What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) (Microsoft Xbox 360)

Last saved after clearing Wave Ocean as Tails in Sonic's story, game over'd at the mach segment in Kingdom Valley and was sent back to my last save.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Just cleared 3-8, going well so far! This is...definitely the longest world in the game, and I think it best resembles a traditional Paper Mario chapter as opposed to a series of linear Mario levels. Not quite at the boss yet but I'm getting close. Also 3-7 is a great level, I love how it just strips everything away from you and makes you work your way back up...idk how many times I used a hammer sticker only to see the message "you have no hammer" lol

Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Beat the second world, Lollipop Land. Got to get a better taste of the new abilities, and...man Circus Kirby is crazy and I still can't get proper control of it. The boss was also interesting and probably has a lot of lore behind it that's yet to be revealed... Also I reiterate that Kirby Fighters is incredible, there's a standalone eShop version you should get if you somehow haven't played Triple Deluxe yet

Paper Mario: The Origami King

I'm close to getting 100% on the game.
I found all the Toads, Not-Bottomless Holes, and ? Blocks, and all I need to do is to complete all of the bosses in the Battle Lab to get the last Collectible Treasure, and to complete 16 stages in Speed Rings.

Beat World 3 and got the third Royal Sticker. The boss was amazing and my favorite in the game yet. I was better prepared here than with the previous boss, stocking up on a lot more Things, and I'm not going to go without giving the sheer catchiness of this boss music a mention. It sure took a while but World 3 is definitely a lot of fun, I like how open-ended it feels compared to the previous two worlds.

Three Royal Stickers down, three to go.

Cleared both Sonic and Shadow's stories, all that's left is the remainder of Silver's story and the last story.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart (PC)

SBR2 Sonic is great, you can just mash the Acceleration button, and get a consistently fast speed (80, which lowers when you touch the ground). I would argue this is actually skill based gameplay as you need to optimise your route to get the most air time so you can keep max speed, and use rolling where you can get a higher speed of it (100+), but that's just me looking into it too much. The real appeal is doing dumb shortcuts by jumping over walls and going 80 mile per hour in a game where the fastest characters usually go is ~50, just by pressing 'A'.

Cleared Silver's story, only thing that is left is the final story.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart (PC)

SBR2 Sonic is great, you can just mash the Acceleration button, and get a consistently fast speed (80, which lowers when you touch the ground). I would argue this is actually skill based gameplay as you need to optimise your route to get the most air time so you can keep max speed, and use rolling where you can get a higher speed of it (100+), but that's just me looking into it too much. The real appeal is doing dumb shortcuts by jumping over walls and going 80 mile per hour in a game where the fastest characters usually go is ~50, just by pressing 'A'.

He sounds like a broken character compared to the kart drivers lol.

Played through the first half of World 4. Enemies are definitely getting stronger, so I've been investing in more Shiny and Flashy stickers to combat that. But man...can I just say how much I loved 4-3? A truly epic level, perhaps even better than 3-7, and it reminded me a lot of Dark Bloo Inn from Color Splash, one of my favorite levels in said game. Also found it interesting how there's a secret door that leads directly between it and Decalburg...I don't think there's any other level like that.

EDIT: Beat World 4, and...I'll put this next part in a spoiler tag:

The boss of this world, Mizzter Blizzard...I felt so sad for him. All he wanted was a body that wouldn't melt... If only it actually snowed a decent amount around these parts I might actually try to rebuild him in real life, like he asked me to. So sad...

Also apparently you can grind Infinijumps just by sticking a Flashy Clone Jump onto the invisible block in 1-1...wow that's awesome. Got several other flashy stickers that way too.

Two more Royal Stickers to go!

Last edited:
Kirby's Dream Land

7947E732-2C66-4EDA-841C-AB67A703EF3C.jpeg

Played through this game again to celebrate Sakurai's 50th birthday. It's really short and very simplistic by modern Kirby standards but still a joy to play.

Happy birthday, Sakurai.

Railroad Tycoon 3

Honestly I wasn't even playing the campaign I was just tryna make the dumbest railway ever in the sandbox mode by making hella slow engines pull trains on hella long routes that make no sense.

Tower Unite

the fuck is this

20200803160814_1.jpg

20200803160840_1.jpg

Megaman VII. Best of the original series.

Also, I have officially decided Megaman X5 is better than Megaman X4.

I think Mega Man VII is the best of the main entries from the Classic series, but I'd personally put Mega Man & Bass above it just because playing as Bass is so smooth and satisfying, like a cross between a Classic & X experience.

I think Mega Man VII is the best of the main entries from the Classic series, but I'd personally put Mega Man & Bass above it just because playing as Bass is so smooth and satisfying, like a cross between a Classic & X experience.
I haven't played Megaman & Bass, is it actually good? I keep hearing people complain about it, and I don't think I'll go back to Megaman 10 anytime soon, so, should I try it?

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (3DS)

I've now found all blocks and beans in the game, making this the third M&L game I've beaten 100%, after Dream Team and Partners in Time. Still have stuff left to do in Minion Quest but that's technically not part of the main game. Oh yeah, and Joke's End is still awful: the level design itself is utterly broken, the enemies blend too well with the environment, and the collectibles are just. too. obscure. Why hasn't anyone made a block guide for this game yet...

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (3DS)

With Superstar Saga wrapped up I decided I might as well try to beat the Battle Medley superboss in this game once again. Yeah...no. This guy is insane and the fact that he fully heals when you've almost completely knocked out his 5000 HP just feels really cheap. The Powerful + Expert badge combo that multiplies a single attack's power by 6 helps a lot, but ultimately I just keep dying to his overpowered desperation attacks. Oh well...maybe next time.

Mario Kart DS

So besides having unlocked Dry Bones and Daisy, I played some more multiplayer with my brother and eldest sister. We have a lot of memories with MKWii and Yoshi Falls was her favorite course in that game...and lucky us, it happens to be one of the eight courses available in download play! Man, I've played this course in MKWii more times than I can count and this really brought back memories. Even if this game's download play is otherwise complete garbage, at least I can get a good amount of enjoyment here.

Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)

Messing around in creative. Built a Mario 8-Bit sprite monument, one side is Mario and the other side is Luigi.

--

Bug Fables (Nintendo Switch)

Only had a little time to play the beginning part, but I'll let you know my thoughts on it when I get a little further in.

I haven't played Megaman & Bass, is it actually good? I keep hearing people complain about it, and I don't think I'll go back to Megaman 10 anytime soon, so, should I try it?

I really do think it's good (SNES, not GBA). It's absolutely too difficult if you play as Mega Man, borderline unbalanced really, but I honestly don't see why people complain about Bass' version. Definitely check it out!

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

PrwrpJB.png

I love it when both Daisy and Baby Daisy are on the opposing (losing) team. I also like that my team has more female characters than male characters.

Dang it lacks Waluigi on the losing team.

Paper Mario: Color Splash

Finally started the fifth and final part of my Paper Mario marathon! This is probably the fifth or sixth time I've attempted to replay this game and I've only beaten it once, admittedly--but with any luck, school won't be enough to stop me this time!

Made it through The Crimson Tower, after which I got the second Mini Paint Star in Port Prisma. Definitely a beautiful game presentation-wise, even moreso than Sticker Star, and the writing is without a doubt the best in the series (besides maybe Origami King, guess I'll find out when I can actually play that). Still need to work a bit on my action command timing, though--it feels like I need to push the button a little earlier than in Sticker Star.

Mario Kart 7

Decided to go ahead and give this game a try. It's great and feels a lot like Mario Kart 8, which is great considering I'm very comfortable with that game's controls. First person view is incredible and should be put in more Mario Kart games. I've been able to try all 32 courses and they're all fantastic. Probably my second-favorite Mario Kart overall. Looking forward to playing more!

Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Beat the fifth world, Endless Explosions. And yes, you've probably heard it a thousand times already but I will say it once again: Pyribbit sucks. Still though, while perhaps not the most original Kirby game out there, it's still very brilliant overall and the level design is top-notch. A steal for $14.

currently playing harry potter and the chamber of secrets. just trying to beat my time on the challenges. i have no idea how i got such high scores in the first place so im not succeeding in beating them but i think the runs are going smoothly otherwise! but the most important point is that im actually bothering to record them this time!!! hopefully ill manage to record beating, or at least reaching, my high score
i can edit this with a vid later

Back