What is the worst/cringiest OC you ever made?

Emo Furcorn

It’s La-ing time!
Pronouns
She/Her
Guys, this one is gonna be a doozy.

Back when I was around 9 or 10, I had no clue how to make a decent character. But man, I wanted to roleplay very badly, so I just made what I thought would be cool.

Finn Aqua (Pokémon trainer and aspiring gym leader)
Gender:Genderfluid (at the time I recently read Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard and I thought changing gender was epic le coolest thing ever.)
Pokémon: Drifblim, Keldeo, Bibarel, Quagsire, (I forgot.), Zoroark (which used to be N's Zoroark??)
He's from Sinnoh, left because he couldn't become a gym leader there.
Apparently they're secretly Cyrus' (he's 27. I'll let you do the math.) kid?

I honestly feel bad for the people that had to RP with me, lol.

When I was roughly twelve years old, I would roleplay a very cringy version of myself. His powers included, but were not limited to:
-Ice magic
-Flight
-Utilizing a magic fedora that he could pull anything out of, which was typically a sword
-Casting ice magic out of said fedora
-An ultra powerful form where he grew angel wings and was ridiculously strong. I believe his sword became a dual sword in that state
I'm sure that's just the base of it, and I've forgotten the rest with time

When I was roughly twelve years old, I would roleplay a very cringy version of myself. His powers included, but were not limited to:
-Ice magic
-Flight
-Utilizing a magic fedora that he could pull anything out of, which was typically a sword
-Casting ice magic out of said fedora
-An ultra powerful form where he grew angel wings and was ridiculously strong. I believe his sword became a dual sword in that state
I'm sure that's just the base of it, and I've forgotten the rest with time
432B4674-9D6C-4C52-A4B9-3100F6104A91.png
This bring back memories?

Surprisingly enough, my Pokémon OCs from back when I was young, despite a few being effectively self-inserts, aren't too bad. Maybe because I spent my time designing bad regions and Pokémon species instead of bad trainers.

That said, there's a couple OCs from when I was really young that stand out as pretty poor.

"Kid" was an ex-Beanish prince, with a name derived from "kidney beans" and being the baby of the family, that I made because I thought it was oddly unbalanced that the Mushroom Kingdom had two great heroes and the Beanbean Kingdom had one. Naturally, he was Peasley's little brother, and like Luigi, lived in the shadow of his more famous brother. Then came the melodramatic "and he eventually betrayed his family and allied with Cackletta part," followed by, to explain where he was in Superstar Saga and to set up a future Beanbean adventure, him deciding Cackletta wasn't actually evil enough and challenging her to fake his death at her hands. So, years later, he'd come back to conquer the two Kingdoms and also the Koopa Kingdom (because clearly he was better than Cackletta and would plan for interference from Bowser, too).

Initially he had power over darkness, because I was positioning Peasely as having light powers because of his hair flash and wanted them to have their own fire/electricity thing, but, naturally, to make him a properly OP villain, he has also learned light magic and had learned fire and electricity from Cackletta, and, after Cackletta's plans failed, decided he should learn technology like Fawful to have even more of an advantage.

Melodramatic and OP Beanish... yeah.

There was also this, like, superhero Yoshi - named Yoshi because, again, I was a very young and dumb kid, but not the Yoshi - inspired by Mario Strikers Charged.

I didn't even know what "anime" was at the time, but the best way I can describe him is as a cross between an OP isekai protagonist who pulls out new skills randomly to win and an edgy sports anime protagonist.

Very dramatic, very edgy, that one was, and with a lot of fights against Petey Piranha in various forms.

Blitz

He was stupid, like stupidly stupid.
He could seemingly do anything, I just came up with more and more powers. He had a Super Sonic-style thing, a dragon transformation, I re-designed him like 6 times, he was rushed from the beginning. He didn't have any character development, he was the same idiot from the first to the last time I used him. I'm not talking about his re-design, while he was a good character, I couldn't use him for long and then he got replaced by Orion. I feel bad for the Blitz reboot, he could've been great but real-life circumstances made it impossible for him to stay.

I'm seeing a lot of similarities with other OCs people have mentioned above and Blitz, like they were edgy, OP, and they could randomly have new powers (of course there's other stuff)

Hmm…I'm pretty sure all the OCs I made for MCCW can qualify for this. (Except Jason, who I'm currently redeveloping.)

Lyn and Zach were originally intended alongside Twink from Paper Mario to be Jason's friends outside the Car Wash. They would usually visit the place to hang out with said character. While Twink did start out as a Star Spirit in the MP5 arc, the other two really didn't have that much going for them. They had very plain designs, and I never really intended for them to have development in the first place. Additionally, they didn't have that much of a role in any arcs I put them in. Their last appearance in the roleplay will be in the arc I'm doing right now, where they write a letter informing the Car Wash of their departure and during Jason's nightmare sequence (which hasn't been posted yet.)

Vivica was originally intended to be a spoiled girl who was madly in love with Velo. She owned a lot of girly things, and Velo often made fun of her possessions. Amoung her possessions were GFGs for various consoles, make-up, fancy dresses, jewellery, several dolls (all brands I don't like such as Barbie, Bratz, Monster High, Ever After High, etc.), and DVDs of Nickelodeon and Disney Channel kid coms (Such as Hannah Montana, Zoey 101, Liv and Maddie, That's so Raven, iCarly, and Victorious). However, these possessions never made an appearance in the actual roleplay except in the MP9 arc (where we saw her playing with her Barbies) and when the aliens were reintroduced (where they were burned by Velo's fire magic and turned into a pile of soot.) Many of the roles she had in arcs could've been easily done by a Velo Advisor in her place. Additionally, because a lot of the things I wanted to do with her were against my self-imposed limits at the time of her creation (ex. Don't use any female oriented franchise characters because the last time you tried to use them, you got buried in a mountain of posts) I could never develop her without breaking the rules I put in place. (these limits don't exist now, by the way). I also don't like a lot of her interests as well, so I'm glad I got rid of her when I could.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say cringy (Well I hate that word but that is not the reason) but more like boring, I made a love interest so I can justify a daughter from the future but he had so little going for him that I outright forgot his name

Nowadays, I realize the world of fiction doesn't need a father to justify a daughter

i never actually used this character for anything (i had a tendency when i was a kid to write 'fanfics' that just amounted to character lists and nothing else) but i had a transformers oc when i was 9 years old called 'paraskia' who i described as 'a parasite Decepticon sucks out the energy of the machine then gains that machines power almost sucks out Prumus' power but is self-destruct decoy'

Marigi.

Marigi was the third Mario brother who looked exactly like Mario but with green overalls. He used the Windows Task Manager of all things to solve all problems he had. He has such a Mary Sue.

Believe it or not, Dark Light's conception was very terrible.

She was supposed to be a rep of me all the way back in 2011 before she was conceived as her own character. This is why she had a black and gray color scheme. However, that is not the reason her conception is terrible. We need that said inspiration to come from somewhere, and you know yourself and your life experiences best, so it's not a bad thing to base your first character off your own, because it's easy for new writers and character designers to start off as. There's absolutely nothing wrong with self-insert fantasies, coming up with personalities and stories for original characters and establishing their worlds and connections to other characters you also need to come up with and write is difficult. The name? It sounded cool. No reason I picked it otherwise. It was a conflicting trait I guess, but it did also led to a motif for naming my new characters later on.

I really have to thank the LGBT+ community for this: I was very uncomfortable describing her as a girl back then. This was before transgender and intersex people got much exposure, and I was afraid people would start labeling me as a weirdo because I used female pronouns to describe a character who is designed after a male one (Baby Luigi). This was partially the reason I messily wrote her transition piece in the Mushroom City Car Wash thread that I desperately want to retcon (but that time I had no excuse, that was like in 2019). So in order to combat that, she was supposed to be some bullshit shapeshifting genderless deity who assumed the shape for bullshit reasons, got sent to protect the forest from invaders, therefore making her immortal too. This was before the rest of the Protectors came in, and they were also immortal spirits who teamed up with Dark Light in the forest. Yes, I fell into the overpowered characters bullshit like everyone else, but hey, it's cool to have these sort of power fantasies.

Eventually, I just gave up trying to introduce and explain what Dark Light's weaknesses were, what she can and cannot do, why, as they were a constant sense of conflict within me, origin stories, connections, etc, so just stripping away the immortal bullshit and turning her into just another cisgender girl with a mixture of physical features commonly associated with the two ends from the bimodal spectrum of sex, simply as a member of short species of mortal humanoids was desired route.

Making Dark Light canonically intersex and the rest of them just regular mortal assholes with trained combat prowess and abilities, but also lead mortal lives bickering over what toppings their pizza should get and having regular ass family members and them being able to grow from being regular children to elders is just infinitely interesting to me. Their weaknesses are really why I love them so much.

So in order to combat that, she was supposed to be some bullshit shapeshifting genderless deity who assumed the shape for bullshit reasons, got sent to protect the forest from invaders, therefore making her immortal too.
Sis, those "invaders" you're talking about were a bunch of bloodthirsty capitalistic Marios who wanted to turn the forest into an industrial hellhole.

Exactly WHY they were Marios mystifies me to this day.

Oh I know

You wanted to get my attention for initial shock value, and you didn't really like Mario anyway. You were probably starting as a hypothetical: Mario let the popularity get to this head and I guess he decided to clone himself so he can establish an empire to his name.

Something like that. I might be screwing with your memory, though, as human memory is soo fallible that even mere suggestion by someone else can distort it into accepting it.

Back