E3 2021 and Summer Game Fest

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Last edited:
I'm sorta expecting EA to reveal The Sims 5 and it'll be a giant fuck you bait and switch with their online multiplayer being a focus. The SimCity online-only disaster is still pretty fresh in our minds.

Like, when Laura Miele , the Chief Studio Officer at EA. said something like this along the lines:

"I think 20 years later we learned a lot about how players interact, what motivates players, how players can come together co-operatively and so as you imagine as we think about the next generation of The Sims it's SUPER important for us to have the best tools, the most flexibility and for players to really expand on their creativity, remix items and objects in the world."

"I think that's one of our biggest opportunities with The Sims… [it is] is the social connection component that we need to bring to this brand and this franchise. The team is hard at work on the next generation of that experience."

basically means, how can we monetize our game so that our playerbase will fall into it? I mean, Bethesda also said something like this regarding Skyrim and we had Fallout 76 as a result.

Predictions-

Smash Fighter Announcement - Probably A Pokemon

Splatoon 3 Overview Trailer

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Tons Of Zelda Stuff -

- Twilight Princess HD Port
- Wind Waker HD Port
- Lots Of Merch
- A Book Or Something
- And I Don't Think BOTW2 Will Be Ready By The Time E3 Is Happening

Wishes-

Smash Fighter Announcement - Crash Bandicoot I

Wario World sequel with Waluigi

Splatoon 3 Overview Trailer

Metroid Prime Trilogy

The Legend Of Zelda: Triforce Tetralogy (A collection of Ocarina Of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD.)

Kid Icarrus: Uprising HD

Donkey Kong Odyessey (Or whatever the rumored DK game would be called.)

Pikmin 1+2 HD Bundle

WarioWare: Switched

BOTW2 Gets An Overview Trailer and a Holiday 2021 Release Date

Last edited:
Should be fun. Even if they don't show a whole lot that interests me I usually enjoy watching these at least.

Man I seriously have no clue on what I want from a Nintendo E3.

I mean I do know what I want but let's not kid myself here, they won't reveal a new Mario strikers or new Mario Baseball.

I wonder if there's anything to show for that certain movie that's been droning around since uh

yeah maybe a teaser trailer or some art?

one half of me is wanting it to stay true to the games and the other half is saying it's gonna be a trainwreck

New titles
Smash reveal
More info for Super Rush, DP remakes, Legends: Arceus, and other recently announced titles
More info for the Mario movie (unless they decide to delay it like Illumination already did with Sing 2 and Minions 2: The Rise of Gru)
New amiibos
More info on the switch pro
(I'm feeling less hopeful for this one because Level 5 closed their North American branch) Localized Versions of Yo-Kai Watch 4 and the Yo-Kai Watch 1 remake.

I'm expecting a new Mario game, at least one Smash DLC fighter, the next wave of Smash amiibo, and a bunch of stuff I won't really care about. Yes I'm playing it very safe.
This. I hope the Mario game is at least something interesting like Mario Kart 9 and the Smash DLC fighter is someone interesting like Phoenix Wright.

wants/predictions
-botw2 full reveal and release by the end of the year
-splatoon 3 with a release date by around august
-switch pro with 4k, better joycon, bigger screen and a brand new vr mode
-metroid prime 4 with full trailer to release early next year, as well as a new 2d metroid next month to keep us going until then
-new 3d kirby game thats been teased for ages, releasing may next year
-new dk game with king k. rool as the villain and dk, diddy, cranky, funky, dixie, kiddy, chunky and lanky as playable characters
-new warioware to release as the benchmark game for what the new switch pro is capable of
-halo master chief collection gets ported to switch, coinciding with master chief being put in smash, because we all know that every character that gets put in smash is only to promote a new release apart from fire emblem characters who just get put in for fun
-new rhythm heaven game featuring over 100 BRAND NEW songs
-ice climbers reboot game headed by sakurai inbetween working on new smash fighters
-sequel to nintendogs + cats, this time adding in that weird little creature from the nintendo labo games
-new tech demo where you get to be a movie executive, inspired by miyamoto's time working on the mario movie. in a few years time, this will be retooled as a lame side game in the new star fox game, which will just be star fox 64 again but you have to put the console in and out of the dock to change between third-person and cockpit views
-brand new mario spin-off starring waluigi where you get to sit around and eat tacos all day, called waluigi's taco simulator
-NSO support for n64, gamecube, gb/c, gba, ds and virtual boy games
-new f-zero

if even one of these doesnt happen i will leave a dislike on nintendos video and then complain about how terrible a company nintendo is for not even being able to meet the barest minimum of expectations

The only thing I'm sure about is last two Smash Ultimate characters and BOTW2 Nintendo wise.
Namco might finally show off Klonoa Encore
I'm hoping Microsoft shows the new Perfect Dark
I'm not even sure Ubisoft will even be at this e3 but I'm expecting they will fuck up somehow
Gamefest wise, I"m looking forward to the Sonic music and whatever retro Puppet Geoff gets to cameo, hoping it's a Fraggle this time
But I'm easy to please, the only thing I'm expecting to be there and not interested in is Army FPSes, Grimdark Zombies and realistic Sports games

40 minutes of direct is rather substantial. Despite that, I do not know what to expect beyond the usual suspects, such as a Smash playable fighter and likely a new Mario game. I just hope that they are all original games (as in, no ports).

Thank you for reading.

There's been many rumors about a new 2D Metroid at E3, and I'm having a real hard time keeping my expectations low. The rumor about Mercury Steam making it is likely false, as they've announced their next game is being published by 505 Games and is going to all platforms. And I don't trust the majority of the leakers who've been talking about it.

Buuuuuut the more I hear people talking about it, the more I want it to be real. It would be something nice to hold me over until Metroid Prime 4 releases...

There's been many rumors about a new 2D Metroid at E3, and I'm having a real hard time keeping my expectations low. The rumor about Mercury Steam making it is likely false, as they've announced their next game is being published by 505 Games and is going to all platforms. And I don't trust the majority of the leakers who've been talking about it.

Buuuuuut the more I hear people talking about it, the more I want it to be real. It would be something nice to hold me over until Metroid Prime 4 releases...
I just want the Trilogy collection in HD.

Back