Changed opinions

Peachette

I hope you achieve all your dreams!
Pronouns
She/They/Fae
MarioWiki
splashmouse
Whether it was something you liked and now dislike,
or something you disliked and now like..
Here's the place to share it!

For me it's Super Mario 64. You may have known me as the annoying person that seemed to be unnecessarily harsh on Mario's first 3d journey, claiming it was lackluster. And well, I've found myself coming to agreement with you.
Yes, I had a turnaround indeed, and it was thanks to 3D All Stars. I gave the game another look, and found.. I see it differently now.
Though I still agree with my former young self that they could have pushed for more platforming,
I'm finding everything else of SM64 is beautifully crafted. The simple yet charming story plot, the theme of painting worlds, and a break from traditional course progression - Such as encountering Bob-omb and Chain Chomp right at the get go; and of course the smooth playing character mobility + variety of actions, that Mario games are known to be good at.
I was too harsh on a nice work of art. I'm rather fond of Super Mario 64's existence now. It's creative, with fun new personalities thrown in while retaining & expanding on the charm of the old personalities.
I'm sorry Super Mario 64, for the hard time I've given you.

main changed opinions are:
  • village management games used to be the bomb but are now ok, mostly only fond of clash of clans and (if i could have returned to it) battle beach due to nostalgia
  • wii sports resort used to be awesome but now is just alright
  • mario kart wii is now bad
  • lego batman 3 is great - initially thought it was alright as i hadn't gotten to the really good part of the game before and had gotten stuck but coming back to it now, it's a lot better
  • minecraft PE is the best version of minecraft, though to be fair it improved unbelievably strongly and now i can actually play it on a PC and not have the awkward touch controls, so, it's more the game that's changed than me
  • bowser's inside story has gotten better as i've aged, i feel that as an older player it's more nostalgic and i appreciate its masterful creation more
  • galaxy 2 and galaxy 1 have swapped hands a couple of times in my opinion but i've always loved them both
  • free online games now (mostly) suck
  • i think my opinion on super mario sunshine was initially moderately positive, then went down into the "just alright zone" then went back up again
  • my opinion on super mario 64 has decreased since i beat it for the first time
  • donkey kong country returns is still good but i don't love it quite as much as i did formerly

• For around the first ten years of my life, Luigi was my most favorite character and I obsessed over him, similar how I obsess over Baby Luigi. Nowadays, he doesn't even really crack my Top 10 favorite Mario characters, I don't think, and if he does, he'd barely make it on there.
  • Kinda unfair for Baby Luigi really, but he nowadays has to compete with my OCs, the six members of the Protectors in my sig, based after him for attention. He's still my de facto favorite Mario character, though, and I WILL gush over new appearances if he gets any. He's literally the only reason it's tempting to play Mario Kart Tour.
  • I used to at least tolerate and maybe even enjoy Mario Kart 64. I don't. It's my most hated game in the series.
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash!! used to be a favorite game and I'd enjoy playing it a bunch. It's beaten out by Mario Kart 7, Wii, and 8/DX, and even Sonic & All-Stars Transformed and Team Sonic Racing beats it out.
  • My opinion of Peach fluctuated over the years greatly. I used to main her in Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Super Circuit, though was otherwise neutral, didn't mind her. I then disliked her for being kidnapped a lot, and my peak hating of her was in Mario Kart 7 where she was a persistent and annoying opinion. Now my opinion of her is fine.
  • I used to tolerate Yoshi until Mario Power Tennis and I still despise him today. His voice in newer games feels like it gets progressively worse.
  • I had transphobic views of Birdo, but that was mostly due to lack of knowledge of transgenders in the 2000's and how people constantly debated her gender. Now, post 2010's, with better understanding, I no longer hold those views.

Not sure what else I have that had significant changes in any capacity.

speaking mostly character wise. on a few occacions ive def gone from "i dont care/like this" to "wtf i love this actually" but i cant think of much examples. a notable one, when i JUST got into mario and was Absorbing Knowledges on mario wiki, just for a few minutes reading on the koopalings i thougt they were stupid. only just those few minutes. i dont know what happened but lemmy ended up being a character id obsess over for a while and even nowadays i still really like him as evident by my pfp LMAO (as well as liking the rest of all the koopalings i am the Resident Koopaling Apologist)
another case is that mario just went and proceeded to equal, if not exceed, my love for luigi who was already my favorite character and one i obsessed over in like 2018. i dont go as crazy about him anymore now i juts go crazy about mario but both are so good
and theres a lot of more occacions of going from having no opinion on the character to having All the opinion and by that i mean I Really Like Them Wtf and sometimes within a really short time period too
on the contrary. sometimes ive gradually gone from "i like them a lot" to "theyre neat but i dont care that much anymore sorry". it doesnt really get lower than that i just dont tend to dislike characters! nothing is really notable here though

As a kid, i loved new super mario bros wii to death, but now the motion controls kinda bring it down. Im not one of those "mosshen controllz bad!" people, but there were countless amounts of time where i slightly moved my wiimote, which made mario spinjump, sometimes causing him to die.

i think we all went through this, but i used to prefer automatic drift in mkwii, but now i cant play without manual drift.

i used to want super mario 3d world so much, and while i still dont have it, i dont want it aaas much as i did. i was happy to see that it was getting ported to the switch. but man, if 11 year old me saw the mario direct and bowsers fury, he'd have a heart attack.

i think we all went through this, but i used to prefer automatic drift in mkwii, but now i cant play without manual drift.
Same here, I always used automatic drift in Mario Kart Wii. I started using manual drift when I got Mario Kart 7 and haven't looked back since.

As a kid, i loved new super mario bros wii to death, but now the motion controls kinda bring it down. Im not one of those "mosshen controllz bad!" people, but there were countless amounts of time where i slightly moved my wiimote, which made mario spinjump, sometimes causing him to die.
I don't mind the motion controls when playing NSMBWii but I really don't like the NSMB series any more, I prefer the NES, SNES games and I wish Nintendo would make a new fresh 2D game without the New Super Mario Bros. aesthetic.
Anyway:
  • When I was really young, like 8, I used to favour Luigi but it quickly changed to Mario.
  • I used to prefer SM64DS but nowadays I can't go back to playing the DS game due to the controls and textures
  • My favourite Mario Kart keeps changing between Double Dash and Wii. I think currently it's Wii due to online and shortcuts.
  • I used to like Mario Party 3 and 4 the most but that changed to 2 and 5 about 10 years ago. I tried playing Mario Party 4 recently and I just couldn't get myself to enjoy it at all.

I remember being a bit of a sexist asshole towards Peach, but I started to like her a bit. My sister used to love Peach back then but now hates her a lot. Back then, I used to think Princess Zelda and Samus were more awesome than Peach. I used to be indifferent towards Daisy, but I like her a lot now. And that's all I can remember.

Way back in the day, I actually used to dislike Wario and Waluigi, believe it or not. Obviously I have since realized the error of my ways. :wario: :waluigi:

It's the same thing with Peach to me. I was and still am indifferent to Wario and Waluigi. I think both Wario and Waluigi are funny.

Last edited:
I used to kind of like Sir grodus but now i can't stand him especially after seeing that he Betrays Lord Crump.
I used to not really like the 70s & 80s songs but now i like em....certain ones of course.

I never played with auto drift. I learned how to drift in Double Dash and pretty much perfected it by the time Mario Kart DS came around. I used automatic at first only because I played with wheel controls at the time and it's just a worse experience than the control stick really.

I used to love Super Mario 3D World, to the point where it was one of my favorite games, but after playing Super Mario Galaxy, 64, and Odyssey, I consider them superior to 3D World.

I had a lot of changed opinions over the years, but I was almost going to stan for Baby Mario during the Double Dash years and probably drew more Baby Mario than Mario at that point, but Double Dash ironically made me stan for Mario again.

I used to like Yoshi quite some bit, but something about him in Mario Power Tennis struck quite a nerve in me so he's now my among my most disliked characters.

I had a lot of changed opinions over the years, but I was almost going to stan for Baby Mario during the Double Dash years and probably drew more Baby Mario than Mario at that point, but Double Dash ironically made me stan for Mario again.

I used to like Yoshi quite some bit, but something about him in Mario Power Tennis struck quite a nerve in me so he's now my among my most disliked characters.

I am saddened you lost your Yoshi fandom.

For myself I never allow a sports themed Mario game to effect my fandom. Hearing Mario say "Yep, wahoo, yahoo," is cute, but playing Mario Tennis all day with him shouting it aloud like Maria Sharapova would get on my nerves.

Hearing Mario say "Yep, wahoo, yahoo," is cute, but playing Mario Tennis all day with him shouting it aloud like Maria Sharapova would get on my nerves.

"HEHHEHHEH"
"HEHEHEHEH"
"HEHEHEHEH"
"HEHEHEHEH"
"HEHEHEHEH"
"HO"
"HEHEHEHEH I GOT IT"

-Wario, our copy of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I am saddened you lost your Yoshi fandom.

For myself I never allow a sports themed Mario game to effect my fandom. Hearing Mario say "Yep, wahoo, yahoo," is cute, but playing Mario Tennis all day with him shouting it aloud like Maria Sharapova would get on my nerves.
if you think that's bad, just imagine a round of

WHOO-HOO! MARIO'S THE WIENER!
WHOO-HOO! MARIO'S THE -take-a that!
Well I'm *air horn noises* I'm gonna get you, Sonic.! It's the next time! Whoo-hoo hoo!
I'll do it, have a rotten day!
Hello I'm a Mario-*monkey noises*
WHOO-HOO! MARIO'S-Yoo-hoo!
Yoohoo-!
As you look-a closer-
WHOO-HOO! MARIO'S THE WIENER!
I gotta say *monkey noises*
As you look-a closer,-
Take a that!
Hello, I'm-a Mario- YOO HOO!
Hello, I'm-a Mario, let's make-a- YOOHOO!
As you look-a closer
You can enjoy my adventures in the Mushroom Kingdom, and all
Hello, I'm-a Mario, let's make-a pizza pie together! *monkey noises*
*monkey noises*

Mario Baseball isn't that annoying though. Neither is Mario Strikers.

- I used to be indifferent on Daisy, but now I consider Daisy to be one of the better female characters. I guess her more perky personality is the reason. It's a reason I appreciated when Daisy became a Smash fighter despite having essentially zero differences from the actual template.
- I previously liked Luigi but nowadays I won't even put Luigi anywhere near my "favourite characters" list (To be clear, I don't dislike Luigi). I think it has to do with how Luigi's importance is inflated such as celebrating him winning without user input or making his series look as something important (a.k.a. the death stare), and also how people usually compare him favourably to Mario so much as to disparage him (because Mario is my favourite Mario series character).
- I wasn't quite a fan of Donkey Kong, but now I consider him to be funny and endearing. Plus, his expressions with teeth are funny.
- I used to wish for more Super Mario Bros. references in other media, but now I wish there were more Donkey Kong (arcade) references. This is in part due to how Nintendo hardly acknowledged that Mario debuted in his 1981 game, which can lead to wrong conclusions. Meaning that to this day, people still think it's Mario's (the character) 35th anniversary despite it being called "Super Mario Bros. 35th anniversary" and that Mario debuted earlier than that.

Thank you for reading.

Weird, because Mario Golf 64 and Toadstool Tour, the best games in the series, are home to some of the spammiest taunts.
VmbZwjE.png

😱And these below are voice acted
htRMTXf.png
WrlFrQe.png

I don't recollect the taunts being perpetual, doesn't the player have to inact them? Its been a long time since I played Mario Golf 64.

Hearing Mario say "Yep, wahoo, yahoo," is cute, but playing Mario Tennis all day with him shouting it aloud like Maria Sharapova would get on my nerves.
Mario Power Tennis drove my parents crazy back in the day. 😂
I wasn't quite a fan of Donkey Kong, but now I consider him to be funny and endearing. Plus, his expressions with teeth are funny.
!!!! OMG THAT'S RIGHT.
I used to have distaste for DK too, weird as it sounds London 2012 started a chain reaction change of view for me on DK. I started to realize oh he's actually a very friendly and caring ape. A doofus banana obsessed caring ape. I can respect that.
Yeah, the bots don't do it on their own, unfortunately. ;P
that'd be funny af if they did omg

Back