what is your opinion on MK7

It's how I've come to hate Peach in that game, since I main Toad. Though currently, my hate of Peach is just confined to that game only, everywhere else she's fine.

I've only played MK7 once so I don't really have much of an opinion other than I think that the game is okay, but I do like MKDD and MK8 (especially MK8D better).
It's how I've come to hate Peach in that game, since I main Toad. Though currently, my hate of Peach is just confined to that game only, everywhere else she's fine.
I see, so you still like Peach in other games as well, except for MK7 even though you get to have Baby Luigi in there with a mod. Also, I like Peach's different outfits in Mario Kart Tour which is why I like her along with Cupid Baby Peach. Dr. Peach is also a nice doctor to play as in Mario Kart Tour if you have her at higher levels along with Dr. Fire Peach.

The No Vs. Mode in single player does really impact it, and there is not a lot to do once you finish the game with all 3 stars, and there is times where you get 3 mushrooms multiple times, but the Multiplayer feature was alright. That being said, I miss the non-Nintendo Network ID multiplayer. It is far from perfect, but I don't get as angry with it as much as 8 or 8 deluxe.

Local multiplayer is actually a bit ass. The developers think that local play is exactly the same as online play, so that's why there's timers everywhere and you can't pause the game midmatch when both those functions were working perfectly fine in Mario Kart DS.

Ever since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was announced back in 2017 the first thing I thought was why didn't they make a Mario Kart 7 Deluxe or at least release a pack that expanded the base game, recalling the time they've released Mario Kart 8 DLC back in 2014. That game is much more in need of an expansion pack, plus it sold incredibly well so the potential sales would have been great (plus it's a chance for Waluigi to return). Even New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf have DLC, and the latter's was released much later than the base game! I guess to the developers this is the more expendable game in terms of content, so in other words, when they're done with it they won't bother to do anything with it anymore.

In terms of content, I concur that it is rather lacking in that department, not only because of the lack of Waluigi (which dissuaded my purchase for the game) but also the lack of basic modes, namely a VS which was included in DS and Wii. At least there's a VS equivalent for Battle, which would have been worse if they didn't even include it. I suppose to the developers online is a priority, since the only bug that I recall them fixing is online-related.

Thank you for reading.

Though currently, my hate of Peach is just confined to that game only, everywhere else she's fine.
saaame, but because of her Hard Ghost Data at Cheep Cheep Lagoon.

Gliding and Underwater are a gimmick until you're trying to beat Time Attack, now suddenly you need to learn how to perfect those small moments of falling.

I pretty much never play it anymore, but it was fun back when I used to play it. The new courses are pretty good, but contrary to popular opinion I'm not a big fan of the retro tracks for this game. Lack of single player VS mode is a pretty big issue, but good thing I have a second 3DS which allows me to play VS mode even without a buddy.

My thoughts on the roster are that it's pretty strange, and it's too bad that Waluigi isn't in the game because he's needed on the rival team when I play team races or battle mode with teams on. Also, I like that Rosalina is voiced by Kerri Kane in this game, so I may have actually played as her more than Peach in this game. I remember falling off the track on purpose sometimes with Rosalina so that I could hear that "Aaaaaaaaaah" scream of hers. I'm glad that it was reused as her Star KO scream in Smash 4 and Ultimate.

It had pretty charming tracks (I love Shy Guy Bazaar and its Super Mario Bros 2 vibes) and a funny new gimnick, but it had a kinda lackluster characters selection. I liked the inclusion of Lakitu and Wiggler - as random as it may seem - but... booting characters like Waluigi for them? Especially after the excellent selection of Mario Kart Wii and before the as much excellent one from MK8 Deluxe? A clumsy move if you ask me.

First of all, I understand why there is a Toad Circuit instead of a new Luigi Circuit, and that's because there'd be too many Luigi-themed courses in the game since Luigi Raceway (MK64) and Luigi's Mansion (MKDS) are already included. Daisy Hills is pretty and the new Mario Circuit is interesting since you can drive inside Peach's castle. I enjoy Music Park because I'm a musician myself. It is said that the mine carts from Mario Kart Wii's Wario's Gold Mine appear in Wario Shipyard, but can anyone tell me where they are found? What I like about Neo Bowser City is that I can end the race by crashing into the electronic sign (provided that the finish line is crossed) and then hearing the character say their line as they finish the race and then cut to their "falling into a void" scream. The DK Jungle is better than DK's Jungle Parkway, and Rosalina's Ice World is reminiscent of the Frozen movies. I just wish the Rainbow Road was the usual three-lap course instead of one long track divided into three sections.

The retro tracks provide more fun here than in Mario Kart Wii because there are more trick spots and new locations appear for underwater and gliding opportunities. But every other element turns me on more in the previous game. Mario Kart 7 is the first Mario Kart game where the characters are not seen outside their vehicles. There are fewer characters in the lineup and I didn't like the additions of the queen bee and Wiggler. I hate Wiggler's attitude: he gets angry when hit by an obstacle or item and when he loses (Wario and Bowser are short-tempered but when they lose, they're not furious unlike in Mario Kart Wii). The "final lap" (or "time's running out" for battles) and post-race music were reused from Mario Kart 64. The award ceremony music was taken from Mario Kart Wii as well, but we don't see the top three finishers on a podium anymore. The number of maximum racers on the track went down from 12 to eight, which makes it too easy to catch up. I wish the Mega Mushroom and POW Block returned. In addition to the absence of bikes, I hate it when the tricks are limited to just the characters looking back and posing; the vehicles no longer twirl as well. The characters don't shout from Mini-Turbos and slipstreams. I don't like Rosalina's new voice talent; her screams when falling down an abyss are ugly and she just goes "huh" when doing a trick, but I like her going "Wow!" when she becomes invincible. It's quite more challenging though when the Spiny Shell hits other racers in its path as it pursues the first-placer, and when Red Shells even chase airborne racers. I wish players were still invulnerable to items as they're being shot out of cannons. But what I still like is that you can already know your opponents' items so that you can drop out of first place before the Spiny Shell is launched, and you can tell if somebody got Lightning so that you can use your item before the bolt takes away your chance.

One of my favorites in the Mario Kart series. I think it had the best selection of Retro Courses, and many of the new courses were really fun too. Despite the lack of singleplayer VS Mode and having a strange character roster, it didn't stop being my most played 3DS game of all time.

Back