What's a weird and/or random fact about yourself?

I have a sweet pastry with my coffee every morning. Also, I feel a strange sense of deja vu.

I skipped Grade 1 during my elementary school years because I was too smart for it.

I have had Autism since I was 1 year old.

I tend to like female, cute, pretty, or cool characters that are under-appreciated. Therefore, most of my opinions on male characters are either neutral or negative.

I have a huge collection of plushes.

I've run a Jurassic Park/Jurassic World encyclopedia project (like a wiki) since I was 15 or so (36 now). Recently just moved it onto its own host instead of being attached to a fan site: Jurassic-Pedia. I use a different CMS than MediaWiki because there's a big issue with vandalism in that fandom, but it allows me to get to know our contributors one on one and create a healthy environment. We're a bit academic in our approach and function like a scientific body in a way with it. I had gone to school originally for computer programming and graduated in 2006, but I was never able to secure a job with it. It did help me with my website-making knowledge though.

I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective, Depression, Anxiety, and C-PTSD in my mid/late 20s after battling it quietly for years previously. I had a break after trying to go back to school to earn my Bachelors' in Paleontology in 2012/2013 that forced me to confront it and get help ultimately so I've been in therapy and taking regular medication for the last several years. I ended up going on disability. I also found out I may have Asperger's? Given my tendency to memorize things and hold onto all facets of facts of things I'm interested in. I would love to go back to school to commit to becoming a paleontologist fully, but medically speaking I think it would be a bad idea considering it involves a lot of travel and the possibility of being several hundred miles away from a pharmacy to refill medication.

I live alone primarily, but I have a little black cat that I named Ravage after the Decepticon spy cat. She's my emotional support animal and is very good at helping me if I an episode. I volunteer downtown at my local Museum (currently) with was volunteering with a mental health organization until the pandemic hit.

Yes, I also love Transformers - Megatron is my favorite character and I admit I have a shrine there. Heh. The 2005 IDW comics were really good and I love that incarnation of the character the most as well as the Beast Wars version too.

4 facts to start here with I guess. Heh.

When I use a ketchup packet, I like to suck out the rest that didn't get used. *same with mustard and mayo*

A few years ago I bought 2 boxes on the Super Mario Cereal (The one that's also an amiibo). One of them I kept boxed on my shelf, and the other I opened and ate. Honestly when I tried it I thought it tasted TERRIBLE! So I threw the cereal away.

The other one is still unopened on my shelf though. Is it weird to have food that's years old on your shelf?

I mean if you're saving it for a specific reason, I wouldn't think so. Even just as a collectors item isn't too weird.

I'm almost done with my first year of college and I'm not out of high school yet.

I skipped Grade 1 during my elementary school years because I was too smart for it.

I have had Autism since I was 1 year old.

I tend to like female, cute, pretty, or cool characters that are under-appreciated. Therefore, most of my opinions on male characters are either neutral or negative.

I have a huge collection of plushes.
I am Quite Similar To That But They Instead Kept Me In It For Two Years Instead

I see perfectly fine but if I stare at the same spot for more then a few seconds my eyes will get all blurry and crossed and weird-
It honestly doesn't bother me that much so that's good.

I also have an eye condition I forgot the name of where you can kind of see static everywhere you look (thats the best i can explain it sorry-)
I heard alot of people saying they had it but they can only see it in the dark and its not that strong but mine is more intense and i can see static in bright places and when im in the dark its super strong.
I've honestly thought that was completely normal my entire life and it doesn't really Affect my vision so im good lol.

When I was young, I had massive stomach pain and now I think i'm getting it again.

Fuck.

Back