended up accidentally sliding into red who was just laying on the ground, pushed him, and then died and i got 3 stars for it
Screenshot_2021-09-06-23-27-07.jpg
Screenshot_2021-09-06-23-29-44.jpg

scores for the first world so far
Screenshot_2021-09-07-00-51-20.jpg
Screenshot_2021-09-07-00-51-42.jpg
Screenshot_2021-09-07-00-51-50.jpg

Paper Mario: The Origami King

I'm fighting the tape boss right now as the end of the purple streamer was shown, but I'm not sure if afterwards I can hammer the streamer or if there's another catch (there are other panels) like having to somehow go underwater to reach each of the streamer parts that go underwater. Don't spoil it, ironically even though this is in spoilers.

frustrated avian dinosaurs in space video game update
i beat cold cuts
me on discord said:
having just two other birds out not on the slingshot feels like look! Theyre Conversing

conversation topics:
- ueergh
- ehwyeh
- uoour
- O
eggsteroids are fun i found 2 more this time. for some reason these are the levels i remember way more than like any other level in the game?? this breakout reference one has really fun bouncy blocks i love it
also ice bird is surprisingly squeaky i can not get over it
in some level on the last of my numerous atempts at getting 3 stars, i launched the blues, on accident, without even looking, they ended up doing exactly what i needed perfectly and i got 3 stars
the boss theme seriously has no reason to go as hard as it does i love it
anyway my staers here
Screenshot_2021-09-09-00-06-27.jpg
Screenshot_2021-09-09-00-06-36.jpg
Screenshot_2021-09-09-00-06-45.jpg

The Sims 4

09-10-21_5-07-24 AM.png

My gardener had been stuck in my garden for like 15 hours and was hungry, tired, and had soiled herself.

IDK why she didn't just like...leave, the exit is right over there.

You know, I haven't posted in this thread in a really long time, so I guess I'll talk about a few highlights of the year in terms of what I've played:

Beaten 2 games from what I can remember: Super Metroid and Rayman Legends. Both games I absolutely adored. Might post more detailed reviews for them in the "I just beat" thread, but for now, they both get a 9/10, and I'd love to play them again someday.

Got around to playing Donkey Kong 64, the main problem is definitely having to backtrack to a kong barrel every time there's something you can't do with the kong you're using, it's tedious and sluggish, especially with how big the worlds are. not even the portals help that much sadly. But I'm liking it so far. Haven't beaten it and I've only gotten to Gloomy Galleon, I just got a little bored of the game. I'll try to go back to it and beat it in the near future

While we're on the subject of collectathons, I've also started playing Yooka-Laylee for the first time. Despite the controversial reception it got, I'm enjoying it so far. The problems however are similar to dk64, where the levels are too big and there's backtracking involved, this time with no way to fast travel sadly :sad:. I can't say which one I prefer so far, this or dk64, but I certainly prefer the first 2 banjo games over them. Either way, I've mostly stopped playing because of school, and I'll gladly continue my playthrough next time I get the chance.

Guess I'll end it off with some quick reviews of games I don't have much to say about:

-Overcooked 2: Pretty fun, but I can't find out how to connect controllers to my pc thus I can only play it in single player for the time being. Oh well
-Super Princess Peach: Not a lotta people talk about this one, and that's a shame. The game looks pretty, the music slaps, and the game itself, while really easy, is quite fun.
-Conker's Bad Fur Day: Not sure if I've already posted about it, but this game rocks. I'm quite a fan of the mature themes and the writing is great. Although it falters in the gameplay...
-Mario Kart Tour: gave it another shot this year, and while it can be pretty fun, I decided to stop again since the REALLY bad issues were hindering my enjoyment quite a bit. At least I had some fun revisiting this game...
-DK King of Swing: Only played about 30 minutes of this on a friends gba, but it's pretty fun and kinda underrated. It's pretty hard too, and that's what I like in my games.
-Miitopia: While I've only played the demo, I'm already in love with this game. You can make anyone anything, and even outside of that, the combat is really fun and creative. Definitely getting the full game when I can.
-WarioWare Get It Together: Another game I've only played the demo of, and also another game I already love. Also gonna get that game asap.
-Super Mario Sunshine: I made the mistake of 100%ing this game........i need help............outside of that, I appreciate the high difficulty and this game was a fun challenge overall. Just............don't ever make me 100% it ever again................
-Super Mario 3d All Stars: Not exactly a game, and heck I even played sunshine through the collection, but while I think it's a lazy way of nostalia bait, just being able to play the games on the switch is amazing. I also need to iterate that Mario Galaxy looks GORGEOUS on the switch! It was such a feast to the eyes that I decided to 100% the game again and it sure was the trip down nostalgia lane.......idk if I prefer this or the Wii version frankly, but it's Mario Galaxy; I love it no matter what way I play it.

oooooooookey that was all I wanted to get off my chest. Guess I'll just go review Rayman Legends and Soup metroid now. (It's nice that we're getting the metroid bread to dip into the metroid soup ain't it)

Bowser's Inside Story (Remake)

A couple of years ago I was playing this game but I got stuck on the part where you got to land an excellent with the picnic basket and at that time I couldn't mash fast enough fsr
Welp I decided to pick it up again, I got by that part and I've been trying to finish it
it's been so long since last I've played this game so any of the story before this point I've mostly forgot
I'm a good amount into fawful's castle

GBA Rainbow Road is such a great course to play on in SRB2 Kart, makes me appreciate the course more.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is the latest Mario-related game I played, my first playthrough was in May. Overall, it's quite a decent game, although it is a bit too glitchy for my taste in the later worlds, and I despise Smashers (by far the most dangerous enemy). The Phantom's song is probably my favorite part of the game.

The best game I have played this year overall would have to be NEO: The World Ends With You, which came out in July. It had one of the best stories I've experienced in a long time, great cast of characters and soundtrack, and the final boss is one of the most climatic ones I have ever faced.

Reactions: zel
Found this on an Australian online marketplace, it just arrived today and I got to play a bit of it. Finally I can cross both this game and Banjo-Kazooie (because of N64 Switch Online) off the list of retro games I want to play but couldn't, and both within a short timespan, too!

PXL_20210925_013248275.MP.jpg

Now just for Thousand-Year Door...

Reactions: zel
Luigi's Mansion 3

I managed to nab this game yesterday, so i guess ill share my first impressions: I quite like it! I hqvent started my own save file yet, but ive been playing coop with my brother (gooigi my man). i didnt expect destroying everything with a plunger to be as fun as it is, but here we are. so far my only gripe is the combat gets a little repetitive since its all just slamming the ghosts until they die (even more), but i had fun with the bosses. gonna start my own save file and share more of what i think as i go on.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Ray Trace killing Omochao

20210927020507_1.jpg

20210927020448_1.jpg

Redshift killing Omochao

20210927021129_1.jpg

i might as well post here that i was catching up to the snes dkcs while i still have online (i think it runs out tomorrow) and also now a PRO CONTROLLER!!! Bebeyyyy
dkc3 i beat kaos and started k3, ended after tearaway toboggan. not much progress but its something!
dkc2 i started another playthrough, also without savestates, beat world 1 and got up to kannons klaim and left there. i think got every minigame and dk coin up to the level before it, though i missed the minigames in lockjaws locker because ??????
its not too much progress and also im probably gona have to leave these playthroughs there for a few months but hey its something! also felt great not having to deal with drift htats the best part

Back