What is the ____ video game music you can think of?

What's the most relaxing VGM you can think of?
The Sound of Kirby Café. That stuff is so chill.

Most relaxing? Easy answer:

Of course I'm going to take this opportunity to gush about the Sims 4 again.

This is just one piece out of the multitudes you can hear in Create-A-Sim that you'll spend some time in when creating Sims but this one's my favorite, I like all of the background music you can hear in this game when you're making things, includes Build Mode with the buildings as welll; the music is also very dynamic and has a lot of subtle variations that make full use of multiple channels. I love ambient tunes in general, and some of my most favorite video game music is ambient (like the World Map music in Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Sporepedia's -Spore- music when you browse through the creations as well as some of its OST such as Peaceful Universe and Serenity from Spore: Galactic Adventures).

Well there's one picked out so you don't have to go through half an hour of variations of the song.

But yes the entire Sims 4 soundtrack is just fantastic and it's so worth checking it out if you like this kind of music.

Oh and there's some song from this edutainment game that's super nostalgic but is very good considering, again, it's from an edutainment game

space junk galaxy is so chill and a buncha other mario galaxy tracks are as well
rayman origins has This its one of my favorite songs in the game.. ever since i first played it in 2013 even
rayman 3 also got a bunch of good calming ones! ive gushed about some in the fairy council a few days ago but weve also got plenty in land of the livid dead theres a reason this is so loved
or Sporepedia's -Spore- music when you browse through the creations as well as some of its OST such as Peaceful Universe and Serenity from Spore: Galactic Adventures).
ok but wat about these in space stage when youre in a solar system or just flying between stars. also the title screen theme too???

ok but wat about these in space stage when youre in a solar system or just flying between stars. also the title screen theme too???

Those are great as well, love seeing that title screen and hearing that peaceful music! But I don't play the Space stage too often so I don't hear it as often as the Spore: GA music.

What's the longest game music you can think of? Meaning what's the song that can play the longest without looping back to the beginning (Or a point close to that)
Well, I know for a fact that the credits roll in Mario Galaxy is seven pages long (I'm working on learning the whole thing, trust me, it's not easy). Credits in general are pretty long. Oh yeah, in Miitopia, the dudes who "sing" to title music, I don't think their accompaniment is ever the same, but I don't think that would count (yes, I listen to those songs. I like the Dark Lord's Castle. So sue me.)

The SM64 credits are pretty long, considering that they don't really repeat and loop.

I can't think of particularly long game music, most cap at around 3 minutes tops. I don't think there's any, say, 10 minute beasts of vgm that I can think of, and I don't know if any cap at around 6 minutes.

From parsing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate BGM files, the biggest file in the game is a Bayonetta song, After Burner Climax, which is 5 minutes long.

one of the songs in starbound (ripped directly from the files, theyre not set to loop) literally lasts 20 minutes for no reason. im pretty sure it does loop within the track itself so it has NO reason to last this long!!!!!! also its kinda boreing
besides that. spore's main theme lasts about 10 minutes before it fades out AND its unique the entire way through! yea i already talked about this in my 30 day vg music challenge thread too
i havent listened to it entirely (pretty sure itll just make me uncomfortable) but seems like one of the tracks that plays in minecraft in the end lasts about 15 minutes and is entirely unique too

Yeah, Maxis-made games tend to have pretty amazing ambient music, and Spore isn't any exception to the rule. I haven't given much listen to the galaxy screen since I don't spend much time in it compared to Sporepedia but damn, it's good ambient music!

Reactions: zel
What's your favorite credits/staff roll song?

Mario Super Sluggers, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and the M&L games are all great in my opinion.

out of what ive actually heard i wanna say mario 64. which is a very generic choice but oh well
mario galaxy and galaxy 2s credits themes are pretty good too from what i remember, and mkwii/mk64
AND OH yoshis island deservers a mention as well its just so calm and peaceful

Fastest: Probably any WarioWare microgame music when speed is set to full, especially the Wario Dance Academy one.
Best: N64 Rainbow Road (though Final Fantasy has a good OST)
Slowest: Underwater themes from Super Mario, or the darker RPG Games
Best Credits: Super Mario Galaxy
Best Intro Song: Most likely Yoshi's Island

Mario Super Sluggers has the best credits theme.

It's people screaming every now and then about how much hey love baseball, has musical rapping of Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi consisting of mostly grunting noises like they're trying to do push-ups or lifting weights, musically. It ends with characters going nananananana and it's fun to see to try to make out in the crowd who's who. I mean there's no other better credits theme for a Mario game heh, imo.

I love Mario Kart 64's credits music.

What's the best foreboding theme? (Something like the LMDM Library Piano, or Battleships)

Something ominous.

if you want some nostolgia, i think mario 64, and for me i really liked the staff credits theme for luigi's mansion on the gamecube, and minecraft music is relaxing. and galaxy is very very nice

Back