The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

Nintendo just released some new posters for the movie, and they look really cool!

1675952840261.jpeg
1675953770620.jpeg
1675953788920.jpeg

Last edited:
I like that the balloon looks like a shyguy's head.

THE SUPER SHOW THEME SONG

Hearing that rap again inspired all sorts of nostalgic feelings and levels of amusement. Also playing around on the site there's a Bowser wallpaper/poster you can find if you click on the manhole cover. I'm really looking forward to this movie more so than I was before.

I can't hardly wait until this new Mario Movie will have it World Television Premiere broadcast on either Fox, The CW or My TV and be the first Illumination animated movie to not have it's television broadcast on NBC.

@Edward1978

it's a movie made by universal and nbc is a universal property, so makes perfect sense for the mario movie to air on an nbc station. Can't guarantee that's where it will premiere, however, but movies produced by a company that owns a channel will most likely air on them.

@Edward1978

it's a movie made by universal and nbc is a universal property, so makes perfect sense for the mario movie to air on an nbc station. Can't guarantee that's where it will premiere, however, but movies produced by a company that owns a channel will most likely air on them.
Well there is a possibility that NBCUniversal will license out The Super Mario Bros. Movie broadcast rights to either Fox, The CW or My TV. Disney licensed out The Incredibles broadcast rights to NBC. Remember when The Incredibles aired on NBC and not ABC back in like 2009 I think, and the broadcast rights some Dreamworks properties are held by ABC even though NBCUniversal owns Dreamworks now.

Actually, let me ask you this: why are so adamant about a movie airing on a specific channel? I'm really curious.

Actually, let me ask you this: why are so adamant about a movie airing on a specific channel? I'm really curious.

Ok, allow me to tell you why, I don't want The Super Mario Bros. Movie to air on NBC, and here's why:

One: NBC has already had Mario when they aired The Super Mario cartoons on their Saturday Morning lineup back in the early 90's.

Two: 4Kids Entertainment promised us a new Mario Cartoon to air as a part of The Fox Box block back in the 00's when they won the rights to produce cartoon shows based on Nintendo properties. Well I'm yet to see an episode of that Mario Cartoon, so airing The Mario Movie on either Fox, The CW, or My TV would make up for what The Mario Franchise was promised but never got.

Three: This pertains to reason two, I don't want The Super Mario Bros. Movie to air on the NBC affiliates because not a single NBC affiliate aired The Lionhearts, a long forgotten cartoon show about the MGM lion in 1998. 67 stations that aired either any of the old Mario cartoons or the 1993 Super Mario movie have aired The Lionhearts, but Sonic, and Ninja Turtles got to be on almost every station that aired The Lionhearts. So why in name of God does Sonic gets a new cartoon show like every five or six friggin years while Mario hasn't had a new cartoon since the Super Mario World cartoon 32 years ago, that was back when George Bush 41 was in the white house, and our current president Joe Biden was a senator from Delaware. And I hate The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with a passion, if I had the authority I would ban that show in a heartbeat, when I was in middle school, I was bullied by hardcord TMNT fans because I like Mario better that TMNT and that is also why I didn't want the theatrical release of The Super Mario Bros. Movie to be pushed back to this year from it's original December 21st, 2022 release because that new TMNT movie that is going to be released this August. The 1993 Mario Bros. Movie was released in 1993, the same year as TMNT 3 was released, I want Mario to have a movie released in a year without a movie based on the franchise I have the most.

So there you have it, you're entitled to your own opinion, and I do apologize if I went to overboard here.

Ok, allow me to tell you why, I don't want The Super Mario Bros. Movie to air on NBC, and here's why:

One: NBC has already had Mario when they aired The Super Mario cartoons on their Saturday Morning lineup back in the early 90's.

Two: 4Kids Entertainment promised us a new Mario Cartoon to air as a part of The Fox Box block back in the 00's when they won the rights to produce cartoon shows based on Nintendo properties. Well I'm yet to see an episode of that Mario Cartoon, so airing The Mario Movie on either Fox, The CW, or My TV would make up for what The Mario Franchise was promised but never got.

Three: This pertains to reason two, I don't want The Super Mario Bros. Movie to air on the NBC affiliates because not a single NBC affiliate aired The Lionhearts, a long forgotten cartoon show about the MGM lion in 1998. 67 stations that aired either any of the old Mario cartoons or the 1993 Super Mario movie have aired The Lionhearts, but Sonic, and Ninja Turtles got to be on almost every station that aired The Lionhearts. So why in name of God does Sonic gets a new cartoon show like every five or six friggin years while Mario hasn't had a new cartoon since the Super Mario World cartoon 32 years ago, that was back when George Bush 41 was in the white house, and our current president Joe Biden was a senator from Delaware. And I hate The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with a passion, if I had the authority I would ban that show in a heartbeat, when I was in middle school, I was bullied by hardcord TMNT fans because I like Mario better that TMNT and that is also why I didn't want the theatrical release of The Super Mario Bros. Movie to be pushed back to this year from it's original December 21st, 2022 release because that new TMNT movie that is going to be released this August. The 1993 Mario Bros. Movie was released in 1993, the same year as TMNT 3 was released, I want Mario to have a movie released in a year without a movie based on the franchise I have the most.

So there you have it, you're entitled to your own opinion, and I do apologize if I went to overboard here.
Reason one: Again, NBC and Illumination are owned by the same company, so they can air the Mario movie there if they like.

Reason two: Where did they promise this? Please provide a source.

Reason three: I still don't understand what The Lionhearts have to do with this apart from NBC not airing it.

OK I just need to ask @Edward1978

Are you at all neurodivergent in some way?

I'm not asking this in a rude or insulting manner, I'm neurodivergent myself, but like the entire way you act about this topic is pretty much exactly how I see some other ND people act/talk about certain topics of importance to them.

Like I understand you likely feel really strongly about this but it's not a thing that anyone else will be aware of or even care about.

OK I just need to ask @Edward1978

Are you at all neurodivergent in some way?

I'm not asking this in a rude or insulting manner, I'm neurodivergent myself, but like the entire way you act about this topic is pretty much exactly how I see some other ND people act/talk about certain topics of importance to them.

Like I understand you likely feel really strongly about this but it's not a thing that anyone else will be aware of or even care about.

I tell you guys what, if you guys can prove to me that either The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, The Super Mario World cartoons, or The 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie have at one time or another aired on all of these following stations that aired The Lionhearts which are:

KASY 50 Albuquerque, NM
WGMB 44 Baton Rouge, LA
WTVC 9 Chattanooga, TN
WPWR 50 Chicago, IL
WXIX 19 Cincinnati, OH
WBNX 55 Cleveland, OH
WRGT 45 Dayton, OH
KAIL 53 Fresno, CA
WFBC 40 Greenville, SC
KIKU 20 Honolulu, HI
WBXX 20 Knoxville, TN
KMSP 9 Minneapolis, MN
WPHL 17 Philadelphia, PA
KUTP 45 Phoenix, AZ
WFFF 44 Plattsburgh, NY
KRRT 35 San Antonio, TX
KSKN 22 Spokane, WA
WNYS 43 Syracuse, NY
WTTA 38 Tampa, FL
KWKT 44 Waco, TX

I will be quiet about the upcoming Super Mario Bros. movie airing on NBC, which means it will air on:

KOB 4 Albuquerque, NM
WVLA 33 Baton Rouge, LA
WRCB 3 Chattanooga, TN
WMAQ 5 Chicago, IL
WLWT 5 Cincinnati, OH
WKYC 3 Cleveland, OH
WDTN 2 Dayton, OH
KSEE 24 Fresno, CA
WYFF 4 Greenville, SC
KHNL 13 Honolulu, HI
WBIR 10 Knoxville, TN
KARE 11 Minneapolis, MN
WCAU 10 Philadelphia, PA
KPNX 12 Phoenix, AZ
WPTZ 5 Plattsburgh, NY
WOAI 4 San Antonio, TX
KHQ 6 Spokane, WA
WSTM 3 Syracuse, NY
WFLA 8 Tampa, FL
WCEN 6 Waco,TX

So there you have it, I am a very lucky Super Mario fan that I live here in Milton, FL where the station that aired The Super Mario Bros. Super Show here which is WJTC 44 in Mobile, AL also aired The Lionhearts, I don't have to worry about our NBC affiliate here which is WPMI 15 airing The Super Mario Bros. Movie.

Last edited:
That didn't answer the question Princess Viola asked

Anyways, back on topic: I loved the Super Bowl ad for the movie and I was not expecting the Super Show rap.

@Edward1978

I do know that FX has aired a fair amount of Illumination movies, but that's obviously something that we shouldn't trouble ourselves with.

That's why I said "Can't guarantee that's where it will premiere"

Do you guys even know of at least one OTA broadcast station that is not an NBC affiliate, that aired any Illumination movie, whether it is Despicable Me, Minions, Secret Life Of Pets, Sing, or any other?

Do you guys even know of at least one OTA broadcast station that is not an NBC affiliate, that aired any Illumination movie, whether it is Despicable Me, Minions, Secret Life Of Pets, Sing, or any other?
No, I don't. I really don't care where the movie airs.

I hope it does air on NBC since at least that'll be easy to remember. :yoshi:

I hope it doesn't, NBC has already had Mario with the Mario cartoons on their Saturday morning lineup, and it's about Mario airing on every station that aired the one cartoon show that matters most, The Lionhearts.

Okay

This is getting pretty ridiculous

Clearly this is getting us nowhere and we should just continue talking about the Mario movie and ignore Edward1978 because it's obvious that nothing we say will further the conversation beyond what he's already said.

Moving on…

TOSTARENA IS IN THE MARIO MOVIE!!! That was very surprising!

Gonna step in as a mod and tell the user to drop it. I had to lock one of your past topics for this, I'm not locking this topic too. Keep it up and we'll start throwing warnings.

Anyhow! Mario movie. The cartoon callbacks have been more than I expected!

Back