What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Dragalia Lost
r0ql31e6afp21.jpg

eat shit billy i just got her off a ticket

Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Testing out my recently acquired Marina Amiibo and doing a few turf wars to kill some time, mildly annoyed that I keep getting disconnected every three or so matches.

Fate/Extra CCC

Well I did end up using save states on this boss. Noble Phantasm's are like playing Rock-Paper-Scissors and using the Gun command, my best option is to try and stun her on the 5th option so she can't use it on the 6th. Melt and Lip have made their appearance. Melt's crouching animation is kind of terrifying, just stand up girl. Also this game would not fly under sony's iron grip if it was made these days.

Fate/Extella Link

More like Fate/Extella Load-ing hahahah. I wasn't expecting the final boss to be a castle mech-suit, I assume it'll be the same boss for every ending unless they recycle the White Titan from Extella. This game kind of makes me want to revisit Hyrule Warriors one day.

Mark of the Ninja

gewd game, the stealth mechanics are done very well and while I usually dislike stealth segments, I usually don't feel as if the enemy AI cheats, line of sight works as it should. Probably should go back and redo some levels, but eh.

Tetris (that web version)

I've been obsessed with Tetris 99 but I figured I needed to feel accomplished so I played regular Tetris. I usually get around 100000 pts but I swear I could do better since I'm using this keyboard. My fingers start getting tired compared in Tetris 99 where the sweet joy of a Switch Pro Controller is there to hold my hands (although the DPad isn't exactly great for Tetris 99).

/rant

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

General Winter is the best character in the game hands down. I love the game a lot too, gave me those flying racing stuff I'd been craving for.

Fate/Grand Order

Whenever I need an AoE servant for the final wave I always just choose Altera because even if I don't have anyone with an advantage I can at least have my favourite do it. I am able to 4-Turn the final node for this event though. I'm kind of just ignoring the event shop. The challenge quest wasn't hard, Euryale managed to do 700k damage in one hit and just deplete an entire health bar to break.

Dragalia Lost

dupe Xander on a ticket lol. I'm actually kind of annoyed that they replaced the 100x wyrmprint exp with a gold key, I've got a lot of wyrmprints to level up and not enough water. These are the real issues plaguing our society.

(Mario) The Music Box [Arc]

This is a free Mario fangame where there are two main storylines. The first one is where Mario struggles to keep his sanity when a spirit tries to take control of his body. The other one is where Mario gives in to the spirit and goes insane when the spirit does terrible things with his body. I won't go into too much detail, since I don't want to spoil anything. Beautiful fangame. Go play it if you get the chance.

Super Mario Sunshine

I hate you, Cataquacks. Whose idea was it to remove Yoshis from Gelato Beach in Episode 8? They're literally the only way to defeat Cataquacks unless they happen to be near a Dune Bud. No wonder people hate this mission so much. I also played the infamous mini-levels Lily Pad Ride and Pachinko Game (neither of which I have beaten), and I'll just say that they deserve all the hate they get.

Frustrations aside, I've done a few other missions and bought a few more Shines with Blue Coins. I've done the Shadow Mario episodes in Bianco Hills, Ricco Harbor, and Gelato Beach so far. I've also unlocked Yoshi, the Rocket Nozzle, and the Turbo Nozzle. I currently have about 41 Shines.

Final Fantasy VI

I’ve spent hours grinding in one are from lvl 20 to 30...Hey I can’t help if I want to die less in an RPG. By the way it was before I found Terra and collected the espers.

Fate/Extella Link

What kind of sick bastard decided to lock Altera behind a late stage. It's a good thing they let me buy yung Altera as DLC, I use her for every Extra Stage. I'll probably use regular Altera for the Very Hard re-run of the main game. I was gonna use Scathach somewhere in there too, maybe I'll alternate.

Dragalia Lost

I nearly forgot to do my High Midgard weekly bonus. Lately the game has been crashing on loading screens, it's pretty annoying but they've recognised it in the bug notes so hopefully they'll fix it soon. I still don't handle the 8-way blast near corners very well.

Fate/Grand Order

I'm only half-way up the points ladder and have 3 days left to go, I think I'm gonna need to grind and maybe try fit more point CE's onto my team.

aww hell yeah baby

Sonic 3 AIR.
I don't know whether to call it a ROMhack or a mod loader. You have to run it from an EXE file (like a mod loader), but you don't use a PC game; you use a Genesis ROM of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
Basically, it turns Sonic 3 & Knuckles into what it would be of the mobile prototype was finished. Widescreen support, time attack, and achievements are all included, along with a CRT filter, "remastered" audio, and even a free-roaming mode.

Splatoon 2

I did League Battle with three fellow Mario Wiki fellows: Lord Bowser, Uniju and Turboo/TFP (don't know what the initials stand for). It's my first time doing League Battle so it's a very enlightening experience for me, even though we didn't use voice chat to communicate at all. The League Battle we did first was Tower Control at Camp Triggerfish/Port Mackerel, and then Rainmaker at Shellendorf Museum/Snapper Canal. We didn't really do that well unfortunately, but when the games were great, it felt like quite an achievement. I know my teammates blamed their losses on themselves at times, but I felt that I didn't do well at times too. Didn't help that I have a headache at that time.

There is one match which I found memorable, which was at Camp Triggerfish Tower Control. Our opponents were a group of Splat Rollers, and it's actually the second one we faced. The team proved to be quite a formidable force when they got a push going at Overtime, but when I noticed my teammates doing a front attack on them, I knew I had to be sneaky to stand a chance. It ended up being a great decision, because whey they were all wiped out, I cleared two people on the Tower and stole it, winning the game before they noticed the ambush. Funny thing is, Uniju thought they threw the match when he noticed we won, so I had to explain why we won that match.

Thank you for reading.

Dragalia Lost

x2 drops for Imperial Onslaught have begun. Burnt through almost all my stamina recharges already, I'm just going to get enough medals to get the High Mercury wyrmprint from the trade when it's available although I don't think I'll even have enough recharges for it. I was hoping to get a bit more out of this event but I guess I used up too much on scales. I don't really want to use getherwings because it's multiplayer.

Fate/Grand Order

There was a maintenance today, I think it was probably in preparation for the pre-CCC event that will happen before the actual event. I'll probably try and get Nero Bride since Tamamo isn't limited and has a fair few rate-ups in the years to come that I could try for. I might not need to grind too much for the point ladder for this event, I removed a Wolves CE and added another Points CE and it's been going smoothly without recharges.

Fate/Extra CCC

Passionlip is a tragically designed character, it makes sense considering BB is a psychopath bitch but that whole labyrinth felt kind of depressing. Nothing compared to Jinako's labyrinth, that was actually hard to get through. I can't say I relate fully but I could sympathise with a lot of the things she was saying and it was a pretty uncomfortable feeling. Yuuki Aoi did a stellar job during the Gatou scene, that left me feeling pretty shook for a while. It makes me wonder how common some of these kind of thoughts can be.

You really don't get a real glimpse into how bat shit crazy BB is until the intermission chapter. The translation I'm using follows the Gilgamesh route but I chose Tamamo so I had to use a translate app for most of the intermission. Chiwa Saito really hard carries during these scenes, translate app just gave up trying to decipher her excited gibberish. It was much needed up-lifting segment considering how heavy the game had been for the previous few hours. At least it will lighten up for a while with the Elizabeth and Shinji comedy routine labyrinth, but I don't know how long that will last. Melt has already shown up and shit on the basic founding rules of this game so I don't even know what to expect from the remaining chapters, she's very aggressive.

The actual most depressing part of this game is that there isn't an official translation, its been 6 years and nobody has translated the true ending. Fate/Extra is practically a prologue chapter to the entire book that CCC is, the only reason to play Extra is to have the setting knowledge for CCC but without a proper CCC translation there's little other reason to play either game. Even I'm only playing it so I have a better understanding of what will be going on during the CCC fgo event.

Yoshi's Crafted World

I'm no good at this background/foreground stuff, I want to ignore it but I know there's probably red coins and shit back there. The scavenger hunts are kind of a pain in the ass when it's find 6 of something. I don't know how long this game is but I have a bad feeling that the scavenger hunts/poochy hunts are a way of extending the play time more than anything else. I like equipping stupid shit like trash bins and bottle caps.

Fate/Grand Order

I tried for Bride Nero but got 4 Gawain's. Still unsure if this is extreme luck or extreme unluck.

Home Improvement: Power Tool Pursuit

This game gets a bad rap. (Thanks a lot, JonTron!) While it is true that the game makes no sense STORY-wise, it does have very solid game play. Jumping and Running feels very smooth, the Nail gun is very satisfying to use, a good HP system (The Amount of lug nuts you have = Your HP, so collect all the lug nuts you find) and platforming seems more than fair. My only complaint so far is that some of the enemies take an eternity to kill. This game isn't really deserving all of the negativity it gets.

Fate/Extra CCC

Melt was a lot different than the rest of the sentinels, from the start she was far more aggressive and boss-like than any other character. Super sadistic and completely willing to kill, one line in particular sounded like she was enjoying the situation far too much. Punishing her at the end was much more satisfying as a result, while all of the other sentinels have break downs at the end she maintained her composure after her defeat which was rather nice.

It only took like 10 years of fate content but finally Shinji got his big hero moment. All the male characters are the ones actually making the big plays when it counts.

Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword (Fangame)

I concluded my THIRD run of this still-demo-but-has-quite-some-amount-of-content-in-it last time I played. I dare say this run was the best of all runs.

First of all, this time, I managed to actually promote Eiry (A dark magic user) to a full druid, unlike last time where she only hit level 9 on the final chapter. It's a good thing you get a free guiding ring somewhere at all, or I would have to use the last map's master seal on her. Very good mage, though, and pretty fast for her class. Still slow enough to get doubled by archers or Myrmidons, but fast enough to somtimes double Mercenaries on occasions.

Uther (Lord, main character) was rather decent this time. Still a unit I only used just for whenever I really needed something dead, but he didn't turn out as bad as the other times. The RNGoddess was kinder to him.

I sadly had to drop Isadora (Squire, promoted into cavalier then Paladin, which she is in Blazing Sword) for endgame because she got horribly strength and speed screwed. Not to mention her con really doesn't help, she gets weighed down by all the good weapons. Still doubles reliably, but... she just didn't do much. So I decided to give the Knight's crest to one of the endgame cavaliers, since these are good by default.

Harken (Drifter, promotes into Mercenary and then Hero, which he is in Blazing Sword) got a massive speed bless. He doubled everything, with a class that has speed problems. And he's very strong too, so he was a killing machine.

Toni (Scout, Promotes into Archer and then Sniper), like usual, turned out to be the best. Fastest unit on my team, very high resistance, great avoid, and crit-ability. She ALWAYS crits. She even would have been Rutger's bow-weilding cousin for all I know.

Cybil (Skywatcher, promotes into Pegasus Knight and then FalconKnight)... I'm so proud of her. In another file where her strength just never went up and stopped at 5 (Yes, FIVE strength at endgame). This time it rose to 12. Only reason I use Cybil is because I love her so much as a character, and using her gives me her supports (not to mention her supports with Toni are gold). But this time... Speed: 16, Resistance: 18, Strength: 12... I was starting to think the game hates her and all, but now... I feel like I never want to start a new file just because this Cybil is just perfect. And I gave her the final kill on the final boss. And I used the master seal on her. So proud of her, she deserves it.

Bennet (Soldier, promotes into Halberdier) got a bit screwed, but even then he was still reliable. Besides, he's a fast lance-user, so he's pretty good.

Wallace (Knight, promotes into General, which he is in Blazing Sword) who is actually as fast as Uther (which is sad, but I guess Uther is built to be slow? Besides, he uses the General sprite in Blazing Sword), hit like a truck. I usually like my units fast, but you know... he's a good slow.

Roeis (Druid) was good for the staff utility, but is also really good against mages.

Hyde (Justice, a light-magic user custom class) is... very fast for his class. Doubles a lot of things, despite Justices being super slow normally. Also has perfect accuracy.

Eagler (Paladin) was not a Jagen, but an actual Oifey. A good early-game prepromote, and one that continues to be useful throughout the game. Although a bit slow towards the end, he still has quite a lot of defense, HP and strength. He also has a Steel Greatlance with him, which is a weapon most of your Lance-users won't be able to use in a very long time, and he's good with it.

Madelyn (Medic, promoted into Troubadour and then Valkyrie) doesn't have much magic, so she doesn't heal you by much, but she's on a horse, so high mobility is assured.

And man I love the final two maps for now. Let's hope the game keeps getting better.

Red Dead Redemption 2

i'm glad i unlocked a shop/place where i can sell stolen vehicles so now there's like, an actual reason to steal them now

Ever Oasis

I leveled up 6 characters today to level 30, now I only have 2 left before all 60 playable characters are completed. The only minor issue with this is that both of them are crossbow users, but I can make it work.

Back