The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

CA24665D-335F-4960-A2F3-47B730D4EC0C.gif

The Spud likes this movie and hopes to watch it soon.

hey so yesterday kicked my ass hard can someone sum up trailer in a sentence

Toad, your favorite of the bunch, is here while the following happens: Mario gets hurt, Tanooki Mario is flying, Luigi screams, Peach has an axe, a Toad makes a cute face as a joke, and Rainbow Road is there with karters on that road; also Toad hits Mario on the arm with a pole in another trailer :)

Donkey Kong beats the crap out of Mario, Luigi and Bowser have a pleasant discussion (by which I mean pleasant by Bowser's standards), and Mario drives a Mario Kart on a Mario track with other Mario movie characters.

Peach, Toad and Cranky Kong have front row seats to Mario's public execution at the hands of DK, Bowser and Luigi interact in a way that could not possibly be heterosexually explained, Peach wields a fucking axe, Kiddy and Swanky Kong exist, Chris Pratt attempts a Martinet-esque yell

Oh also Mario gets hit in the crotch by a firebar

Peach, Toad and Cranky Kong have front row seats to Mario's public execution at the hands of DK, Bowser and Luigi interact in a way that could not possibly be heterosexually explained, Peach wields a fucking axe, Kiddy and Swanky Kong exist, Chris Pratt attempts a Martinet-esque yell

Oh also Mario gets hit in the crotch by a firebar
Yeah, about the public execution thing, when I saw the trailer, it seemed more like Mario and Donkey Kong were preparing for a battle in front of all of the other Kongs and Donkey Kong just managed to get the other hand in the fight.

Also, when Bowser and Luigi are talking, where did you get the idea that anyone could "heterosexually" explain it? And what do you even mean when you say "heterosexually" explain?

After watching both trailers I am starting to become more emotionally invested in watching this on the release date when it comes out. There are some things I don't quite exactly like about it (Chris Pratt voicing Mario), but I am enjoying what I have seen otherwise so far as it looks a lot of fun amazingly too simultaneously. I think the voice-acting thing is my only real issue though regarding this film with not having Charles Martinet do the voice 100% for Mario. Then again I also grew up in the late 80s/early 90s when the people doing Mario were Lou Albano, Walker Boone, and Bob Hoskins.

might be the only person in this community who likes the pratt voice

Every time Mario gets a talking clip he needs to be voiced by Chris Pratt while all onomatopoeia is voiced by Charles Martinet. And yes Chris Pratt needs to sound like himself and Charles Martinet needs to sound like Mario.

Pratt's voice as Mario is not terrible as predicted. I know I would I would definitely prefer Martinet to be the voice, but Chris Pratt is their headliner so it is a concession I have to make here, unfortunately.

I was sceptical of Chris Pratt's voice at first, but I think it's starting to grow on me. In particular, I thought he sounded pretty good in the Game Awards trailer, and will probably sound alright in the movie itself.

Everyone's talking about Prattio so lemme talk about other voices.

Keegan Micheal Key as Toad is...shockingly good. Like, wow. I never expected it to be THIS GOOD. If people don't like Pratt, Keegan is gonna steal most of the scenes.

Anna Taylor Joy...she's alright. She fits the more action princess vibe that this movie is giving Peach. Not too bad.

Charlie Day. He fits Luigi pretty well. Of course, we haven't really heard him talking 'normally', as all Luigi scenes we've seen so far is him either under pressure or scared. Charlie's screams just fit Luigi.

Jack Black as Bowser. Perfect. Need I say more?

And we surprisingly haven't heard Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong yet, but I assume that it will be Rogan's normal voice...I can see it fitting.

It is weird seeing DK talk in anything that isn't DK64 or the DKC cartoon. I thought for sure that they were going to make Rogan do monkey noises for him, but I guess talking works a lot better for him.

Cat Mario was awesome and I love the 3D world respect, hope the frog suit or penguin suit makes a cameo

Back