Super Mario 3D All-Stars

I stand corrected then.

not sure if this is comparable but like in minecraft mojang will usually patch a glitch even if people like it. like there was a super simple duplication glitch that didn't need any special setup and just involved dropping the items and reloading the game at the right time, that got patched a couple of years ago even tho glitched speedrunners were using it all the time

not sure if this is comparable but like in minecraft mojang will usually patch a glitch even if people like it. like there was a super simple duplication glitch that didn't need any special setup and just involved dropping the items and reloading the game at the right time, that got patched a couple of years ago even tho glitched speedrunners were using it all the time
woiuldnt that be a problem in multiplayer. if so its reasonable theyd patch it
either way though it sucks how often that happens... look at odyssey patches. what do they get out of patching out like, the wet nut glitch or other glitches that like only speedrunners use, are really tough to do, and arent of any benefit to the average player thats not like. playing through the game with minimum captures or something
i literally do not understand it

id imagine theres still people who would do it anyway you cant really stop everyone like that

(Now I just want to know how they'll emulate Sunshine's analog triggers, and if said analog triggers will work on a GC controller)
hmm well from my experience playing the game having two states would work so maybe the shoulders are for light press and the triggers for heavy press? and then map the map to another buton cause the GC controller only had one menu button

hmm well from my experience playing the game having two states would work so maybe the shoulders are for light press and the triggers for heavy press? and then map the map to another buton cause the GC controller only had one menu button
That would make sense, though I'm kinda hoping that it'll work like the original on a GC controller. I kinda doubt it, though.

The changes here seem a bit silly, but I don't see how they're in anyway game ruining. A change to how the buttons are mapped to make the game work with modern controllers doesn't suddenly change everything else about, nor does it stop the game from being playable.

Looks like it's R to spray in place, and ZR to spray while running.

Guess this disconfirms GC controller compatibility.
unless L is used for anything the game will be perfectly playable on a GameCube controller.

unless L is used for anything the game will be perfectly playable on a GameCube controller.
It would appear that
-R to spray in place
-ZR to spray and run
-L to open guidebook
-ZL to center camera

The GameCube controller has L, R, and Z, with Z on the right side. So unless I'm mistaken, I should be able to do everything except center the camera. Which isn't too bad, I guess.

is that good or bad

so i played mario sunshine for the first time thanks to this collection.

my first impressions are mixed to negative. the level design seems good overall, but i dislike how unrewarding exploration feels; for instance, you go out of your way to jump on a more secluded platform, only to find nothing in there. i find the controls to be wonky and unpleasant--doesn't help that i have joycon drift. the cutscenes and voice acting are peak cringe, and mostly very slow.

BUT. can somebody please tell me what's wrong with the blue coins? i find them to be a great addition in a world which would feel extremely barebones otherwise. these and my personal habit of going for yellow coin runs kinda save the game for me.

Ok, one last post about Sunshine. I've played through Bianco Hills some more now, and the level just keeps introducing new stuff. I judged the game way too early--it's anything but barebones. I think it has potential to be a good experience, but I'm still not fully expecting the game to get too grand. And the blue coins, with the exception of those timed ones, are still very fun to collect despite what everyone says.

Back