What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Kersti

YoshiFlutterJump
Awards Committee
Kirby: Triple Deluxe

My NNID was finally transferred, so I can play this game at last. Played through World 1 and it's great, the level design is very creative and just everything I love about Kirby is here. Also tried the subgames...I'm really not great at Dedede's Drum Dash but it's still pretty fun; meanwhile Kirby Fighters is Smash but Kirbyfied and I love it

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

I finally got to level 45 after a lot of grinding in the Airway, so I gave the battle medley a try. The superboss at the end is just insane. I used the Expert and Power badge combo at the start to make my first attack do 3000 damage, but then he just fully healed like it was nothing and started taking my Bros Attacks one by one. Near the end of the fight he used some kind of fire rain attack that just completely wrecked both my bros...it was so brutal and cheap. Maybe I'll rematch tomorrow.

SpriteBro

Goomba
Fantasy Strike (Switch). If they added some more command moves and crouching then it'd be a better game, but it's still got a pretty good core even if the aesthetics are bad.

Kersti

YoshiFlutterJump
Awards Committee
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Just cleared 3-8, going well so far! This is...definitely the longest world in the game, and I think it best resembles a traditional Paper Mario chapter as opposed to a series of linear Mario levels. Not quite at the boss yet but I'm getting close. Also 3-7 is a great level, I love how it just strips everything away from you and makes you work your way back up...idk how many times I used a hammer sticker only to see the message "you have no hammer" lol

Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Beat the second world, Lollipop Land. Got to get a better taste of the new abilities, and...man Circus Kirby is crazy and I still can't get proper control of it. The boss was also interesting and probably has a lot of lore behind it that's yet to be revealed... Also I reiterate that Kirby Fighters is incredible, there's a standalone eShop version you should get if you somehow haven't played Triple Deluxe yet

Goombuigi

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
Paper Mario: The Origami King

I'm close to getting 100% on the game.
I found all the Toads, Not-Bottomless Holes, and ? Blocks, and all I need to do is to complete all of the bosses in the Battle Lab to get the last Collectible Treasure, and to complete 16 stages in Speed Rings.

Kersti

YoshiFlutterJump
Awards Committee

Beat World 3 and got the third Royal Sticker. The boss was amazing and my favorite in the game yet. I was better prepared here than with the previous boss, stocking up on a lot more Things, and I'm not going to go without giving the sheer catchiness of this boss music a mention. It sure took a while but World 3 is definitely a lot of fun, I like how open-ended it feels compared to the previous two worlds.

Three Royal Stickers down, three to go.

Mambo No. 5

Ladies and Gentleman, this is Mambo No. 5
Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart (PC)

SBR2 Sonic is great, you can just mash the Acceleration button, and get a consistently fast speed (80, which lowers when you touch the ground). I would argue this is actually skill based gameplay as you need to optimise your route to get the most air time so you can keep max speed, and use rolling where you can get a higher speed of it (100+), but that's just me looking into it too much. The real appeal is doing dumb shortcuts by jumping over walls and going 80 mile per hour in a game where the fastest characters usually go is ~50, just by pressing 'A'.

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart (PC)

SBR2 Sonic is great, you can just mash the Acceleration button, and get a consistently fast speed (80, which lowers when you touch the ground). I would argue this is actually skill based gameplay as you need to optimise your route to get the most air time so you can keep max speed, and use rolling where you can get a higher speed of it (100+), but that's just me looking into it too much. The real appeal is doing dumb shortcuts by jumping over walls and going 80 mile per hour in a game where the fastest characters usually go is ~50, just by pressing 'A'.
He sounds like a broken character compared to the kart drivers lol.

Kersti

YoshiFlutterJump
Awards Committee

Played through the first half of World 4. Enemies are definitely getting stronger, so I've been investing in more Shiny and Flashy stickers to combat that. But man...can I just say how much I loved 4-3? A truly epic level, perhaps even better than 3-7, and it reminded me a lot of Dark Bloo Inn from Color Splash, one of my favorite levels in said game. Also found it interesting how there's a secret door that leads directly between it and Decalburg...I don't think there's any other level like that.

EDIT: Beat World 4, and...I'll put this next part in a spoiler tag:

The boss of this world, Mizzter Blizzard...I felt so sad for him. All he wanted was a body that wouldn't melt... If only it actually snowed a decent amount around these parts I might actually try to rebuild him in real life, like he asked me to. So sad...

Also apparently you can grind Infinijumps just by sticking a Flashy Clone Jump onto the invisible block in 1-1...wow that's awesome. Got several other flashy stickers that way too.

Two more Royal Stickers to go!

Last edited:

Kersti

YoshiFlutterJump
Awards Committee
Kirby's Dream Land

7947E732-2C66-4EDA-841C-AB67A703EF3C.jpeg

Played through this game again to celebrate Sakurai's 50th birthday. It's really short and very simplistic by modern Kirby standards but still a joy to play.

Happy birthday, Sakurai.

Princess Viola

CEO of Lesbians
Railroad Tycoon 3

Honestly I wasn't even playing the campaign I was just tryna make the dumbest railway ever in the sandbox mode by making hella slow engines pull trains on hella long routes that make no sense.

AwdryFan1997

All lives can't matter until Black Lives Matter.
I think Mega Man VII is the best of the main entries from the Classic series, but I'd personally put Mega Man & Bass above it just because playing as Bass is so smooth and satisfying, like a cross between a Classic & X experience.
I haven't played Megaman & Bass, is it actually good? I keep hearing people complain about it, and I don't think I'll go back to Megaman 10 anytime soon, so, should I try it?

Kersti

YoshiFlutterJump
Awards Committee
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (3DS)

I've now found all blocks and beans in the game, making this the third M&L game I've beaten 100%, after Dream Team and Partners in Time. Still have stuff left to do in Minion Quest but that's technically not part of the main game. Oh yeah, and Joke's End is still awful: the level design itself is utterly broken, the enemies blend too well with the environment, and the collectibles are just. too. obscure. Why hasn't anyone made a block guide for this game yet...

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (3DS)

With Superstar Saga wrapped up I decided I might as well try to beat the Battle Medley superboss in this game once again. Yeah...no. This guy is insane and the fact that he fully heals when you've almost completely knocked out his 5000 HP just feels really cheap. The Powerful + Expert badge combo that multiplies a single attack's power by 6 helps a lot, but ultimately I just keep dying to his overpowered desperation attacks. Oh well...maybe next time.

Mario Kart DS

So besides having unlocked Dry Bones and Daisy, I played some more multiplayer with my brother and eldest sister. We have a lot of memories with MKWii and Yoshi Falls was her favorite course in that game...and lucky us, it happens to be one of the eight courses available in download play! Man, I've played this course in MKWii more times than I can count and this really brought back memories. Even if this game's download play is otherwise complete garbage, at least I can get a good amount of enjoyment here.