Mario Golf: Super Rush

WHERE the He*ck is Diddy Kong

the fact that toadette has a render but shes not playable :dk2:

well hey we can still rely on updates those can surprise us, they kinda did with tennis aces

I honestly don't think Ashley is gonna get out of the Warioware games. Maybe she could if enough Ashley fans campaigned for it?
Sure but:
WHERE the He*ck is Diddy Kong
I'm always not so sure about the "DK can have a buddy but Wario doesn't need to" mindset.

Or should say in the whole Switch era we haven't seen too many really giant newcomer for Mario spinoffs. Most noteworthy cases like EGadd, Wario main cast and KRool are still commonly absent, while new faces like Hellen and Fredrik would had been nice picks in advertising aspects. If we can have any of them then it wouldn't be bad to have some main cast absent.

King Bob-omb seems like the only big character that starts to join the fun after so many Party cameos.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think Ashley is gonna get out of the Warioware games. Maybe she could if enough Ashley fans campaigned for it?

There's a raisin I make a point to answer every Nintendo mobile game and Goodsmile's "Which characters do you want us to do next?" surveys.

I honestly don't think Ashley will ever get out of Warioware hell.
I always thought that the WarioWare original characters are in heaven (or in some cases, Rhythm Heaven) because the developers care a lot about their character that they can do all sorts of different things with them like put them in different scenarios and give them proper voice acting in cutscenes. Wario immensely benefits from this mainly because within the Mario series, he is pretty much in the same level as Daisy and Waluigi where he is mainly found in Mario spin-offs but is only slightly better treated (e.g.: he has a face on one of the Nintendo eShop cards). This is a reason I would've liked Waluigi to appear in one of those games to benefit from that sort of treatment, even though from what I see it's rather unpopular of an opinion even among WarioWare fans.

Thank you for reading.

I'm sure that more characters will be added back in DLC. As unnecessary as it is, Nintendo has built up a reputation recently as to only really caring about money, and not the fans. Whenever they do fanservice, it's for money.

I'm just hoping they'll pull a Mario Tennis Aces were all new content was free (though drip-fed for no reason). But yeah, readding cut content or just using DLC as a crutch for a lack of content is totally on the table for these games, and I hate that.

No. It's an edit job on existing renders. You can tell right away the resolution on Hellen Gravely's face doesn't match with the body and Pauline's legs were used (notice how the waist doesn't match).

Neither of those accurately represent me.

Sorry I'd rather have BEEBEE WEEGEE, which is just an amazing name (especially since Charles Martinet calls Baby Luigi so) than freaking Gene and I'd rather have Dr. Goomba Tower over Birdo and I'll fight you for that and I'd like Paper Mario and Statue Mario but that's me.

(you also missed Rusty Copper Luigi, which will just make is an insta-buy for me)

Last edited:
Please add BeeBee Luigi and Platinum Baby Luigi from your earlier idea, that's the fucking definition of fanservice.

1621653146954.png

I would have thought Paper Mario would be on the "Fan's Perspective".

Camelot and Nintendo would never bring back the original human characters they made for old Mario Golf and Mario Tennis games. Not only do they have very little fan recognition (especially with those who never played the portable GBC and GBA versions), but they have little to no originality in terms of characteristics and looks. And the last game that had them, Power Tour, had almost its entire roster filled with them. No one wants that again, right?

Also, I think the Mii's have taken their place. It would be surprising if they brought back any of those characters, even as cameos.

Yeah I see no official portrait of her casual look so it has to be photoshopped. Her sunglasses suits the outdoor activity better.

Now here is the problem: fans and Nintendo have major cognitive difference regarding to fanservice.
View attachment 13282
Of your images, I can see a number on both sides having a chance: Birdo, Toadette and Diddy on the left are highly likely since all three of them were playable in Mario Tennis Aces, while on the right column, there's Shy Guy, Dry Bones and Dry Bowser, who are also playable in Mario Tennis Aces. I think that of the ones that aren't available, more of them on the right have a higher chance like Blooper. I am up for some sleeper picks, but I don't quite see them as being likely since the generic Mario species/bosses are more likely candidates.

Regarding the Camelot golf characters, I am not sure Gene is the primary pick (despite the only one having a punny surname), since Plum is far more recognised by fans from what I see. Even then, I have a feeling that most of the human characters become even more generic since one of their signature traits, the golf attire, is not unique to them now that the Mario characters also wear golf attire.

Thank you for reading.

Rusty Copper Luigi
Is that a reference? Canonically we have Silver Luigi from NSMB2. I also noted that in another edit above.

But Pink Gold Peach seems to have a higher possibility, I don't think we'd easily see Silver Luigi in a medium size roster

Please add BeeBee Luigi and Platinum Baby Luigi from your earlier idea,
I feel like both would come true in Mario Kart Tour.

Camelot and Nintendo would never bring back the original human characters they made for old Mario Golf and Mario Tennis games. Not only do they have very little fan recognition (especially with those who never played the portable GBC and GBA versions), but they have little to no originality in terms of characteristics and looks. And the last game that had them, Power Tour, had almost its entire roster filled with them. No one wants that again, right?
I think recognition is defined by NIntendo themselves. They remember which racers and courses have been in past Mario Kart, and how many old minions exist in early Super Mario games. I mean we even have Chargin' Chuck here, by your definition modern people don't have to see him again as he was just an old minion from a game they never played.

If Mario Golf can get a new game thanks to the history I'd think Nintendo also owe the history a favor.

> no originality

mggbamain.jpg

I wouldn't think the Sport Club characters have no personalities and characteristics. It's more like their standard are very different from Super Mario characters who can rely on advantages like species and adventure backstories.
(Well, I do feel like the protagonist teams are kinda generic, while the rivals seem to have more unique charisma. Just this is applicable to some other Nintendo games like Pokemon.

> No one wants that again,

I don't think it's a good statement. What we criticize was Nintendo and Camelot's lack of future vision in character usage, the inappropriate decision, not the characters themselves.

Sure we can criticize the companies if they make yet another bunch of characters that cannot be further reused. But giving old characters spotlights isn't a negative idea to begin with.

> Power Tour, had almost its entire roster filled with them

So on the other hand wouldn't Toadstool Tour serve a better example? It has Club characters as guests along with the main cast, it's not like they steal the spots from the main cast obviously.
.........wait a minunte, not like my own version of list contains lots of Club characters.

Last edited:
they had detective baby rosalina so why not add Officer Baby Luigi huh HUH?

Perhaps the humans had more variety in the older games and in the drawings and actually seem to fit in Mario's world. But I'm seeing this group render and they're super homogeneous. Mario on the background looks so visually distinctive but he also looks shopped on there.

There are a few distinct humans, particularly the buff guy and the guy with the yellow hair. But the the rest? Very similar body frames. Very similar eyes. Similar heights. Similar eyebrows even. They're awfully cookie cutter. Even Sonic has more variety in the character line up and I always dock their character design for also feeling derivative. Just because they're not existing Mario characters doesn't mean they're automatically visually interesting.

And looking on it, they are actually existing characters from the Game Boy. But what did they do the Sherry? Kid also looks way worse. In fact why did a lot of their proportions, which used to more closely resemble Mario, became way off? Kid actually looked like he could belong in the same universe as Mario, even if his design looks a bit derivative

Wtf Sherry, she was way better in the GB version.
156px-SherrySh.png
Sherry.jpg

Kid, who'd look like teenager Mario if his nose were bigger. Kid after, who lost his features and just looks super bland.
Kiddo.gif
Kid.jpg

Even Gene in 3D, something looks off about him. Probably mucking with his proportions including body proportions and head shape and how the ears used to stick out similar to Mario/Luigi.

Geneyuss1.jpg
Gene_MGAT_artwork.jpg

Ps Rusty Copper Luigi is a running gag from me, which I believe was coined by Ninelendo years ago, and I don't remember much since posts about it go far back as 2014, and maybe longtime forum goers know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Back